Hunter x Hunter

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Hunter x Hunter

Yes, this show = awesome.

I mainly made this thread to announce that... well... You can read it for yourself. I'm so excited. Wasn't expecting it to start again so soon.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Wow!! October 6...my birthday!! That'd make a nice b-day present! lol

I am so glad the series is going to get picked up again. Wikipedia was actually right for a change. lol

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
OMG... You know I made a HxH topic awhile back :< (EDIT: Oh, I guess it was on the old forums o.o)

But really... I thought we would never see HxH again... I need to download some scanlations...

The english manga is catching up though o_o With this two year or so absence the english manga is on volume 16(already out) which is right before Gon fights Bomber o_o

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
ASFGJKJFSKLKLASKLF OMG YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

You make me uber happy in my time of depression.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Well... i saw the first episode, thanks to Digi.

And i absolutely loved it =D!~

I'll definitely keep myself updated on this show...

I'll at least try to watch one episode a day, as I've been very busy lately...

But... i can't wait to catch up =D~

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
It gets better the farther you get, Kev.
I made digiboy watch it, and he didn't regret it.

Wonderful news, thanks, digiboy!

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Kewy987;8852 said:
Well... i saw the first episode, thanks to Digi.

And i absolutely loved it =D!~

I'll definitely keep myself updated on this show...

I'll at least try to watch one episode a day, as I've been very busy lately...

But... i can't wait to catch up =D~
You'll be a bit let down with the non-ending, ending, though..but thank goodness for the manga.

digiboy123

Though, Jup, as you know, they had started production on the 4th OVA, or basically the continued story, but were halted. I suppose it was because the manga went on hiatus, yeah?

So, yeah, not the *real* ending, Kev. Just a temporary one at best. ;)

Maybe we'll get more HxH anime in 2008 sometime if they start production back up. ^^

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
OMG! YES!!!!! HUNTER x HUNTER FTW! :D (My dad's pissed at me so if I get him some eps since the family loves this anime, I think he'll be less pissed ^_^) *goes to watch the original series and ovas again*

Is it possible for us to sub it? >_>. I really don't want to spend hours coming through crappy subs.

digiboy123

Lordlokey;8901 said:
Is it possible for us to sub it? >_>. I really don't want to spend hours coming through crappy subs.

Hey! Do you have the DVDs to rip and for us to sub? Or even a TLer? I'd be all for it, and I'd reckon a couple of other staffers would be, too.

It's probably out of the question. But it's not like we're bullet-training down the 1-sub-a-day or even 1-sub-a-week tunnel either.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
digiboy123;8866 said:
Though, Jup, as you know, they had started production on the 4th OVA, or basically the continued story, but were halted. I suppose it was because the manga went on hiatus, yeah?
Yeah. That's why I was put out by the anime ending since it wasn't a "real" ending since the manga hadn't ended. I hope this Chimera Ant arc hurries and ends. Before the hiatus, it had been dragged on for much too long. I really want to see Kurapika again, Killua's younger sibling, and the stuff dealing with the Spider Gang.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Even though this ending would probably be the END for HxH..

I wanna see Gon introduce Killua to his dad... >_> OR AT LEAST MORE OF THAT GUY'S APPEARANCE.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
If the series doesn't end with Gon finding Ging or something about Ging, or if he rushes the ending, I will kill Togashi. >|

Yes, I know it's typical... but god, that's the whole outline of the story from the beginning. If he doesn't finish it, it would seem like he just did random things which took him away from the original concept.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Like... PLOX END THIS CHIMERA ANT ARC NOW?

;-; I want more... I dunno... Kurapica and stuffs.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I hope that he ends it quickly and bring HxH back to how it w as. If he really is back, then hopefully this will happen. Because really, this ant thing is just really a piece of crap and is nothing like the rest of HxH o-o

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I hope Gon finds his father, just like I hope Kurapika defeats the Spider Gang. I love his character! It sucks that he doesn't get to do much for the series in general when the Greed Island stuff comes about. I can see Leorio, since his character didn't have any major issues, aside from his wanting to become a doctor to hep others.

Lordlokey

The Black Hand
DVD rips? I wish, I have some raws off PPlive that are ok quality (with chinese subs of course >_>) but only first season. The rest are subs from other groups, some which I want to skin alive for their horrible qcs/tls..

(This was made to reply to digi on the first page.)

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
A-K and AKU's subs, themselve, are not terrible at all. It's just the quality of the video and the typesetting ;P

The script, meaning the translation and such, is very decent. Or from what I remember o.o

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Scar;8931 said:
A-K and AKU's subs, themselve, are not terrible at all. It's just the quality of the video and the typesetting ;P

The script, meaning the translation and such, is very decent. Or from what I remember o.o

Yeah, I agree with the translations being fine. As the HxH TV series is extremely old anyway (but so well done~~~), it's pretty awesome you can still get subs of it in such quality. Go for it >w< ~