Sorry, I killed Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
It's an old series... But it's quite nice.

It is. Rather nice series even if the whole setting is ripped off from Jet Set Radio. That being said, it's still awesome.

Also, I just figured out why I like it so much, the main characters explanation with the whole flying and freedom thing is pretty much the same experience I get when skating.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
It didn't just made me wanna skate, but made me wanna modify the skate with motor... XD

That would be incredible dangerous. Skating is hard enough when you're the one providing the propulsion, but get the propulsion directly from the skates and things would get incredibly difficult to control and you risk smack the back of your head on the ground if you accelerate too quickly or if you lose balance. The anime is cool, but you'd need a shitload of talent and/or practice to do even a little bit of what they did if you had powered skates.

That being said, apparently they already sort of exist: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petertreadway/spnkix-wearable-mobility

The stance you have to use those in takes practice though, it uses muscles people rarely use when walking. It's real easy to lose balance in that stance if you hit something though, so I kinda thing I would prefer normal skates over that.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I mean don't know how to skate...

Skating is complicated. Especially roller blades which can get you up to incredibly dangerous speeds without even input from the user when on inclines that make stopping difficult without face planting.

If you do learn to skate, practice on a completely flat surface and learn to turn and stop properly before you go about gallivanting around at any speed. Also, a helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards, and kneepads are very much a must if you aren't an experienced skater.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
blade learned from clinics at a local ice rink. That's probably not a viable option for you though, as it's expensive and time consuming.

Mainly because the best ones are hockey clinics, and that requires full hockey gear (VERY EXPENSIVE) and usually are only aimed at kids. At least around here.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
blade learned from clinics at a local ice rink. That's probably not a viable option for you though, as it's expensive and time consuming.

Mainly because the best ones are hockey clinics, and that requires full hockey gear (VERY EXPENSIVE) and usually are only aimed at kids. At least around here.
Hockey here is on foot. There is only one place we can play ice hockey in this country...

Status
Not open for further replies.