Okay, WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Okay, WTF

I don't want to rant (or even go on about this subject anymore, frankly) but I just gotta say something.

mighty, you're an idiot.

You obviously haven't done any translating, if you can't see that people that DO it deserve credit. Do you have any idea how many HOURS of our translator's lives go into translating anime? And then you just sit and insult us, call us little babies, because we want them to be credited when you use our English translation?

I really, really, really don't get you.

---

For others... let me explain. The encoder and translator from Ojou-Fansub decided to quit when the leader refused to give more than a generic thank you to our team. (The individual translators weren't even thanked - it was just a "Thanks to DATS for the quality English translation ^^" - and I asked them specifically to give credit to our translators)

Since he lost his entire team, he's decided to close the group.

Now, I'm not saying that I agree with this, or that it's right or w/e, but I will say that what he posted on the site was wrong. Instead of admitting that he was wrong, and just doing a new version (that's really all I asked for!) - he goes and closes the group, and posts a nasty message.

I've used my kinda crappy French to make a translation. It may be off in spots, but it gets the general feel of it. Read it here.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Hey,

I think that this is gonna be the last news post from the team, I decided to close it...

For the simple reasons of:
- The English team that we translate from cried like a baby (or maybe worse) without asking or at least sending me an e-mail. It makes us look bad, and kills the reputation of the team, and it was all because of a misunderstanding after encode & upload our releases. (I don't really get this next part, but I'll do my best) I offered them credit, and even a logo, and a few days later tey check if their credits are there, and then post the crap on their site.
[03:03] <Scipio> what can i do for ya?
[03:04] <mighty> We translate Inazuma Eleven from your releases, I put a little message to your team every time
[03:04] <mighty> okey ? :)
[03:05] <Scipio> Please make sure to credit each of the translators
[03:05] <mighty> We have done :)
[03:05] <Scipio> And if you use te timed scripts, credit the timers
[03:06] <mighty> We translate only from your releases
[03:08] <mighty> You have a logo of the team by chance? I put next to our time "Inazuma Eleven" will appear
[03:09] <mighty> a logo like that : http://upload.mighty.ma/files/ojou_tag_inazuma_trans_255.png
[03:09] <Scipio> no, we don't do logos
[03:09] <mighty> humm
[03:10] <mighty> I can make another like mine but with "Dats"
[03:11] <Scipio> we don't do them, so no thanks
[03:11] <mighty> okey, as u want :)

The second reason that I want to do this:
- I tought that the Moroccans were the most hypocritical and bastardly people in the world, but it appears that I was wrong. While I was talking to Sylvain (LSMetag or Kurotenshi), our encoder, he treated me like a bastard. (I like seeing what wrote) In the news part of DATS' site, he put "PS 2: Can you join me on IRC? I would have to start a real conversation with civilized peoples."
- In summary, if one's uncivilized, they won't know how to read, much less talk, and you know me. ^^

The third reason that intrigues me:
- Instead of just leaving quietly, Sylvain decided to ask Jerome (Eye62), our translator, to leave the team too. That gave him two large parts of the team leaving. I don't have much of a choice, since I don't want to recruit, I close. "Me and the translator are ready to quit." Which means that "me" (Kurotenshi) and the translator (Jerome) quit the team.

I asked Kurotenshi to stay on the team for you, not to deal with Inazuma shit each Thursday / Friday. Instead of just saying "Yes", he kept talking around and around, not saying much.

(Another bit I really don't get) I don't know if it's me that doesn't have a chance or rather you... a team of shit killing an entire French team over an encoder.
[13:00] <mighty> yeah, deimonhigh is a shitty team and we shouldn't thank then
[13:00] <mighty> but dats, yeah
[13:00] <LSMetag> i would say that's not entirely false
[13:01] <mighty> nimp
And finally... (In Morocco, we call this hypocrisy).

There's no need to propose ideas, or propositions with others, this is the last time I ever trust someone on the Internet.

The team DATS is full of shit, and those two on my team are too. Go to hell. :)

If you want more information, you can e-mail me. The site will be completely deleted in a week or two. By that time, everyone should have read my news, and can see how people can be bastards and the opposite on MSN or IRC.

Instead of just closing the site, I figured I'd be a little kid like "DATS". Adults using speak quietly among themselves, instead of shouting it on the roofs...

