Status
Not open for further replies.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I think I should get into Touhou.

But which game to start with?

You can skip Touhou 1 (Highly Responsive to Prayers): If you can´t read japanese, you won´t be able to read the endings (also, it´s quite different from the rest of the series).
You *can* start to play at Touhou 2 (Story of Eastern Wonderland) if you have the pc98 emulator AND the english patch.
But yeah, it doesn´t hurt if you skip the pc98 part (Touhou 1-5) altogether and go straight for Touhou 6 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (The one where Remilia and Flandre appear first)) (You should get the Retexture Patch 0.3 for that one). (Don´t skip from here one or you miss part of the story (at least that´s my opinion) (and you get used to the "improvements" of the later games, which makes the older ones harder))

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
You better don´t even *try* easy mode... You can NOT reach a good ending playing it (Sakuya stops you from going to Remilia (last stage) if you do (=auto bad end))

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
You better don´t even *try* easy mode... You can NOT reach a good ending playing it (Sakuya stops you from going to Remilia (last stage) if you do (=auto bad end))

Ever since Megaman ZX I have never played an easy mode in games.

Unless it makes unlocking things in a fighting game, because as you should know from my rants, I FUCKING HATE FIGHTING GAME AI. Though Dead or Alive Dimensions isn't that bad.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
You can skip Touhou 1 (Highly Responsive to Prayers): If you can´t read japanese, you won´t be able to read the endings (also, it´s quite different from the rest of the series).
You *can* start to play at Touhou 2 (Story of Eastern Wonderland) if you have the pc98 emulator AND the english patch.
But yeah, it doesn´t hurt if you skip the pc98 part (Touhou 1-5) altogether and go straight for Touhou 6 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (The one where Remilia and Flandre appear first)) (You should get the Retexture Patch 0.3 for that one). (Don´t skip from here one or you miss part of the story (at least that´s my opinion) (and you get used to the "improvements" of the later games, which makes the older ones harder))

Remilia and Flandre are relevant to my interests.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Ever since Megaman ZX I have never played an easy mode in games.

Unless it makes unlocking things in a fighting game, because as you should know from my rants, I FUCKING HATE FIGHTING GAME AI. Though Dead or Alive Dimensions isn't that bad.
MMZX <3

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
I´ve found out why there´re Pokemon cards with wrong elements (like Fire Kirlia (but without weakness against water)):

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
TODAY I GET TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
I already got 4/6 (Yes, I´m going for a Shiny Mew again!)

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
(and no, I don´t want too many legendarys in my team)

Status
Not open for further replies.