Star Force RPG

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((That's okay, a lot of people get confused by my style. USUALLY I don't ever say my character's name - rather, I refer to them as their description - until they've introduced themselves to someone, or someone who knows them in the RP calls out their name. On top of that, things and people are described, rather than actually named, if the character doesn't know who they are or what an object is.

It's just my own personal style, though. I think it puts more of the character in the posts.))

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
My Story:

Aurora: Bloody hell… I don’t have time for this!

Aurora picks out the 2 PlsmaGun1’s with 1 Attack+10 on each (so each deals 40 damage). He fires straight ahead and dashes left where the left most Metenna is. Then he fries him instantly (he waits a second if the Metenna was smart enough to move into the center). Everytime the third Metenna tries to line up he moves either left or right, whatever is available.
Then for the second round he pulls the WideSword and locks on the remaining Metenna.

Role’s Story:

The first HeatBall1 roles away, wasted. The second one hits the Metenna head on. Little does Anisa know that Metenna are stupid enough to get in front of her.

Nova: Yeah… that’s the way. We got one!

The remaining Metenna lifts its pick-axe and prepares to attack.

Nova: Lookout. Here comes it's attack.

GoddessNova gets hit by the shockwave, Wounding her, but not bad.

Nova: You alright? Come on, only one left!

[X][X][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][G][X]

Remaining Metenna is 40/40. You still remain on 100/100

Your new selection:

Gatling1, IceStage, Attack+10,
AirSpred1, PlsmaGun1, Cannon,

Galikan’s Story:

((Can you rephrase that? Your sword thing can’t charge while the shield is up.))

Galikan

Justice Bringer
My story:

Ok
Selecting Sword and LongSword I race across the panals and slash with the Sword then moving to the center I wait for Black Shadow to attack then counter with the LongSword after that I hold up my sheild awaiting his attack. When he attacks me again I block then swipe my sword at him (not charged sword) and quickly have my sheild at the ready awaiting another attack.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Enigma Supernal;74101 said:
My Story:

Aurora picks out the 2 PlsmaGun1’s with 1 Attack+10 on each (so each deals 40 damage). He fires straight ahead and dashes left where the left most Metenna is. Then he fries him instantly (he waits a second if the Metenna was smart enough to move into the center). Everytime the third Metenna tries to line up he moves either left or right, whatever is available.
Then for the second round he pulls the WideSword and locks on the remaining Metenna.

Role’s Story:

The first HeatBall1 roles away, wasted. The second one hits the Metenna head on. Little does Anisa know that Metenna are stupid enough to get in front of her.

Nova: Yeah… that’s the way. We got one! Now try again!

[X][X][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][G][X]

Your new selection:

((Hmm, actually, that shouldn't have taken place over the entire combat phase, since they're attacking me while I'm attacking too, but oh well. Ideally, it'd be two pulses per phase, a pulse being a post for ally and a post for enemy. Otherwise, it's not as easy to make combat realistic, since the enemies would be wiped out before they get a chance to move. Sure, you can do that in the Video Game, but that's only due to game mechanics...

Basically, your post pretty much went too fast to really give the Mettaurs a realistic chance, and mine got cut in half... Meaning, we need to set a good Pulse-to-Phase ratio. Personally, I like 2-1, though it seems in the past 1-1 is used. That's how you were able to wipe out that boss in TWO phases, after all. Totally cheap. Though we'll go with what's already been done, before we go further, we need to make some ground rules for combat.

I mean, this is why I hate one-topic RPs. With Multi-Topic ones, at least you're able to define everything... Problem is, other than RPoL, the only way to pull off a decent Multi-topic RP is to make an entire forum dedicated to it... In One-Topic RPs, it's pretty much 'improvise as you go', and everyone has a different idea of how it should go, so it gets kinda... messy. SO THEN...

We need to get a univerally accepted means for combat. This includes layout of cards (for ease of the GM), the Pulse-to-Phase ratio (or you could call it Pulse-to-Turn ratio, if you like that more), how boss battles are handled (since they should be handled differently than Normal Battles), the Boss Battle PtP/PtT ratio, as well as other things we need to define.

Personally, I think Normal Battles should be 2-pulses to a phase. Boss Battles should be 5-Pulses to a phase, since the enemy is somewhat stronger/smarter, so it should reflect the more fast-paced aspect of battle. I'm indifferent to whether there should be a card use limit for a pulse, so I won't go for one way or another. I also believe that the card layout that I used in my Profile over on the profile page should be adopted (cards listed out, and numbered 1 to 30, with the three * cards afterwards, followed by any Brotherband Cards), so that it's easier for the GM to figure out what card goes where when using an RNG to pick the card selection.))

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((Which is exactly why I say we should work on it and fix it up. When we find an issue, we address it, and when everyone agrees to the solution/compromise, it will become official.))

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
DrakeMercySP;74771 said:
I have no idea whats going on now...
((We're trying to come up with a standardized means of battle. Basically, each person seems to do battle differently. We need to standardize what various colors mean, what to use for notation between Standard, Giant, and Boss enemies, the pace of combat for normal battles, the pace of combat for boss battles (the pace being how many posts of battle between card draws. More turns allows for better roleplaying, but too many could get too tedious), as well as other odds and ends. Also, it'd be a good idea to determine Non-Battle stuff now as well, such as profile layout, how to list the cards in the deck, what different colored mystery data would mean, etc... When it's decided upon, I'll make a thread defining everything, so that we can just use it as reference.))

