Rockman Exe Axess/ Stream and Detective Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VideoFan9864

Rockman Exe Axess/ Stream and Detective Conan

For starters guys I like to say that for a long time now I've been eagerly watching your releases. Ryuusei no Rockman, Tribe, and Beast + are my favorites.

Now I saw this forum's request for episode subbing and I thought I should give it a try. I do have a few series in mind since there are either no other groups that do them or they may have already been neglected. The series I'm talking about are the Rockman Exe series namely Axess, Stream, and Beast. Although I am aware that WPP has been doing Axess and Beast and FAQ to Stream it looks like it will take ages for completion. I would like to request at least the completion of the remaining episodes or at least even a few episodes of any of the unsubbed episodes.

Also there is another anime in my mind namely Detective Conan, I believe some of you may have heard about it already and are aware that fansub groups are already doing it not to mention its huge number of episodes. But unlike other anime it doesn't follow a specific order and every episode is not related to one another aside from the main plot. Would it be possible to request subbing for some episodes of this?

1. Now I have read the rules and providing raws of the episodes I requested won't be a problem for me and if you guys don't mind the episode order then I can provide the raws. I am not requesting for the whole series anyway just a few in mind. (How will I be able to send it to you?)
2. In terms of translators I believe it may be possible to find one. If the fansub group I know will agree then I can have one ready.
3. Also what about the QC? How can I be able to help out?

Thanks of course the decision is for you guys to make and its only a suggestion please don't misunderstand.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
First off, let me say a few things

1) I get an e-mail when a new member joins the forums. I saw your username and immediately went "Oh great, either an idiot or a bot." I was wrong on both. :eek:

2) I saw this thread title, and went "Oh, so it's not a bot, but def. an idiot." I was wrong.

Thank you for actually reading the rules, and writing out a full post. <3
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
For starters guys I like to say that for a long time now I've been eagerly watching your releases. Ryuusei no Rockman, Tribe, and Beast + are my favorites.
Glad you enjoy out stuff :D
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
Now I saw this forum's request for episode subbing and I thought I should give it a try. I do have a few series in mind since there are either no other groups that do them or they may have already been neglected. The series I'm talking about are the Rockman Exe series namely Axess, Stream, and Beast. Although I am aware that WPP has been doing Axess and Beast and FAQ to Stream it looks like it will take ages for completion. I would like to request at least the completion of the remaining episodes or at least even a few episodes of any of the unsubbed episodes.
Ahhh yes, good ole EXE. I've honestly been trying since before Ryuusei started airing, trying to get these subbed. I've never had much luck, mainly due to an unwilling translator. Yeah, the key problem is the translator. :(
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
Also there is another anime in my mind namely Detective Conan, I believe some of you may have heard about it already and are aware that fansub groups are already doing it not to mention its huge number of episodes. But unlike other anime it doesn't follow a specific order and every episode is not related to one another aside from the main plot. Would it be possible to request subbing for some episodes of this?
Hmm, we have a few Conan fans. I'm not one myself, but I don't see much problem with that.
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
1. Now I have read the rules and providing raws of the episodes I requested won't be a problem for me and if you guys don't mind the episode order then I can provide the raws. I am not requesting for the whole series anyway just a few in mind. (How will I be able to send it to you?)
Assuming we're able to find willing translators, I can give you staff FTP information, or alternatively, you can use services like MegaUpload or whatnot.

Just to note, it'd be better to have the DVD sources for these, since the TV sources suck/are really old. :/ Though, we do have the DVD set for Stream... :)
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
2. In terms of translators I believe it may be possible to find one. If the fansub group I know will agree then I can have one ready.
This here is the killing point. You would have to recruit one, otherwise this simply isn't possible for us to even consider doing. If any of our current translators were interested, I can guarentee you that we would have episodes released. :/
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
3. Also what about the QC? How can I be able to help out?
<3<3<3<3 for reading the rules thread!!!

I'd give you permissions to view our QC section, and you'd have to download the almost-done episodes, and watch for mistakes. ^_^
VideoFan9864;61800 said:
Thanks of course the decision is for you guys to make and its only a suggestion please don't misunderstand.
If you find me a translator, I can make these happen most likely.

(Yo, Akai, this'd means you'd be timing again >D)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I'd also like to QC Axess... I'm not really a fan of waiting for 100% quality translations, and I might to be able to help here. (Or I could time... give Akai a little more time to do other things.)

Timing and QC are the only things I even might be good at. (Timing is 90%, QC is 50%. Your choice.)

Too bad we need to find a translator... and I can't learn Japanese to the colloquial level in the one month that I have available before Grade 10 starts... This sucks.

VideoFan9864

Boy 412;61818 said:
First off, let me say a few things

1) I get an e-mail when a new member joins the forums. I saw your username and immediately went "Oh great, either an idiot or a bot." I was wrong on both. :eek:

2) I saw this thread title, and went "Oh, so it's not a bot, but def. an idiot." I was wrong.

Thank you for actually reading the rules, and writing out a full post. <3Glad you enjoy out stuff :DAhhh yes, good ole EXE. I've honestly been trying since before Ryuusei started airing, trying to get these subbed. I've never had much luck, mainly due to an unwilling translator. Yeah, the key problem is the translator. :(Hmm, we have a few Conan fans. I'm not one myself, but I don't see much problem with that.Assuming we're able to find willing translators, I can give you staff FTP information, or alternatively, you can use services like MegaUpload or whatnot.

