Keyboard Problems

_Z-mon_

Just keep in mind, Intel Macs still have some programing issues. Such as not beeing able to run "classic MacOS" and the fact that adobe seems to hate it. I use a Intel mac at work, and wile it's nice, some programs like to just suddenly cut out (Illustrator primarily)

Devkyu

Wha...?
I will NEVER EVER EVER touch another mac ever again. I spent four years repairing them and I hate them.

I have, however, fixed my PC. Cursing at it and shouting horribe ways in which I will mutilate it seemed to get it to accept my Product Key.

/dev/urandom

The Mac Mini is going to be discontinued Real Soon Now, though I can't seem to find the source right now.

You _can_ run Classic apps... just in a really slow emulator. :) Search for "classic on intel" on the 'bay.

Have you ever actually USED one without having to fix it, though? When they work (which is actually most of the time), they work quite well.

ChikoritaKaizer

Quality Check<br><span style="color: #1894fe;"><b>
Devkyu;960 said:
I will NEVER EVER EVER touch another mac ever again. I spent four years repairing them and I hate them.

May I ask how long ago this was? The current Macs are very reliable, heck my old iBook G4 never gave me any trouble. Even my old Quadra 650 has never gave me any trouble, the same goes for my old Apple //e. I really have no idea why you won't touch them when you look at your current PC ;).

/dev/urandom;961 said:
The Mac Mini is going to be discontinued Real Soon Now, though I can't seem to find the source right now.

You're thinking of the rumor on Macrumors. You can't take every rumor as fact like you're doing, until they are actually confirmed by Apple, not every rumor is true.

_Z-mon_;958 said:
Just keep in mind, Intel Macs still have some programing issues. Such as not beeing able to run "classic MacOS" and the fact that adobe seems to hate it. I use a Intel mac at work, and wile it's nice, some programs like to just suddenly cut out (Illustrator primarily)

I got Adobe CS3 a couple weeks back and it works fine on my MacBook Pro. I didn't even use Classic when I had it on my iBook G4, that's what my Quadra 650 is for.

Devkyu

Wha...?
My PC only had a problem with the keyboard. After 5 years, that was the only problem I've had with it. And fixing macs for four years ended only a few months ago.

ChikoritaKaizer

Devkyu;1005 said:
My PC only had a problem with the keyboard. After 5 years, that was the only problem I've had with it. And fixing macs for four years ended only a few months ago.

Have you ever fixed PCs? If so I've got 7 of em you can try to fix ;), but none of my Macs need fixing. You do realize that Macs have essentially 7% of the market share of all the PCs, so that is still a very large number of Macs. Look in any magazine and you'll see that Apple has the best reliability of all of the PC makers. (Even PC magazine rated them VERY highly for reliability. Now THAT is saying something.)

It's a proven fact that people are going to be more vocal if they have a bad unit than a good unit. Take this as you will, but give the Mac another chance, buy one and you won't be sorry.

ankoku

ChikoritaKaizer;1018 said:
Have you ever fixed PCs? If so I've got 7 of em you can try to fix ;), but none of my Macs need fixing. You do realize that Macs have essentially 7% of the market share of all the PCs, so that is still a very large number of Macs. Look in any magazine and you'll see that Apple has the best reliability of all of the PC makers. (Even PC magazine rated them VERY highly for reliability. Now THAT is saying something.)

It's a proven fact that people are going to be more vocal if they have a bad unit than a good unit. Take this as you will, but give the Mac another chance, buy one and you won't be sorry.

I would be. "Oh look you can run windows on a mac too". Yeah? I can run it on a PC more easily. Also, since the chipsets are going to be the same, I wouldn't be surprised if I could run OSX on my PC relatively soon (at least as long as I have an intel chip in my machine). And would I ever boot into it? No, because I want quick and easy access to my games, whenever I want to play them.

"Those mac minis are so cool". Yeah? And could I easily take their cute little body apart and put in my two 750 gb drives? Didn't think so.

You hate windows. Devkyu hates macs....just leave it alone.

KouseiKibou

I wouldn't be surprised if I could run OSX on my PC relatively soon (at least as long as I have an intel chip in my machine).

You can, actually. Just not legally.

Hey, I just made one post backing up a suggestion. It's not like I'm cramming it down anyone's throat. And I don't hate Windows, I just hate it's flaws. Same with Linux and OSX. Everything has flaws, but everything can be better. Some people have specific needs and everything has a niche. A place for everything and everything in it's place.

ChikoritaKaizer

ankoku;1030 said:
I would be. "Oh look you can run windows on a mac too". Yeah? I can run it on a PC more easily. Also, since the chipsets are going to be the same, I wouldn't be surprised if I could run OSX on my PC relatively soon (at least as long as I have an intel chip in my machine). And would I ever boot into it? No, because I want quick and easy access to my games, whenever I want to play them.

"Those mac minis are so cool". Yeah? And could I easily take their cute little body apart and put in my two 750 gb drives? Didn't think so.

I never said I hate windows, did I? And you know that while you can't put two 750GB hard drives in the Mac Mini, you can connect two external hard drives to it and they will act essentially the same as an internal hard drive. You can even boot a Mac off a FireWire external hard drive. And are you closed minded enough? I use windows based PCs at school and at my job and while I don't particularly like using them, I do use them and have used windows a lot, I have formed my opinion over years of use, if MS ever released a superior operating system, that was secure and better than Mac OS X in Graphic Design, then I would switch to a windows based PC, but until then I'll use a Mac.

Even since I typed the first response in this thread, my parent's fairly new (less than 2 years old) PC that they sometimes use just fried. The motherboard on it died, now just so you know EVERY single PC that my family has owned (save for a rarely used Vaio) has had at least one hardware failure, but the Mac's record in the house remains perfect. I'm just telling you facts, Macs in my experience are many fold more reliable and many times less prone to hardware failure. While the price at purchase may be a little more, compare the price after you buy all the programs that you need, such as virus protection, etc. All I'm saying is give the Mac another chance, because you fixed them, therefore you're only going to see the bad units, the same would go if you repaired PCs.