Sorry, I killed Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
i still don't know what to do about this goddamn book that none of the bookstores have.

i don't want to order it online just yet...

...i guess wait until i go to class for the first time tomorrow

ahhhhh

i still feel like a fucking freshman

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
blade sees all these people having problems with life and they're younger than him, and blade is still struggling with figuring out how to deal with normal people without freezing up, misunderstanding them, or saying the wrong things.

This makes blade feel really bad....

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
blade sees all these people having problems with life and they're younger than him, and blade is still struggling with figuring out how to deal with normal people without freezing up, misunderstanding them, or saying the wrong things.

This makes blade feel really bad....
Ugh, I'm sorry.

I'm having issues with trying to communicate with my roommate.

Mainly because I'm afraid to talk to her.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Marching band playing outside my window.

I FORGOT ABOUT THEM.

Like, it's been a year.

They only practice in the fall.

I once got caught like on the wrong side of the marching band, and oh god was that fun.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Guess what I'm bad at?

Making choices.
You have to fuck up to succeed. That's the simple fact of life. Yes, you may be like your brother and have troubles finding a job right away - but hell, everyone does. But everyone eventually does find a job, and a job that they like.

What you could do is work on your communication skills, and your first impression skills. Smile more, eye contact... that sort of thing really stands out. Talk to your friends and find out what you do wrong and work on actively fixing those.

School, as you know, is a matter of prioritizing time. Don't be a dumbass and study all the time or never - find a happy medium between your studies and having fun. Play that weird game where you post random monsters here in Pages for an hour a day if that's what stops you from completely burning out. Be a candle that's half gone - not running on full power, but not at the end either.

And don't push yourself to do a BS in 3 years if you don't think you can. College is more than just getting a degree - it's about finding yourself and having fun. Go out and get drunk once a week, puke on the side of the road if you must. If that means that you do your four year degree in - gasp - four years, then so be it. You do not want to kill yourself - physically, mentally, or literally. They're going to continue offering your classes, so take 16 credits instead of 18.

tl;dr - don't freak out. You'll make some bad decisions - a instead of c on a test, drinking too many tequila shots, making a pass at the wrong person, acting like a fucking retard at an interview - but in the end, you'll learn from everything and become a better person. :)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
what the fuck is homerwork.
homer.jpg

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
i still don't know what to do about this goddamn book that none of the bookstores have.

i don't want to order it online just yet...

...i guess wait until i go to class for the first time tomorrow

ahhhhh

i still feel like a fucking freshman
hint: you don't need most textbooks.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Marching band playing outside my window.

I FORGOT ABOUT THEM.

Like, it's been a year.

They only practice in the fall.

I once got caught like on the wrong side of the marching band, and oh god was that fun.
marching bands are the only reason to go to football games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.