Just to note, it'd be better to have the DVD sources for these, since the TV sources suck/are really old. :/ Though, we do have the DVD set for Stream... :)This here is the killing point. You would have to recruit one, otherwise this simply isn't possible for us to even consider doing. If any of our current translators were interested, I can guarentee you that we would have episodes released. :/<3<3<3<3 for reading the rules thread!!!

I'd give you permissions to view our QC section, and you'd have to download the almost-done episodes, and watch for mistakes. ^_^If you find me a translator, I can make these happen most likely.

(Yo, Akai, this'd means you'd be timing again >D)

1. About the DVD raws I'm afraid I have no DVD of the EXE or Detective Conan but I do have high quality avi's for some of the episodes and I can still get a lot more if necessary. You see in Axess, Stream, Beast or Conan I got bored of waiting for actual subtitles so I downloaded high quality episodes. They are what you may call good in quality the only things missing are the subs. Since I got them from Megaupload or Sendspace. (I know of Multiple sites that offers the raws the only real problem are the subtitles) If you can give me the instructions I will be more than willing to upload the raws on Megaupload or somewhere.

2. As for translators, I do know of people for Detective Conan, in fact all 5 of the subber groups for conan already teamed up to form one fansub group. If some of your members are conan fans then I can talk to the fansub group I know since they are also looking for new members and I think they will be willing to help out. (Plus they already have the materials necessary they just need all the people they can get) I'll wait a moment first if your group already have some people to help since you already have some conan fans or if you want to talk it over after if still necessary I'll talk to the group I know.

3. As for the QC. You mean I get the honor of seeing episodes before they are released? YES YES YES I'll be happy to help out. Although I don't know japanese but if its only checking the gramar, timing and stuff I'll be happy to help out. Also downloading is also a hobby of mine. Also I'm not bragging or anything but looking for errors or critisms (both positive and negative) are one of the things I am good at.

syrg

As for Axess, I might mention that I'm willing to work as a TL Check/Script Editor in that show. As for any proof you need for whether I'm fit for the job, you can check out the latest Stream subs from DSS (we'll be releasing a new version of episode 2 soon which has results of my work).

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Still need someone to do the original translations...

Angelfan

if axess and stream are going to start up again, trust us, there are plenty of willing Qcers here to do it, including myself, a long time fan of EXE.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The point is that we can't do anything without a translator.

axel

Boy 412;63146 said:
The point is that we can't do anything without a translator.

AS i just read trough this thread as im like everyone here a long time fan of rockaman i just wanted to bump this topic and ask if anyting new on the translator front has been found out ? :)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
No.

I would like to toss out the notion that we'd be open to a Chinese translator for Stream, since the DVDs have Chinese subtitles.

Angelfan

ok, now this may seem crazy, because i heard there was so history on this, but could we partner with puku anime to do stream? I know that they would like to get stream subbed as much as anyone once they finish beast. I also know that there may be hard feelings (or so i've heard), but nothing too bad that i can imagine. anyway, just throwing it out there because not too much is happening right now.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
We don't get along with Puku or WPP. So such joints will never happen.

The closest we have come to a joint on this was with Dark-Rebirth or whatever they're calling themselves now. :/ And since me and Brandon are always at ends, that probably wouldn't work at all.

VideoFan9864

Boy 412;64930 said:
We don't get along with Puku or WPP. So such joints will never happen.

The closest we have come to a joint on this was with Dark-Rebirth or whatever they're calling themselves now. :/ And since me and Brandon are always at ends, that probably wouldn't work at all.

I think the group you are referring to is now called Dark Star Subs. As I heard before they redid the releases of streams. They were at a fast pace on the first 2 episodes but alas they may be having problems. Also I believe Puku hasn't released beast in ages and although WPP just released Axess today it took them like three months from their last release.

Although I like Tribe and RnR I do like the EXE series in a way also because for starters they have 20 min episodes. They cut out most of the character development on the 10 min episodes.

So there really are no translators available and a joint project is out of the question as well? Ok if we/I can find someone who can translate then we'll/I'll tell you but of course it will take time.

Also no one is willing to do at least some episodes of Conan? That's a shame

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
I don't see a point in doing Conan there are already 2 groups doing it at a semi-decent pace, not to mention one of them is made up of 5 groups.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I could give a try for being a chinese translator for Stream, but I'm not sure if I'll meet the standards. ^^ My English vocabulary is horrible.

My Chinese vocab isn't really much better either.

VideoFan9864

Akai Shuichi;64949 said:
I don't see a point in doing Conan there are already 2 groups doing it at a semi-decent pace, not to mention one of them is made up of 5 groups.

Yeah I guess so but it still needs some help since it has more episodes than any other anime that I know. Besides the two groups are having a hard time releasing for the moment, since they are people too and stuff like that. Besides I'm sure you would want more groups subbing that anime. But anyway can't blame me for asking right? It is one of my fav anime.

Also I do take priority in the EXE series since it should have finished in subbing years ago preferably Axess and Stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.