Pokemon Online Games

misthero

Pokemon Online Games

I want to hear your thoughts about this little topic. A lot of people are trying to 'recreate' Pokemon into an online and playable version much like current MMORPGs that you only need a computer and internet to play.
A project that would be the hope for a lot of pokemon fans around the world. Of course the one that started this was www.pokemononline.net but after a while of no progress it's left hanging. It's site was even destroyed :|...

One of the most successful Pokemon Online Game was www.pokemoncrater.com (or was it .net correct me if i'm wrong) but due to some unknown problems, it has been terminated. Last i viewed Pokemon Crater they had at leas 10k players playing (or more)

And a few other pokemon online games started to pop out... but due to their weak servers, they can hardly support a mass amount of players... and their main language isnt english at all.

Though now a more promising pokemon online game has been launched... though only at it's beta stages, it seems to be developing greatly. It just needs a powerful server behind it's back. It'll be like any other current MMORPGs, where you have to download and play. I think this is the remnant for Pokemon Online but instead it's named Pokemon World Online (google it :|)

Rocknote

Banned
Pokemon Crater is my favourite but somehow the site is gone! Vanished without a trace! OMG!

There's a news about Pokemon Crater will be revived soon but it is still the same. -_-

misthero

yeah, pokemon crater disappeared due to some unknown reasons. i probably would say they got C&D :| or they got hacked. Their IRC Channel is now off limits.

A new pokemoncrater? interesting :| (though i would rather play somethings that Downloadable) like www.pokemonworldonline.net

Rocknote

Banned
Not a new pokemoncrater but the rumor is about the site will be fixed soon but it is still the same.

Downloadable Pokemon Online Game? I will try it and I prefer the one didn't need to install anything like pokemoncrater.

misthero

hmm rumors... well there are sites that are like pokemoncrater... but due to their images and server threshold, they can't hold unto lots of players playing at the same time.

Rocknote

Banned
Yeah that's right. Even the site is fixed I don't think the members list will be fixed too since the site is gone such a long time.

BTW, pokemononline is gone too? :confused:! I didn't even try to play it before. OMG!

hwarangoo

Journalists
Pokemon online wasnt even finished. But on a browser gae forum they new 2 months in advance pokemon crater was dying.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I think I played the pokemoncrater.com game you're talking about. Text-based, right?

misthero

pokemoncrater... well it had little images to it... maps are there, you can see players too. and yes it's partly text-based. it's probably classified as a visual browser games (you can see yourself, your pokemon and a visual map etc etc) though it was mostly clicking :|

StelarSX

Jack In!
The reason Poke'Mon Crater "vanished" is because the guy who made it said that it was just a side project and that now that he has graduated from College it'd be hard for him to keep it up so he got rid of it as on Dec. 2007.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
misthero;41396 said:
pokemoncrater... well it had little images to it... maps are there, you can see players too. and yes it's partly text-based. it's probably classified as a visual browser games (you can see yourself, your pokemon and a visual map etc etc) though it was mostly clicking :|

I remember Pokemon Crater, it was fun, but got boring after a while. Just clicking around isn't as much as actually being able to walk around :/

I do think a giant virtual Pokemon battle thing would be pretty neat. Pokemon games are getting closer to it, but it'd be cool like after you beat the game, you could go to a new region that is completely Wi-Fi and walk around like how it is with Animal Crossing, there'd be some NPCs, but you could have fun with friends and maybe even some strangers.

But yeah, any that have actual movement seem to just stop updating...

misthero

Emi;41428 said:
I remember Pokemon Crater, it was fun, but got boring after a while. Just clicking around isn't as much as actually being able to walk around :/

I do think a giant virtual Pokemon battle thing would be pretty neat. Pokemon games are getting closer to it, but it'd be cool like after you beat the game, you could go to a new region that is completely Wi-Fi and walk around like how it is with Animal Crossing, there'd be some NPCs, but you could have fun with friends and maybe even some strangers.

But yeah, any that have actual movement seem to just stop updating...

the movement is still there... :) .. they just need more time to make/fix/create/etc it. like... => pokemon world online seems to be going along good, not great, but good.

I also thought pokemon crater got a C&D from Nintendo... but that's just me :)

Rocknote

Banned
misthero;41521 said:
the movement is still there... :) .. they just need more time to make/fix/create/etc it. like... => pokemon world online seems to be going along good, not great, but good.

I also thought pokemon crater got a C&D from Nintendo... but that's just me :)

That's great! ^^

I'm going to break the record of Mr.Hobo the 1st top trainer after the pokemoncrater site is fixed. ^^

Rocknote

Banned
misthero;41555 said:
i dont think pokemoncrater.com is actually going to get back up again :|

O_O! No...I want to become the top 10 trainer. T_T

Just hope the site will be fixed. ^^!