Pokemon Movies Discussion thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...Paranoid much (after all, we ARE a fansub group...)?

Meh. Oh well. Anywho, I personally am irked that electronics are separated by regions. I mean, I'd love to get the region 2 dvds, but if they won't play on anything I've got, what's the point (other than for collection's sake)?

Mitch

Blank For Now
I like Pokémon Heroes and Pokémon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew the most. I like the setting of Heroes, it's like the city on Italy where the town/city is by the water. I forget the place's name.

GSR

That one guy
For anyone who hasn't heard, the Johto starters are featuring in the 12th movie along with Arceus, Heatran, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia. Many people are taking this to suggest a G/S remake is on the way.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Role;87143 said:

I prefer Bulbapedia's title: "Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime"

Now that Arceus is conformed in the movie, I wonder if it's good or bad. Is it trying to stop the fighting like Darkrai and just getting caught in the middle of all of these attacks? I also wonder what Chikorita's, Hinoarashi's, and Waninoko's roles in the movies are going to be. And will these Pokemon's presence in this movie be proof that Gold and Silver are getting remakes?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I think it's the cause of all of it, but that it didn't mean to be. As such, while it was trying to fix its screwup, it gets encountered by the other three and attacked. Chaos ensues, greater problems arise, they team up to get the job done.

You know, typical pokemon plot type thing. And yet, they always make that typical thing seem so AWESOME when you watch it. ^-^

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Yeah. What's their purpose in the movie going to be? That's what interests me the most. I look forward to the result of this (or what I hope the result will be) : Gold/Silver Remakes

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Pretty much...well that and the Arceus that will be given out at the movie in Japan. <--- Not conformed yet, but based on the pattern of the last two movies........

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Though, it makes you wonder... If they're now fully caught up with legendaries... then... does that mean the next game's coming up soon? I mean, usually, when they get caught up, they start introducing newer pokemon...

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Yeah. Movie 13 will probably have a Gen 5 Pokemon in it (like Movie 7 had Gonbe; Movie 8 with Lucario, Manyula, Manene, and Usohachi; Movie 9 with Manaphy and Bouysel).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
My question is... Who? We've not even gotten a next-gen announcement! So I'm curious as to what the next generation has in store... What's more... on what console will it be on? The last couple generations were on the last two generations of handheld consoles... actually, last THREE (GB, GBC, GBA, and finally DS). Does that mean that the next one we'll be waiting on until the DS's successor comes out? God, I hope not...

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I am hoping that they keep the DS. It would be soooo helpful to many players. But since this is a movie discussion (we should have a Gen 5 speculation thread), what other topics of discussion do we have to cover about the next movie? Maybe something like Movie 10 happens in Movie 12 (since Palkia is fighting Dialga just like before).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hmm... well, kinda like in the games, I'm guessing that the 4th Gen Legendary Trio is going to be involved. (First were the Birds, second were the Dogs, third were Regi, current is the... fairies? Sprites? What do we call them?) We'd be having the big four trying to kill each other, then the three show up to stop them or something?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I call them the Pixies/Psychic Trio. It would be cool if they appeared in this movie. I have a feeling though that they will more likely appear in the anime version of this showdown (minus Arceus). If (still likely) they appear, I have a feeling that they will try to stop the fighting. Also, what's up with Headran? Why is it here?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hmm, psychic trio seems to work well for me. ^-^

My guess with Heatran? Same reason as Regigigas. Cameo, nothing major.

...Have we ever gotten a movie with a legit appearance by Ho-oh?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I don't think we have. Maybe it will be in a future movie... *crosses fingers*

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Who knows, they may include Cresselia in a movie release as well. Though, I'm not sure, since they've got it in standard episodes... But regardless, I believe that they have one of two options after this:

Have new movies using the few un-used pokemon out there, or:
Begin to introduce next gen pokemon.