Hunter x Hunter

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
I remember getting them from somewhere else, where the subs hurt my eyes till they bled. So after I took over the anime collecting, I burned those episdodes and switched to another group which was better, (Quality leaves something to be desired though.)but I don't remember which. I'd need to check.

Edit: I think the episodes which I hated might be one of those terrible hong kong translations... come to think of it, there wasn't the usual group advertising I usually see >_>.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Can't really say anything :p I haven't really caught up to the manga, but I'm glad that HxH will be alive once again and not just be a dead series that only old fan know of.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Anyone know of a place to get it after it starts up again? I'm sure quite a few people will be anxious to start it up again. Even though I don't care much for scanlations, I'll make an exception for this. ^_^

*Crosses fingers* Togashi-san...please go back to Kurapika, the Spider Gang, and Killua's younger sibling who seems to be involved with the Spider Gang. Please hurry up and have Gon and Killua defeat Cell...I mean that giant Chimera Ant thing. Please end the Chimera Ant Arc in general. I beg of you! End it!

For those who were keeping up with the manga, did anyone else feel that the Chimera Ant Arc was just going around in circles right before that hiatus?

Oh, for the fans here, what would you do to make the characters better or more interesting? For me, like the anime implied in the very beginning, Killua had those "killing urges". I felt that this should've been focused on more so to show how deeply rooted "killing" was in his system, since he's been doing so for so long.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
And I wanna know if Killua still ends up being best friends with Gon. Or what's up with him and the rest of the family.

Personally the Chimera Ant Arc sucks. >_> It needs to end.. LIEK NAO.

@_@

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Kage;11328 said:
And I wanna know if Killua still ends up being best friends with Gon.
Of course he does. Gon is Killua's very first friend (not counting that servant girl of his family, whose name I can't recall, that has that cane), and Gon is a very open person who values anyone he considers a friend. I couldn't see them not remaining best friends. That was established early on in both the manga and the anime. Gon never had any boys around his age to associate with (in the manga, it's implied that he always had to be around older women...and some found him cute or whatever) and Killua never had any friends period because of his family's profession, which makes me wonder how anyone of his family can actually go out and get married since they're so seclusive.

Sure they may have their disagreements (like during the Greed Island stuff, both split ways for a while because they couldn't agree on a way to make money to buy the game that both liked), but that's normal with any relationship. Just look at all the disagreements Kurapica and Leorio had, but they were still good friends.
Or what's up with him and the rest of the family.
Yeah, I'm pretty interested in this as well. Why did his father allow him to leave? How did Killua's so-called "sister" leave if always around their mother?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
You put sister in quotes, so I'm guessing you know it's not a girl? :p The Zaoldyeck had 5 male children... Killua, Illumi, Milluki, and Karuto are ones we all have seen. Karuto being the one who is in the spiders and looks like a girl. The 5th child, Alluka, still hasn't made an appearance past being in flashback scenes.

I'm sure that Alluka will have to play some part in the coming arcs, because why the hell would Togashi just leave him out of everything. And then Karuto will have to come into play at some point. They just need to do another Zaoldyeck arc ;3

So many holes are open :( He needs to end the Ant arc now, and return to the good things :D

Hopefully, his return won't be short again ;_; If it is, I'll die xD

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Scar;11432 said:
You put sister in quotes, so I'm guessing you know it's not a girl? :p
Yep. I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that. After finding out that "secret" for Akito in Fruits Basket, I did something similar. Every time I would mention "him" with a pronoun, I'd put it in "". lol
The 5th child, Alluka, still hasn't made an appearance past being in flashback scenes.
I totally forgot about this one. Something to look forward to.
And then Karuto will have to come into play at some point.
Definitely!! I want to know why "she":p is with the gang and how "she" could manage to just up and leave, when "she" seems to always be by "her" mother's side. lol

Oh, you know, ironically, for the musical based around the Zaoldyeck family, Karuto was played by a girl.
They just need to do another Zaoldyeck arc ;3
I wish they would.
He needs to end the Ant arc now, and return to the good things :D
*Nods* It's been going on for too long. Oh, I can't recall the character's name, but they met him during the exam. He was good with bows and arrows, and he was in this arc. Did his character get killed out? I recall his hiding, and that's about it. I don't remember what happened after that. I'm pretty sure his name began with a "P".

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
SSJ Jup81;11456 said:
Oh, I can't recall the character's name, but they met him during the exam. He was good with bows and arrows, and he was in this arc. Did his character get killed out? I recall his hiding, and that's about it. I don't remember what happened after that. I'm pretty sure his name began with a "P".

I haven't read really far into this arc, only to fight before the fighting starts, so I don't know much on that, but I do know he killed some of the people from the exam :(

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Scar;11462 said:
I haven't read really far into this arc, only to fight before the fighting starts, so I don't know much on that, but I do know he killed some of the people from the exam :(
Pokkuru was his name, the archer boy. I liked him and the girl he hung around with, Ponzu. I forgot what happened to her too during teh Chimera Ant Arc. Both of them, Pokkuru and Ponzu were together during it. I know they got separated, though, when attacked by those Chimera Ant things.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ok but I really want that line Killua's father said explained. When he let Killua go. I want to know if he thinks Killua will later start killing the same way his father and the rest of his family works or if it happens some other way. Like, what was his dad really implying.

That and how it goes down with Kurapika v Kuroro (since it's implied he's getting his nen back)

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I'm looking forward to seeing that. See, Gon and Killua are now boring...they need to bring back Kurapika!

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Well, raws for the chapter came out yesterday, and it seemed very boring... aside from the fact I didn't know what was going on.

The first few pages were colored and looked good, then it almost turned into 1-3 pictures a page with text, so it mostly looked like a white page ;-;

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Eh, it was a short run. :/ No news on when it'll start back then?

Other than that, I've read that Viz is pitching the idea to dub HxH. :D

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Oh?

Finally HxH will be done in a decent english dub. Hopefully, it goes through... even though I'm not a major fan of Viz's dubs, still cool to see it in english ;o

Also, Togashi promised this break wouldn't be as long, but who knows ;\

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Yeah, they're pitching it along with Monster. Both are good~ And Viz is good imo. Just as long as they don't change the music, OP and mess the voices up. >> (Which they might do..)

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
All I can say is, "Good luck with that." I hope the dub is okay. I think I'd have a difficult time getting used to the dub voices, though, since I'm so used to the originals.