Pocket Monsters Anime (Japanese Version) Discussion Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Pocket Monsters Anime (Japanese Version) Discussion Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Seeing as how the individual threads don't get many posts at all, I thought it was a good time to make a master thread with upcoming titles and we can ignore this too discuss the episodes here instead.

CURRENT OPENING & ENDING SONGS:

Opening Song: "High Touch 2009"
Singers: Satoshi (Seiyuu: Rica Matsumoto) & Hikari (Seiyuu: Megumi Toyoguchi)
Episodes Aired: DP134-(Present)

Ending Song: "Dotchi ~ Nyo?"
Singer: MooMoo Milk and Araki-san
Episodes Aired: DP146-(Present)

If anyone wants full versions of the songs listed above, PM me and I will get them to you ASAP.

UPCOMING TITLES:

Jan. 14: DP159: Roaring Freezing Punch! Buoyzel VS Barrierd!!
Jan. 21: DP160: Get Fired Up, Kabigon! King of the Pokéthlon!!
Jan. 28: DP161: Opening! Pokémon Contest - Asatsuki Tournament!!
Feb. 04: DP162: Double Battle! VS Plusle & Minun!!
Feb. 11: DP163: Blast Evolution! Goukazaru!!

This post will be updated when new titles are conformed by Pokeani. Episode titles will be deleted from this post 1 week after their airing.

Edit (1/18/09): Updated~ I am an inactive member...and now lurker...This is going to more than likely be inaccurate at most times...

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
DP134 is going to be the 600th episode of the Pokémon anime, I always feel excited when they reach such milestones, it's not every day you seen an anime with this many episodes.

Also, Mojumbo. He's... kind of cute, in a weird sort of way.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
600th episode. Wow. It's a long anime...but a good one. : D

It is...although it's a tentacle rapist. XD

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
I believe at the moment it's the sixth longer running anime ever. I just hope there are going to be just as many more.

But... tentacles are lovely D: they're so... so... tentacle-y? |D

Blaze

I absolutely love the anime, though I do wish that Misty/Kasumi would rejoin at some point in the future again... We need more Satoshi/Kasumi love drama in our lives :]

Here's to 600 more!

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
I doubt Kasumi will ever fully rejoin the team, but I'd love to see her stay with them for at least a short period of time. Satoshi/Kasumi was the first couple I liked in the Pokémon anime, and even if I don't really support it anymore I'd like to see them interact again.
I would also like seeing Haruka a bit more, I know she appeared during the Mikuri Cup, but it would be nice to see her again because her interaction with Hikari was really cute.

About the Mukuri Cup, since I didn't watch the Japanese episodes for that, in the Italian dub Hikari refers to Haruka as "her princess", does she do it in the Japanese version?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I never supported Satoshi/Kasumi (AKA the 4Kids invented pairing). It was annoying. However, Kasumi was one of my favorite characters. XD

I would love to see Haruka again too. She has one of my favorite Pokemon with her: Bashamo!! <3

I don't remember if she referred to Haruka as anything, but I do know that Hikari looked up to her a lot...

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
I started supporting Satoshi/Kasumi when I was young, so I don't want to just stop liking the pairing. Probably I was also influenced by the Special manga, but I always took for granted that Kasumi had a thing for Satoshi... but he's so obvious to everything and everyone! At first he was all "I have to beat Shigeru! I have to beat Shigeru!" and now he's all "I have to beat Shinji! I have to beat Shinji!", jeez, get a girlfriend!

Yeah, she was really looking up to her a lot, I remember hoping Nozomi would get jealous or somthing, ahah... will we ever get some decent romance in this anime? (I don't think so, but hope it's the last to die, ne?)

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
SPECIAL!!! I love that manga!!! <3 Red/Kasumi is a popular pairing, just like Satoshi/Kasumi.

Pokemon will more than likely never have romance. Takeshi will never find anyone. XD

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
Takeshi has already got Dr. Uchikido! But I have to admit I support them only because when he was with her Kenji joined Ash in his journey. I love Kenji <3

Satoshi/Kasumi is a popular pairing probably because she's the girl who spent more time traveling with Satoshi, and he seemed quite attached to her. Personally I prefer Satoshi/Haruka, while Satoshi/Hikari is a big NO (I just find her too immature for my liking).

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
But she scarred him for life. Didn't you notice that whenever someone said his name Takeshi scolds them and tells them never to say the name again?

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
Who cares (popular theory is that she is a man, lol). Takeshi is just a reverse pedo after all, he's 15 and doesn't even look at any woman younger than 25/30.
One my dreams has always been to be able to enter the Pokémon world and keep repeating "Uchikido Uchikido Uchikido Uchikido Uchikido" to Takeshi.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Voltanis;95909 said:
I never supported Satoshi/Kasumi (AKA the 4Kids invented pairing). It was annoying. However, Kasumi was one of my favorite characters. XD
I wouldn't call it that. Even though it's questionable with Satoshi...I felt it was pretty obvious that Kasumi liked Satoshi (just like Misty liked Ash; in other words, I felt that this was the same for both versions). Too many hints for it, imo.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
2 Things:

I updated the first post with the most up-to-date titles, and I also added a section for the opening and ending songs.

Also, thanks to Destiny~chan, I had a link to a scan that conforms Soul's entry in the anime. DX Thoughts on this?

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I hope she will just be a character of the day. That way, she can tell them about Jouto Battle Frontier and be out of there. XD

Yuidirnt

Avicoltrice
You're mean! It would be nice if she did something important. I'd like her to also own some of the Marina/Crys merchandise that everyone seems having in the anime xD

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Well, I don't like her. And that would be important. It would tell Satoshi that the story will soon not be in Shinou anymore, and that he would have to go to Jouto. It's just like what happened at the end of Houen. Enishida showed up when Satoshi was about to go home, and he told him of the Kanto Battle Frontier. It also happened with Shigeru and Shinou. He shows up for 1 episode, shows off Elekible, and tells Satoshi of Shinou. Next thing we know, Satoshi's going to Shinou, and Shigeru is gone for about 45 episodes.