Rockman Exe Axess/ Stream and Detective Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

That one guy
Warrock6690;93591 said:
Same boat as all you guys; I'm also a Rockman fan myself and I have been following the EXE anime series closely too.

Anyway, I'm willing to step up as a translator for Rockman.EXE Stream. Part of it would be to contribute to the entire fansub community and of course to DATS haha. I'm a bit reluctant though, I must admit this will be my first time stepping into the fansubbing work from behind the scenes, aside from watching haha.

Well, I've watched Stream myself and I can safely and surely say I know what MOST of them are talking about and all. And yeah, I have my take on Japanese - not yet the best though; I'm shooting for JLPT by this year, level 3 first. ANYWAY, cutting to the chase, I think I can do it, well somebody has to do it after all haha. Or wait till ages past until you get one lol. ~~~~~/o/ But more importantly, I'm stepping up because the source you guys have, have Chinese subtitles, correct? Well, I'm Chinese myself and I know some Chinese to an extent haha - not the best either but the thing is, it can guide me. That is, if I happen to not know what is being said at the moment, I can refer to the subtitles to tell me whatever I do not get in Japanese (Best renshuu lol, Japanese and Chinese at the same time), but it works! haha. Even if it becomes awry that I don't understand both, I can use a dictionary haha, but that's unlikely unless this is super complicated stuff, but EXE isn't that kind lol.

Anyway, I must thank Rockman.EXE for partly initiating me to the Japanese language and culture - by interest, by curiosity and by being a fan at best. I want everyone to enjoy the series too you know haha.

Anyway, would you guys want to let me try? Maybe lets try out one, then if all goes well, then slowly, but gradually progress till the end. haha

P.S. Don't bite me, haha lol

I'm not sure on the current status of the project (I've been away) but we're appreciative of TLers in just about any situation. You might want to message Greg (Koroku) for details, as he'll better know the situation.

VideoFan9864

Warrock6690;93591 said:
Same boat as all you guys; I'm also a Rockman fan myself and I have been following the EXE anime series closely too.

Anyway, I'm willing to step up as a translator for Rockman.EXE Stream. Part of it would be to contribute to the entire fansub community and of course to DATS haha. I'm a bit reluctant though, I must admit this will be my first time stepping into the fansubbing work from behind the scenes, aside from watching haha.

Well, I've watched Stream myself and I can safely and surely say I know what MOST of them are talking about and all. And yeah, I have my take on Japanese - not yet the best though; I'm shooting for JLPT by this year, level 3 first. ANYWAY, cutting to the chase, I think I can do it, well somebody has to do it after all haha. Or wait till ages past until you get one lol. ~~~~~/o/ But more importantly, I'm stepping up because the source you guys have, have Chinese subtitles, correct? Well, I'm Chinese myself and I know some Chinese to an extent haha - not the best either but the thing is, it can guide me. That is, if I happen to not know what is being said at the moment, I can refer to the subtitles to tell me whatever I do not get in Japanese (Best renshuu lol, Japanese and Chinese at the same time), but it works! haha. Even if it becomes awry that I don't understand both, I can use a dictionary haha, but that's unlikely unless this is super complicated stuff, but EXE isn't that kind lol.

Anyway, I must thank Rockman.EXE for partly initiating me to the Japanese language and culture - by interest, by curiosity and by being a fan at best. I want everyone to enjoy the series too you know haha.

Anyway, would you guys want to let me try? Maybe lets try out one, then if all goes well, then slowly, but gradually progress till the end. haha

P.S. Don't bite me, haha lol

Wow I never expected this thread to suddenly move on after a long time. I'm not a part of the staff but I heard that this project went on hiatus because there are no translators. If you are willing to be a translator then this project then maybe it can finally move on. As long as it can be translated I think finding QC's are no problem.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
If you guys would pay attention, you might have noticed that his username is orange now :p

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
haha, Thank you :-p. BTW, I just received your email Greg-san lol, regarding the translation work to be done on episode 8. I started already, almost halfway through it. I typed my translation on a word document, any good? haha How would I send it if ever its finished? Is there any means we can communicate other than this - between the translators maybe or so, just in case. :-p \o/ haha Do I have a deadline? HAHA ~~~~~~~~~/o/

The Chinese subtitles are really useful! hahaha. Kinda hassle, because I'm more used to simplified Chinese, this is traditional Chinese writing on subs. Regardless, the kanji I'm hearing in Japanese are almost the same to the Chinese variants onscreen. I rely towards the Japanese spoken, but this is great for double-checking! xD

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Koroku;93630 said:
If you guys would pay attention, you might have noticed that his username is orange now :p

Aw, damn, and just 2 weeks before I'd be able to help too. (If you guys would pay attention, you'd notice that I'm back after about 4 months. :p)

But remember, I have no experience in Japanese, so I'd rely totally on the Chinese subs. Maybe I could act as TLC? I'm fluent with Chinese grammar, so it's no problem.

