Rockman Exe Axess/ Stream and Detective Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draco Ryuu

I don't know if I can help or not, but I watch the Detective Conan in Japanesse and it has the English Sub translated from the Chinese sub so I know most of what the chacters are saying. I don't know if that might help with subbing or not and I don't have the complete series, (I'm still trying to buy it off of online sites that sell it.) I also know of a site that has the RAW episodes.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Are you saying you have DC Chinese subs? Maybe a Chinese translator could help...

Draco Ryuu

well it has chinese sub and also a kind of wonky english sub that I think might have been translated from the chinese, they get the names wrong but you still know who they are talking about. I buy alot of anime in this format so that I can watch certin anime that is not alredy out in the US in english or nobody wants to sub on the net.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Though I'm not very experienced (at all), I am willing to translate Chinese to English for either Stream or DC, as long as the subtitles are in simplified. Well, traditional is fine too, but I'll just take more time on them. There's a higher chance of me working on Stream though. Detective Conan often has references to a lot of random stuff that I don't know about and Chinese subtitles often screw up on.

As I said before, I'll probably won't meet the standards for translating, but I want to at least give it a try.

Draco Ryuu

TennisLord94;66318 said:
Draco, can you please post the conan raws? Also I'm willing to QC stream for any spelling/grammar and timing errors.

I'd love to, but I don't know how to. If someone could tell me how to I should be able to, maybe.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Boy 412;64879 said:
I would like to toss out the notion that we'd be open to a Chinese translator for Stream, since the DVDs have Chinese subtitles.

Now Chinese, I can do. I'm okay at Chinese, but I'm not sure how accurate the subtitles are, and trans-language subs are both messy and lossy.

Translation in Chinese is 60%. I only have 4 days to work again...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Boy 412;66364 said:
...you know Chinese? *grin*

Well, I do. It's just because school started I probably will only be doing it over the weekends and days when I don't have homework.

Still, I want to at least try to help out.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;66437 said:
It's just because school started I probably will only be doing it over the weekends and days when I don't have homework.

I'm just moving into Grade 10, in about 2 weeks, and I'm going to Disney World in about 4 days (hence me only having 4 days to work before I come back a week later). So, if I have absolutely nothing else to do (I probably will, for the next 2 weeks; after that, it's going to get busy), then I can work on it. But because of school, it's staying at 60%. Next summer it might improve to 70% because everyone else is also not busy by that time.

Guys, I'm gonna offer again. Can you please let me know if I'd be needed for QC'ing stream for grammar and timing errors? I'm willing to do it.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Seems like I quit trying for TL. Hope somebody else would be interested in this series.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
TennisLord94;67206 said:
Guys, I'm gonna offer again. Can you please let me know if I'd be needed for QC'ing stream for grammar and timing errors? I'm willing to do it.
Dude, we fucking aren't DOING Stream, as we don't have a fucking translator.

God, why don't you fucking READ and then try and COMPREHEND?

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Naru;67215 said:
Dude, we fucking aren't DOING Stream, as we don't have a fucking translator.

God, why don't you fucking READ and then try and COMPREHEND?

Wow, for a sec there, I didn't know who you were. I thought you got another "Head Admin"...

Like I said before, I'd be willing to do translation for Stream, but seeing as I have school tomorrow... it's down to 40%.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
Same boat as all you guys; I'm also a Rockman fan myself and I have been following the EXE anime series closely too.

Anyway, I'm willing to step up as a translator for Rockman.EXE Stream. Part of it would be to contribute to the entire fansub community and of course to DATS haha. I'm a bit reluctant though, I must admit this will be my first time stepping into the fansubbing work from behind the scenes, aside from watching haha.

Well, I've watched Stream myself and I can safely and surely say I know what MOST of them are talking about and all. And yeah, I have my take on Japanese - not yet the best though; I'm shooting for JLPT by this year, level 3 first. ANYWAY, cutting to the chase, I think I can do it, well somebody has to do it after all haha. Or wait till ages past until you get one lol. ~~~~~/o/ But more importantly, I'm stepping up because the source you guys have, have Chinese subtitles, correct? Well, I'm Chinese myself and I know some Chinese to an extent haha - not the best either but the thing is, it can guide me. That is, if I happen to not know what is being said at the moment, I can refer to the subtitles to tell me whatever I do not get in Japanese (Best renshuu lol, Japanese and Chinese at the same time), but it works! haha. Even if it becomes awry that I don't understand both, I can use a dictionary haha, but that's unlikely unless this is super complicated stuff, but EXE isn't that kind lol.

Anyway, I must thank Rockman.EXE for partly initiating me to the Japanese language and culture - by interest, by curiosity and by being a fan at best. I want everyone to enjoy the series too you know haha.

Anyway, would you guys want to let me try? Maybe lets try out one, then if all goes well, then slowly, but gradually progress till the end. haha

P.S. Don't bite me, haha lol

Status
Not open for further replies.