And quite frankly, I'm sorry for that used the forum. I'm barely on the IRC chat... I read more messages on the forums or the MP.

Good luck in the future,
Thank's to:
Dattebayo-FR: http://dattebayo-fr.com
Fly-away: http://www.flyawayfansub.fr

The kind of teams that deserve fansub in their names.

++

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I believe that someone couldn't read and comprehend English very well.

His log of your convo CLEARLY states [03:05] <Scipio> Please make sure to credit each of the translators
[03:05] <mighty> We have done
Which well they didn't credit each of the translators. English comprehension = fail, his rant sucks.

And some of the seemingly weeaboos on the comments (well I can't really say they are weeabos but context and words kinda helps) don't seem to get it either.

LSMetag

Sorry for all theses problems.

In fact, the leader wanted NOTHING. I added secretly the generic thank you for the symbol even if I wanted to add more.

Besides, can I know why I've been banned from your chan ?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
This is why Japanese -> some other language -> another language subs usually fail.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
LSMetag;75357 said:
Besides, can I know why I've been banned from your chan ?
Sorry, I just had works with mighty, and got REALLY angry, and just added .fr and .ma to akick >_>

*took them off*

LSMetag

Makoto;75368 said:
Sorry, I just had works with mighty, and got REALLY angry, and just added .fr and .ma to akick >_>

*took them off*

Lol yes I imagine so.
But most of marocan and french people are very kind. I assure it ^^

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Actually I didn't know about this until the problem came out and Makoto made a post here.

But he really fails at comprehension. I wonder if he can understand our subs... XD

Kage;75361 said:
This is why Japanese -> some other language -> another language subs usually fail.

Usually, but not always... But it doesn't matter for those who don't know Japanese watching secondary-subbed anime, since they can't tell them apart.

LSMetag

Futamaru;75371 said:
Actually I didn't know about this until the problem came out and Makoto made a post here.

But he really fails at comprehension. I wonder if he can understand our subs... XD

Usually, but not always... But it doesn't matter for those who don't know Japanese watching secondary-subbed anime, since they can't tell them apart.

Yes I disagree too. You are right futamaru. And there are teams which do excellent work.

Runic

That shitty French isn't that bad. Most of it is correct.

Kage;75361 said:
It does work alright provided the translator have good enough knowledge of both japanese and american culture so that he can accurately interpret the original meaning instead of directly translating from the sub.

And though mighty's english isn't good, it appear to me he did understand the request. He is actually claiming he was about to comply when he read the rant on Dats.us (which lead to the disbandment).

The sad thing about this is that most fansub teams don't even care about asking if they can use another group's translation as a base.
To bad it ended that way. It could easily have worked out well.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Just because one idiot couldn't do proper credits, that sucks. It pisses me off when people steal my stuff and don't use credits (or do generic)

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
I don't think that we reacted too much. We are just demanding what's promised but not yet fulfilled...

celestial_sacred

It's just a simple thing. If Ojou credited the translators in the first place, nothing of this sort would have happened. It's even stated clearly.

LSMetag

I totally agree with you. I know your job because I did all the jobs on an anime. They need all a lot of hours. That's why I couldn't stand working with people with this spirit anymore.

When I say violent, I want to say "public".

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I'm a huge fan of name and shame. Would you have known we were upset otherwise?

LSMetag

Yes I understand. But wasn't it possible to express it by email or in Ojou's chat ?

It would have avoid to make all the team be ashamed I think.

I think it would be better doing hardsub rather than softdub in order to avoid script's stealth and have better control of who use your scripts.

Besides, I don't think there will be a lot of teams which will ask you but will steal your job without credits. It's often like this unfortunately.

Runic

It's not that bad. Really, you guys should get over it. They were just angry for not being credited properly.
Just credit them and resume the show. End of story.

As I said in your comments on oujou's website, I really think you should reform the team. It's not too late. I watched your release out of curiosity. It's decent, and though it would need improvement it's still better than I expected.

You guys are really making to much of it. Maybe you and mighty are being too proud. It's really a waste to give up that easily. Was your team that unstable to be blown away with just that?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, ah! Does that mean I can beat him to death with my BANHAMMER? Can I? Can I?

*is brimming with murderous glee...*

Status
Not open for further replies.