After exams and everything, TL will be 70% and TLC will be 90%. I'll be waiting. (Oh, yeah, and timing for any project is always 95%, so if you need help with any of that, I'll be available too. I have absolutely nothing to do this summer.)

On another note, 2,337 posts since I left? That's beast.

Hitomaru

Translator, empty...
YEAH! haha I'm the opposite Zodiac-san haha. *shame, Chinese myself lol* but that would be of great help - well at least the translation work is guaranteed to be more accurate somewhat lol. Well, I did use the Chinese subtitles *sometimes* ahaha but I rely more on Japanese - partly because a) I had forgotten a lot of Chinese b) traditional characters *my eyes hurt* ~~~~/o/ but I still remember lots of it. lol

Its good to have moooar people aboard this project. FUN FUN FUN xD. On the contrary, my school year is about to start, so I might become the opposite of your state, but I still promise to at least keep churning out translations, even if it will be slow-er. It's also a good thing...I can now nag my sensei's and lao shi's to help me haha if ever lol.

Good to have you back! *cheers!, kanpai!, ganbei!*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Warrock6690;93653 said:
YEAH! haha I'm the opposite Zodiac-san haha. *shame, Chinese myself lol* but that would be of great help - well at least the translation work is guaranteed to be more accurate somewhat lol. Well, I did use the Chinese subtitles *sometimes* ahaha but I rely more on Japanese - partly because a) I had forgotten a lot of Chinese b) traditional characters *my eyes hurt* ~~~~/o/ but I still remember lots of it. lol

Its good to have moooar people aboard this project. FUN FUN FUN xD. On the contrary, my school year is about to start, so I might become the opposite of your state, but I still promise to at least keep churning out translations, even if it will be slow-er. It's also a good thing...I can now nag my sensei's and lao shi's to help me haha if ever lol.

Good to have you back! *cheers!, kanpai!, ganbei!*

Another problem is whether the Chinese subs are at all accurate. I won't know whether I'm translating the wrong thing or not, since I only know a few choice words in Japanese. (I'm also Chinese, so it's no problem. ^_^) Traditional characters, you say? Well, Kanji is always traditional, so I don't see how your eyes could hurt any more than they already do... XD

It's good to have another translator anyway. At first we had to wait, like 6 months for one, and now we have two at once. *lucky!, rakki!, youfu!* If you want, we can both do TL and TLC, alternating with each episode or something. I'll be faster at TL since I won't have schoolwork.

Good to have you here! (I believe "kanpai" and "ganbei" are the exact same words...)

*edit* Hold on... why is my username orange now... I haven't even done anything!

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
Wow! Zodiac, are you really Chinese? What a surprise! I am looking forward the time for release, but right now, I cannot do anything more. These days, I am busy encoding the videos I download from the other websites. I want to upload it to a video website, but MKV format is the hell problem for me. If I just transfer it to AVI, the subtitle will be disappeared or even worse. But I will find a way to process it. I love English-subs indeed. That's why I joined in this project.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
sazero;127633 said:
Wow! Zodiac, are you really Chinese?

Well, I'm Chinese but I live in Canada, if that's what you're thinking. I live in the same city as Complex Mind (Toronto, that is).

My confidence in my karaoke skills has sharply decreased. :(

Zeromaru

Class S Irregular Hunter
So, Complex Mind is just like you. I think of......That's why she is good at Cantonese. Good for you, we are considered as a strong group. I wonder how soon will Stream 1-20 released? And, when will episode 21 be started to translation?

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Topic locked because it's getting off-topic. (There's also an official EXE discussion thread. Please use it.)

And sazero, we're waiting until some are released. When some are, we'll get more raws from Greg and it'll go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.