Koushiro "Izzy" vs. Touma "Thomas"

celestial_sacred

A PhD in teens = smart/genius (whichever you think is more appropriate for this age).
If Tohma was in Stockholm University because he had the money and not because he's a genius, he could have dropped out. Which university would keep a lousy student and give a PhD?

Frozen Twins

Betamon X: ACK! All this debate we've missed out on.

Gomamon: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Alright, I've seen so much I just love in this thing, debate, facts, tearing down facts, tearing down the tearing down of facts, obscure little boosters.

Now... It's my turn. First things first, as far as "smart" goes, Tohma obviously knows a whole heck of a lot more then izzy. For evidence, go back and look at everything that has been said.

However... Izzy is the smarter one.
A. What is the definition of "Smart?" If it's how much stuff a person can remember (aka... I.Q.) then it's a battle between Henry and Joe. However, Izzy may not be able to find the same kind of facts and understand everything like Touma, he does know where to get it. That makes him smarter, because he has a more available access to all knowledge then Tohma, and can interrpret it extremly easily.

B. Tohma is a realist, Izzy is not. Izzy came up with theories and ideas about that digital world, even though some of them ended up being not true, he wasn't to look at this brand new world and just go cool, Izzy's curiousity drove him, Tohma's fear for his sister's life. Reason is the biggest thing behind a person's degree of "Smartness."

C. Izzy is more like henry, and Henry is the smartest out of all the seasons... which makes me wonder why he wasn't in the available options.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Frozen Twins said:
Henry is the smartest out of all the seasons...
Say what?

Yes, Henry had a decent head on his shoulders. He was a peaceful soul. And he was quite intuitive. But how exactly was he the smartest of all Digimon characters?

I'll give you the Tamers, they never really thought things through. Hirokazu and Kenta were even supposed to be dimwits. But Henry never skipped a grade, never carried a book or a computer with him, and I often remember him having to go to either his dad or his martial arts instructor for clarification on a subject. The only brilliant move I ever remember him making was when he figured out the Devas were linked to the Chinese Zodiac.

Again I say, he was intuitive. He had plenty of good strategies to deal with enemy Digimon that crossed into the real world, and how to keep his friends safe. But Touma easily surpasses him in the strategy department, and it's been said enough times that nobody beats him in sheer academia.

So I really don't see how it's possible Henry could remember more facts than Touma, when Touma already has a clear understanding of just about everything related to Digimon, computers, espionage and medicine.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Multiple Choice !

And if we talk about Tamers, Ruki also had some nice Tactics. That´s what those Card Slashs are for.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Johnzaloog;16034 said:
Has anybody noticed that the poll shows a total of 108.33%?

I guess they're both smarter than the poll system here.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
AdamSharp;16078 said:
i wold say izzy is because he learned everything without being in a rich family
But Tohma is naturally smart. Finances should have nothign to do with it. If you're smart, it's going to show someplace.

It's like how a kid is really smart in school, it's usually mentioned by the kid's teacher or brought up by someone or either shown. To me, Jou showed to be smarter compared to Koushirou because we saw him working hard for that intelligence and it was pointed out by other characters where his marks were concerned. If Koushirou was so smart, then it would have been mentioned someplace in the show. Koushirou's knowledge is selective. He's only smart when he wants to be, or if it's something that interests him like most any other average person.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Johnzaloog;16034 said:
Has anybody noticed that the poll shows a total of 108.33%?

That's because this poll is in tick boxes rather than radio buttons, so people can vote for both Koushirou and Tohma, thus increasing the percentage beyond 100%.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
I broke the tie for Master!

I would say that being a doctor and a master tactician employed by a secret government agency puts Touma up above Koushiro. He keeps his hair looking better, too.

This is pretty hard. Touma won a nobel prize at a pretty young age, but Izzy does some crazy things with his computer, what with creating simulations and all that seemingly overnight, sometimes even in a matter of minutes. To be honest, I think Izzy's more book smart, where Touma has a more tactical feel to him. Touma reminds me of Artemis Fowl, and Izzy is more similar to your traditional geniuses like Einstein.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I have to disagree there. Touma seems more book smart to me (just like Jou). Look at his credentials. Koushirou's schooling has never been referenced at all. It's always been Jou whose schooling was mentioned and how he made decent marks. Thinking about, none of the Adventure kids seemed to have school mentioned about them, aside from Jou...and Daisuke as it was mentioned that he was bad at math, iirc.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
SSJ Jup81;18719 said:
I have to disagree there. Touma seems more book smart to me (just like Jou). Look at his credentials. Koushirou's schooling has never been referenced at all. It's always been Jou whose schooling was mentioned and how he made decent marks. Thinking about, none of the Adventure kids seemed to have school mentioned about them, aside from Jou...and Daisuke as it was mentioned that he was bad at math, iirc.

and in 02, it shows Taichi in maths class (and struggling).