Oh boy...

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
1+2):confused: We have a layout coming that was suppose to be released on our birthday.

3) I don't see a need for advertising, we are a subbing group, not just a forum.

4)I don't get what you mean about the forums, we have many skins now, so I dunno what the hell you are talking about.

ShadowLazermon

Scar;9863 said:
1+2):confused: We have a layout coming that was suppose to be released on our birthday.

3) I don't see a need for advertising, we are a subbing group, not just a forum.

4)I don't get what you mean about the forums, we have many skins now, so I dunno what the hell you are talking about.

Well, I keep seeing the same old layout for the forums. Evere since I signed up for them before the main site was taken down. It's the Black and White comic book layout.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
It's the default style >>;

We have even made topics about us releasing new skins, so it's not like we didn't say we had them >>; Just select one of them at the bottom of the forums.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
New site layout is being worked on. I just haven't had the time to add everything in... and I still need to figure out how to get something working the way I want it to...

Forums have a crapload of themes available, with more coming as the days go on. Go the bottom left of the page and see the drop-down? There's where you'll find more themes to use.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
The change the bloody layout then in your usercp setting and stop bitching, it isn't like new skins were not mentioned.

Now this is not a bitch thread it is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread and not a single word in your post was constructive (and nor do i appreciate my site being brought into this)

We advertise through our work - YOU pay for our advertising on google etc then if you want it, we fork out enough of our own money already.

We do have real lives, jobs, school, college etc, we do what we can when we can.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Oh calm down Vande, he did bring up a number of good points...

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
yep, this has become quite an arguement. Let's all take a deep breath and refrain from kicking your computer. It will only result in a several thousand dollar/pound/euro/whatever bill and a sore toe. Everybody be happy :)

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Shorter skirts.

Kidding.

I'd come rushing back for a Tamers sub, I know that much. Maybe you guys could do stuff like hold contests every month. Who can draw the best picture, write the best story, put the funniest bogus subtitles on a selected scene...that kind of thing. Prizes are always a good incentive to get peope active. u.u

What would I REALLY like to see? Another new digimon series. But that's totally out of your hands. I bet we'll get a rush of new members when the Savers dub hits airwaves though.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
We're hoping to see some Tamers come rolling around soon. As you may have noticed for onkeikun's signature, she's 60% with her batch of Tamers translations, and her batches normally make rest of us go "@_@ Where do we start?!"

Contests... now that would be an idea...

I am planning on ordering another set of the Deltora Box... maybe I could give away the extra set of cards... hmmm~

RollEXE

I already love you guys to death. Maybe start holding polls on these forums to get our feedback? It's a start.

miforever

Rokkuman-sama~ ^^;;
What about affiliations? I know you guys are already affiliated to some other sites in the fansubbing community, and that you have a "Link to Us" option on your main page. But have you tried approaching other sites (either fansites or subbing sites) and asked to be linked to, and in return link to them?

It can be beneficial to both you and the site in question. The only problem would be how to approach others with out sounding too bold and turning people off... are any of you guys good at diplomacy? ^^;;

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Since we don't currently have a "full" site, I haven't done much affiliaton thinking.

But if a site is interested, once we get the full site up, I'd be glad to get hooked up. I'll also see about approaching a few once we're all ready.

ShadowLazermon

Vande;9868 said:
The change the bloody layout then in your usercp setting and stop bitching, it isn't like new skins were not mentioned.

Now this is not a bitch thread it is a CONSTRUCTIVE thread and not a single word in your post was constructive (and nor do i appreciate my site being brought into this)

We advertise through our work - YOU pay for our advertising on google etc then if you want it, we fork out enough of our own money already.

We do have real lives, jobs, school, college etc, we do what we can when we can.

You must have problems with attacking me..... This is a thread discussing what you guys need to do in order to stay alive and such which you have stated in your.......angry post. I have fulfilled my part of being a member by expressing my views and opinions on what I think you guys need in order to stay alive and be a good part of the Digimon community.