((Edit OOC: By the way, I just did a bit of reformatting on my character sheet. It's much more readable now.))

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Best way to find out is to join in.
We have me, Role, and Galikan here who can GM for you. Everyone else seems to have disappeared.
Pick someone to GM and they will run you through it.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((No no no, the problem is that we need to standardize the stuff so that this kinda thing doesn't keep showing up each time someone new joins and has their own version of the battle system. Basically, we need everyone to agree on guidelines.

Or... you know... we could just do it MY way, and I'll make the guidelines thread for this RP... I mean, if NOBODY ELSE want's to have a say in it, I don't mind, but I just wanna be fair to others, just in case...

GuyInBlack: I've got two things to say: Awesome siggy, and just PM me for help getting started, and I'll work with you on it. ^-^))

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((Fine, but if you don't agree with something, remember, I asked everyone else and you said to leave it to me.))

((EDIT OOC: DONE! Don't come whining to me if you don't like the system. I gave you the chance to contribute, and you said either No or Nothing.

So then, shall we continue? By the way, remember when I told you not to worry about the multiple phase thing? It's so that in the next battle, you'll have to deal with it. ^-^ I'm posting as if this was in response to your un-edited post. Though shame on you for using the WideSword when you can't select it.))

My Story:

Role’s Story:

Nova: Yeah… that’s the way. We got one!

The remaining Metenna lifts its pick-axe and prepares to attack.

Nova: Lookout. Here comes it's attack.

GoddessNova gets hit by the shockwave, Wounding her, but not bad.

Nova: You alright? Come on, only one left!

[X][X][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][G][X]

Your new selection:

Enigma's story:

The mettennas are wiped out, but just as they go, more enemies are sent your way. That thing really doesn't seem to like being followed. However, you notice a feeling of a protective aura around you. You don't know exactly what it is, but it seems to be caused by the distortion caused by the being you're chasing.

"Hey... I recognize this feeling... Looks like if an elemental attack lands in the area we're standing in, the force of it will reflect back to the user. Lot of good it'll do against these enemies, though... Be on your guard, though. They may have something similar where they are, even if there's nothing really noticeable."

[M][ ][M]
[ ][M][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ]
[ ][E][*]

[] Anti-Weaponry area
[] Anti-Elemental area
M = Mettenna Giant
E = Enigma Supernal
* = Red mystery Data.
Active
Defeated

Card Selection: ((Again, you have not specified what is and isn't a favorite, so I'm assuming that none selected are favorites)).

[ParlyzPlus][AirSpred1 ][Invisible ]
[Recover10 ][LongSword ][MiniGrnde1]

There is RED DATA on the ground.

My story:

((I love how you restricted me to the aiming of Video Game mechanics rather than be able to use real world mechanics. I also love how how being hit doesn't reduce my HP. Oh, and also how you SNIPED ME? You know, how you didn't even give me the chance to MOVE OUT OF THE WAY? There's a thread I'd like you to get acquainted with, Enigma. http://forums.dats.us/showthread.php?t=8832 ))

"Ah! Oww..." After hearing Nova ask if she was alright, she replied "Ah... I... I'm okay..." It was a lie. That had hurt. Quite badly, actually. It stung, like a slap in the face, only it was like that over her whole body. She got back to her feet and noticed that her cards had been knocked away, but there were new ones ready for her, so she selected Gattling1 and Attack+10, then AirSpread. It was a good thing she'd read up on these cards, otherwise she'd have had no clue what to do. The Attack+ card would boost the damage of the Gattling by ten... She hoped it'd be enough. The gattling gun, aided by the Attack+ Card, formed around her arm as she readied herself. She took aim, then fired at the remaining pickaxe thing.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Role;75213 said:
((I love how you restricted me to the aiming of Video Game mechanics rather than be able to use real world mechanics. I also love how how being hit doesn't reduce my HP. Oh, and also how you SNIPED ME? You know, how you didn't even give me the chance to MOVE OUT OF THE WAY? There's a thread I'd like you to get acquainted with, Enigma.))

No problem whatsoever!

My Story:

Aurora: I have no idea what you're on about. ((Just for the record I did notice that. lol lol lol.))

Aurora equips the Gatling1 and the AirSpred1 with Attack+10. He attempts to fire straight ahead where the viruses are standing... I'm assuming something bad is going to happen now, so I'll pause here.

Role's Story:

((Losing no HP? Oh crap... I did... That was a typeo! Whoops!))

The GatlingGun1 with the Attack+10 is aimed directly at the Last Metenna. A few shots missed, but it was enough to do the job. The last, pick-axe-thing goes boom and dies.

Nova: You ok? That battle was tense huh?

Galikan's Story:

You whip out your sword, and lock on. Wait a sec... he is still moving fast... Another miss. Now with longsword at the ready you try to make the counter. No good... You hit him to eairly. He flinches, nulling his attack though. He still dances... when he moves into attack, you attack, this time too late. We having fun yet?

Gikan: Bloody hell... Focus kid.

[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X]
[X][X][X]
[D][X][X]

You're on 40/100 hp. Blacky is on 340/400 hp.

Cannon, PlsmaGun1, Recover30,
Barrier, Invisible, Recover10,

Turn...