Pocket Monsters Anime (Japanese Version) Discussion Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Why do those rings around Palkia and Dialga in the youtube video look like the thing around Arceus?

Plus, Shigeru <3

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
The impossible needs to happen and each of the main characters should capture the Pixie that they saw. :D *likes preview* Wonder when it'll be?

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
Pokémon Hunter J! Man, how I love her <333
And there's Shigeru, too! This is going to be really, REALLY, awesome.

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
From Bulbanews:

The 151st episode will feature Yuxie, Emrit and Agnome. This may also be the episode featured in previous Japanese trailers, wherein Pokémon Hunter J will attempt to accept the three. The episode will simply be entitled 「アグノム・ユクシー・エムリット!」 Agnome, Yuxie, Emrit!.

The 152nd episode will possibly feature the finale of the Team Galactic arc. It will focus on the legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia and the team's goal to capture and control them with the Red Chain. The episode will be entitled 「ディアルガとパルキア! 最後の戦い!!」 Dialga and Palkia! The Final Battle!.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Yuidirnt;119393 said:

I'll update this information when it's conformed by Pokeani. For DP120-DP122, Serebii and Bulbanews couldn't stop changing the title. After that, I decided that I'd wait until it's conformed there...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Dunno if this is the right thread for it, but apparently the new movie will be coming out on DVD mid-December. At least, that's what I can make out from the site...

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Updated the front page...at a reasonable time. :-O

So, to whoever watched the Galaxy Arc,

HOLY CRAP!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THEY WOULD KILL POKEMON HUNTER J?! She was my favorite villain too... ;-;

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
MugenSeiRyuu;127127 said:
Was it confirmed that she is dead. Wasn't there somewhere a rule that says: No Corpse = Not Dead?

When I watched it, it really seemed like she did die. I believe the goggles sinking with the ship was symbolic enough...Besides, she was in the ship as it flew into the whirlpool, and as it submerged. There is no way she could have survived the flooding of the ship due to water pressure AND the final explosion of the ship after that.

Popcorn42

I know! I mean, they actually killed a major named character. (Sure, they killed Ai in movie 1 but, she was already dead...and stuff....and was minor) Didn't think Pokemon would do it

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Popcorn42;127160 said:
I know! I mean, they actually killed a major named character. (Sure, they killed Ai in movie 1 but, she was already dead...and stuff....and was minor) Didn't think Pokemon would do it

When I first heard the spoilers, I heard "someone will die." I was like, 'No, the anime would never...It has to be false.' But as I watched the episode, I saw Future Sight hit J's ship, and I, in shock, realized the truth of those spoilers and I was completely in awe that Pokemon (ANIME) had killed so many people in such a brutal manor.

Mizkip

Not a mudkip
I'm not going to keep up to date on the anime, kip. 500 episodes was enough...
I say drop this series and make an anime off of Pokemon Adventures Manga!
And why can't we have a really cool dude and get rid of Takeshi?
Heart Gold/Soul Silver anime is when?

Mizkip

Not a mudkip

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Mizkip;127698 said:

While I agree with the Pokemon Special Anime, I still love this anime. It's the one that I grew up with so it always holds a special place in my heart~

Takeshi is awesome~~ *doesn't want him to be replaced*

HGSS Anime has not been conformed yet...And it doesn't look as if it will be any time soon because the anime made a mention of Kurotsugu being a Frontier Brain of the Shinou Battle Frontier, with no mention of the Jouto Battle Frontier. That means, it looks like it will take the series up to the Battle Zone in Shinou (where Fight Area, Survival Area, and Resort Area is).

Mizkip

Not a mudkip
I grew up with it as well but Satoshi never learns anything!
And all the girls are pretty much the same, kip. "I'm not weak!" "Alright let's be strong AND pretty!" and then have their emotional breakdowns, kip.

But Red > Satoshi all the way. And Yellow > Everyone.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Mizkip;127701 said:
I grew up with it as well but Satoshi never learns anything!
And all the girls are pretty much the same, kip. "I'm not weak!" "Alright let's be strong AND pretty!" and then have their emotional breakdowns, kip.

But Red > Satoshi all the way. And Yellow > Everyone.

Satoshi has learned a LOT since the first season. I recently went back and watched it when I downloaded it in Japanese. He was clueless in that season. He had no idea what was strong against what. But in today's episodes, he has this knowledge; the writers just write in new strategies for his opponents to make them stronger, and thus Satoshi must strive for his victories.

By the girls, I hope you mean Haruka and Hikari. If you include Kasumi, then you are sadly mistaken. Kasumi may have had her vanity issues, but she is nowhere near close to the desire for beauty as Haruka and Hikari are. And then you compare those two as being the same? Sorry again, but they are two completely different characters. Where Haruka hated Pokemon before her journey, Hikari loved them. They each decided to pursue the same path in the end, but Haruka was quite a bit more experienced because she met a lot more Contest Masters along the way of her journey, who gave her advice. Hikari was not this lucky and she had to learn about all of these things herself. She learned from her failures and regained her own confidence. Haruka hardly had any failures, and when she did, it wasn't because she had a bad appeal, it was because she was outsmarted by her opponents in the battle round.

And saying that PokeSupe Characters (more specifically, Red and Yellow) are way better than the Pokemon anime characters is a matter of opinion.

Mizkip

Not a mudkip
Satoshi still falls for Rocketo Dan's disguises, traps, and rarely shows interest in the main female.

Of course I wasn't talking about Kasumi, she's the only one that seems to stand out. And when I say they're pretty much the same, it seems like they're stereotypical girls. Kasumi aside. Often judging things based on looks, concerned to a degree about their appearance, and for some reason, very bad luck with BIKES. Why not have a girl that's a complete tomboy, a girl that is relatively smart ( debatable ) , a girl that doesn't care about looks, a girl that doesn't obsess over cute Pokemon...Maybe a girl that's actually a bit older?

And a girl that knows when to be quiet.
It just seems like a pattern every season.

Of course I realize it's an opinion. Most things I say are opinions, kip.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
That is one of the things Pokemon will never change. Nobody will notice TR's traps.

Okay, that's good.

Isn't that the whole philosophy of a Contest? Make a Pokemon look its best? And about the bikes, it's another joke that the PM anime won't leave alone. Satoshi's Pikachu will always destroy the new girl's bike.

And about the new personality, when the games stop bringing in Contests (which I hope they don't do), they will probably move on to something else. But until then, I see them bringing out a new girl for contests each series.

About the age: nobody in Pokemon ages. Nobody in Pokemon that is a part of the main group (except for Takeshi, Kenji, and Kasumi) will be more than 10. That is the pattern that has happened since the beginning of AG.