Pocket Monsters Anime (Japanese Version) Discussion Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
600 episodes, you say.

It's too bad there isn't a fansub group that's currently doing it... I can't find the ones by #PocketMonsters, DATS don't have any subs of the older ones (if we ever started or are still even doing it), and I don't really want to watch the dub simply because it was made by 4Kids and I hear that they did a bad job of it.

I bet a lot of groups stopped doing it (or never started) because it was licensed. Either that, or there are official subs available for most of the episodes anyway. I don't know which.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
We're not still doing it, last I checked?

And 4Kids's dub was GOOD (sorry, I love the dub). It's the current PUSA one that fails.

Um, more like Pokemon is too popular for its own good. There are no official subs released last I checked. It's just it's too popular that doing it is quite a dangerous thing. :/ And it's been licensed for FOREVER. So nobody would "stop" doing it halfway because of licensing issues.

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Zodiac;127710 said:
600 episodes, you say.

It's too bad there isn't a fansub group that's currently doing it... I can't find the ones by #PocketMonsters, DATS don't have any subs of the older ones (if we ever started or are still even doing it), and I don't really want to watch the dub simply because it was made by 4Kids and I hear that they did a bad job of it.

I bet a lot of groups stopped doing it (or never started) because it was licensed. Either that, or there are official subs available for most of the episodes anyway. I don't know which.

Actually, the Pokemon Company took over for 4Kids and didn't even keep the VAs.

And, knowing 4Kids and now PUSA, there won't be official subs ever. =/

I don't really want to watch the dub simply because it was made by 4Kids and I hear that they did a bad job of it.

I actually grew up with the dub, and as a result when I tried to watch a sub I had to turn it off. It was just too different. Imo the anime really went downhill after the first season regardless, I still watch alot of the current show (and probably always will because of my weak persona) and the formula for each episode is always the same.

I still love the games though, they are still fun to play and will always have me in their iron grip of death. Gonna get heart gold when it comes out <3

Lol I realise I just posted that in the japanese version anime thread but I wanted to share my thoughts on pokemon :p

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;127711 said:
We're not still doing it, last I checked?

Heck, there's no evidence that we ever started doing it. (Besides the presence of this forum, and even then it might have been a passing interest that developed over time.) At least because I never actually check the DATS release page.

*edit* Screw that, I take this back. The part about starting, I mean.

And 4Kids's dub was GOOD (sorry, I love the dub). It's the current PUSA one that fails.

Okay, it must be exclusively a thing about Sonic X, then.

Um, more like Pokemon is too popular for its own good. There are no official subs released last I checked. It's just it's too popular that doing it is quite a dangerous thing. :/

So because it's too popular for its own good, everybody's too afraid to sub it because they're afraid of being lambasted for trying to take advantage of such a good series? Or they're afraid of being sued because PUSA is paranoid about copyright?

At least that's the message I'm getting from what you're saying.

And it's been licensed for FOREVER. So nobody would "stop" doing it halfway because of licensing issues.

That would explain the absence of subbers doing it in the first place. Most of the still-active ones are in languages like Portuguese and French.

Popcorn42

Nexus_Schwarz;127712 said:
And, knowing 4Kids and now PUSA, there won't be official subs ever. =/

IIRC, it's Nintendo's fault we won't get any. =[

EDIT:
Zodiac;127710 said:
It's too bad there isn't a fansub group that's currently doing it... I can't find the ones by #PocketMonsters,

Really? I'm looking at a heckload of torrents right now..

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Vincentdante;127713 said:
Lol I realise I just posted that in the japanese version anime thread but I wanted to share my thoughts on pokemon :p

*sigh* It quickly went from the Japanese version discussion thread to the general Pokemon thread thanks to that other guy. *points*

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Nexus_Schwarz;127717 said:
*sigh* It quickly went from the Japanese version discussion thread to the general Pokemon thread thanks to that other guy. *points*

Sorry, I wanted to discuss the Japanese anime and how there aren't any fansubs out there, but I guess it was supposed to be a discussion about the episodes themselves. *sigh*

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Zodiac;127718 said:
Sorry, I wanted to discuss the Japanese anime and how there aren't any fansubs out there, but I guess it was supposed to be a discussion about the episodes themselves. *sigh*

It's not your fault, really. Like I said, someone before you started.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
*pokes* So.... I haven't watched the Galactic episodes yet, but yeah... Back to that? =D

Did J REALLY die?! *expects a "come back from the dead" scene* lol

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Popcorn42;127716 said:
Really? I'm looking at a heckload of torrents right now...

...none of which have been active for quite a while. At least due to my poor searching skills. What Google terms did you use?

Nexus_Schwarz

Usually has stupid ideas
Zodiac;127723 said:
...none of which have been active for quite a while. At least due to my poor searching skills. What Google terms did you use?

Zodiac, we can't directly give links to roms, emulators, and other places' torrents.

It's digital pirating. =/

Edit: I would think that includes things to help find them.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;127723 said:

Google isn't the best for searching for torrents. Try some torrent search engines. :p There are many out there.

So, now, ENOUGH. This topic relates to what happens IN the Japanese anime, not WHERE to get it.

So... Anybody wanna respond to my post above?

Popcorn42

So, I have something to contribute...

megumi;127720 said:
*pokes* So.... I haven't watched the Galactic episodes yet, but yeah... Back to that? =D

Did J REALLY die?! *expects a "come back from the dead" scene* lol

Can't see how not. There's more factors pointing towards it than not. (The explosion, water pressure, etc.)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Nexus_Schwarz;127724 said:
Zodiac, we can't directly give links to roms, emulators, and other places' torrents.

It's digital pirating. =/

Whoops.

Then again, not all torrents are pirates. For example, one group pointing to another group's subs isn't actually piracy, it's just bad manners.

As well, I did find the torrents, but I was looking for more of the older ones. It's kind of hard to jump right into the middle of a series because you don't know what's going on.

Anyway, I concur with megumi, enough with the sidetracks. I'll leave this thread until I have something significant to contribute.

loveanimeeverywhere

最後の約束
Pokemon. Who hates it? The one anime that everyone knows about. The JPN version is better, because of Rika Matsumoto. But some of the ENG openings are better. I have two questions: when is it going to end? How OLD is Ash really supposed to be? :confused:

Yep. I just killed everything. -3-

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Meh.

It's never going to end.

And... >_> He's ten when he started out. And there has been no note of how old he is from then on.

loveanimeeverywhere

最後の約束
He should be older than me by now...

I seriously only watch the movies anyways. I curious. Does anyone know what the next season is gonna be? (Name, etc.) Because the Arceus one was the last one for DP, right? So what are they gonna do?

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
loveanimeeverywhere;131536 said:
He should be older than me by now...

I seriously only watch the movies anyways. I curious. Does anyone know what the next season is gonna be? (Name, etc.) Because the Arceus one was the last one for DP, right? So what are they gonna do?

Correction: He shouldn't be older than you by now, he should be older than you always...

loveanimeeverywhere

最後の約束
:D True. Very much. But why am I catching up to his age? Right now, he's 15 or 16, right? I'm almost 15....:confused: But in Pokemon (or any other anime), time barely passes.