MegaMan Battle Network series / MegaMan NT warrior series

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Shush said:
The DS emulators kinda suck. Most of them are slowed in not-super-pro-comps.
Fortunately enough, Star Force plays at a pretty average speed on the iDeaS 1.0.19 emu. Only problem is you can't play sound.

Shush

I do.
I'm the only guy in this world that played all MMBN and MMSF without music? o_o
Just activate Winamp with the best songs you got while playing.

PrimoPiccolo

Well, you can, it's just not quite as encompassing. (Though, Game Boy games tend to have such a repetitive soundtrack that it doesn't bother me.)

PsstBehindU

Im just wondering is starforce the game worth the bother, ive played all of the BNs and i kow SF is simlar. ive got a ds and a fast comp should i just download a ds em and rom it or buy the game?

PrimoPiccolo

PsstBehindU said:
Im just wondering is starforce the game worth the bother, ive played all of the BNs and i kow SF is simlar. ive got a ds and a fast comp should i just download a ds em and rom it or buy the game?
I'd download first to see if you like it. The RPG elements are exactly the same as BN, but the other half of these games is all about the battle, and I still don't find it quite as gripping. The 3-D isn't really great enough to warrant the upgrade, plus you're restricted to one row now, and no more Program Advances, so the combo thing's harder to pull off.

So just try it out first. And don't use No$GB as your emu, you can't see the battles on that thing.

Dengar

Why do people mourn the loss of Program Advance so much? I mean, they would be majorly imbalancing in a world without card codes. Instead, you get bonus cards for making counterattacks, not to mention Star Force Big Bang. There's plenty of ways to deal damage without resorting to Best Combo, which really is a cheap way of doing things.

PsstBehindU

Dengar;15440 said:
Why do people mourn the loss of Program Advance so much? I mean, they would be majorly imbalancing in a world without card codes. Instead, you get bonus cards for making counterattacks, not to mention Star Force Big Bang. There's plenty of ways to deal damage without resorting to Best Combo, which really is a cheap way of doing things.

Well a good PGA could b the diffrence between a win and loss, especially against other players. most players move really well on the board at least in BN so it is hard to hit them with basic high damage hits but most PGA's give u that needed range to hit them.

Dengar

PsstBehindU;15456 said:
Well a good PGA could b the diffrence between a win and loss, especially against other players. most players move really well on the board at least in BN so it is hard to hit them with basic high damage hits but most PGA's give u that needed range to hit them.

Did you read nothing about me saying that PA's are even more imba than Best Combos without card codes?

PsstBehindU

Dengar;15687 said:
Did you read nothing about me saying that PA's are even more imba than Best Combos without card codes?

ok ok i c were u r coming from, i only picked up the DS game the other day and since playing the game i can c y PA create such an imba.:p