Pokemon Platinum Discussion Thread

GSR

That one guy
Pokemon Platinum Discussion Thread

Source: Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml)

Seems the latest CoroCoro is revealing a new main series game next month, and implies it's a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald of D/P.

Thoughts?

EDIT: First details indicate it may be called 'Pokemon Platinum' and features Giratina. See Voltanis' post later in the topic or Serebii for details, though this is currently unconfirmed.

EDIT2: Confirmed as of 5/11. See Serebii or Voltanis' post for details.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I'll wager a guess that it will be "Opal", considering Giratina.

I haven't played Pokemon since I lost my Pearl a while back. I'll probablly end up buying this, hopefully it will pull me out of my Poke-slump.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Well, whenever my May issue comes (haha, probably will come first week of May >_>) I'll be sure to scan in the page? XD

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I was waiting for official news about that.

I'm guessing, if it is the Yellow/Crystal/Emerald of D/P, that the mascot would probably be Giratina, since the 11th movie, releasing this year as well, focuses on Giratina, and that Giratina is supposedly in a trio with Dialga and Palkia. I'm just guessing.

Edit: and like everybody replied before I posted this... so yeah. ignore all that.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Look at the options, the mascot will be giratina, darkrai or mesprit, that will probably be dimension, twilight or amethyst respectively, but they're just my thoughts.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Possible names include:
Pocketmonster Topaz
Pocketmonster Amethyst
Pocketmonster Whitegold
Pocketmonster Tourmaline
Pocketmonster Moonstone

Source: Bulbapedia

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Whitegold makes me think of those new Milk commercials, Tourmaline reminds me of Touroze (sp? The puzzle game thingy), and Moonstone would just make me wonder when we get Pokémon Waterstone, Thunderstone, Firestone, Leafstone and Everstone. :/

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Sequal to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Information Revealed?

Source: Serebii

In the run up to Thursday's CoroCoro release, info is likely to be leaked. As such, the japanese blog, blue skY, a blog that got some info right prior to DP's release (also got some stuff wrong), has reported some new info said to be from CoroCoro. It's entirely possible that this is not true, especially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it, but here's the info as you do have a right to know:

* Pokémon Platinum, set for September release. Giratina on the box
* Volkner no longer gym leader of Sunyshore City
* The Underground is now Wi-Fi enabled
* An island called Battle Island, works in the same manner as the Battle Frontier
* Several new Pokémon 'forms' exist in the game; Giratina's Origin Form, Regigigas' Sky Form, Shaymin's Another Form
Edit @ 13:56 BST: Thanks to slowkingsley on the forums, we have some further info regarding these translated. Giratina & Regigigas' new forms are said to be able to get the Levitate ability and Shaymin's Another form may be at least part Ice Type

As stated before THIS IS NOT 100% CONFIRMED. The actual scans of the third game will come at some point during the week and we'll always have up to the minute coverage so be sure to keep checking back

GSR

That one guy
I actually made a topic about this a while back, I was about to bump with the new info.

We'll have to wait for the release, though this seems fairly legit.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
All I want to know is what's after Platinum. I can't think of any other main ones after...

I kind of want more 3D games though, personally :-( At least those were all different in a way. And they didn't usually have 100 more Pokemon ><

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Platinum doesn't really seem like it fits with Diamond & Pearl...

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
True. But I guess they're going back to Gold and Silver...maybe it'll be like that and you actually get two regions to explore.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The third games never have that much difference - so I doubt they'd add an entire new region.