I brought your site into this because I am comparing your site with DATS as the layout for DigitalStarLight is better than DATS's. That is the only reason why. I can see if you are angry at me for bad mouthing your. And every word I said in my post was constructive, you just failed to see it after you saw me bad mouthing your site.

I do not look at every damn post the Admins or Mods post. I do not have time for fooling around with looking at threads with posts that I think seem pointless. I didn't see any thread regarding new themes for the DATS forum which could be that pointless thread with posts I talked about. I know you will go find all threads URLs and post them here making me look like an ass, so don't bother as I have already done so by saying that there hasn't been any new themes for DATS's forum.

As far as the advertising. I brought it up because if you want more people to join as members and so forth to see DATS's fansubs or forums or what ever it maybe, then that will be a good way. Google and Ask advertising were only suggestions. I know they cost money and I know that because I have looked into it my self for certain things. When talking about advertising, I was aiming for affiliating and the TOP 50 things other Digimon sites do.

You guys do have work, school and lives. I myself am still going to school and I do what I can for my site, and I see that you are doing what you can for DATS, but there is no reason to bite my damn head off over something I said because you don't think my post was "inconstructive". I was merly adding to the suggestions being said in this thread and that is what the thread is about, it's NOT to be about a post being constructive.

Now that you have made me spam in a thread that didn't need it over your stupid post calling my post inconstructive, I will go to a thread where a member or so called "Admin"(you), will not bug me with annoying remarks regarding the inconstructiveness of my post.

Good day,

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
ShadowLazermon;9987 said:
Now that you have made me spam in a thread that didn't need it over your stupid post calling my post inconstructive
I've wasted a minute of my life reading this ;)
I imagine that every member of this forum read some thing in the announcement forum. Anyway, I don't think we want to ask people to watch our sub, but instead let people watch our sub then if they like it - come to the forum. Just my opinion...

ShadowLazermon

pawitp;9997 said:
I've wasted a minute of my life reading this ;)
I imagine that every member of this forum read some thing in the announcement forum. Anyway, I don't think we want to ask people to watch our sub, but instead let people watch our sub then if they like it - come to the forum. Just my opinion...

Like I said in my previous post. I stated that they only needed to advertise if they planned on having more members watching their subs or whatever they want members to do.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Members will come if they like what you do. It's not something that you advertise, and then someone will like it. I mean maybe on Deltora Quest or Blue Dragon, but for Digimon and Rockman, the people who watch these things are long time followers and I seriously doubt that people who have not watched other series will just pick it up out of the blue.

ShadowLazermon, if you cannot read the threads in the ANNOUNCEMENT FORUM which everyone should read, then you are failing as being a member. For all who knows, it could have been something important, and just because you think it's a stupid title or something, you will skip over it.

You are in no way active here at DATS, so I don't know why you are talking about trying to get active members to come here. You have a lousy 12 posts, which probably half have come from this topic. Before you say anything again, I suggest you try and become active.

This is the thought of a fucking 14 year old, so take it as you will >>;

ShadowLazermon

Scar;10021 said:
Members will come if they like what you do. It's not something that you advertise, and then someone will like it. I mean maybe on Deltora Quest or Blue Dragon, but for Digimon and Rockman, the people who watch these things are long time followers and I seriously doubt that people who have not watched other series will just pick it up out of the blue.

ShadowLazermon, if you cannot read the threads in the ANNOUNCEMENT FORUM which everyone should read, then you are failing as being a member. For all who knows, it could have been something important, and just because you think it's a stupid title or something, you will skip over it.

You are in no way active here at DATS, so I don't know why you are talking about trying to get active members to come here. You have a lousy 12 posts, which probably half have come from this topic. Before you say anything again, I suggest you try and become active.

This is the thought of a fucking 14 year old, so take it as you will >>;

WTF dose post count have to do with anything? Yes, it proves I am a lousy member, but at least I do post. My not beign active has it's accuses which would be homework up the ass not giving me any time to do shit on the Internet. And when I do post, I make it a worth while one like me giving my suggestions in this thread.

I maybe a lousy member, but I am a member that will help out with anything even if that is arguing with members that think they are better than everyone because of their post count like you.

I'm done.

*Elvis has left the building*