Harry Potter #7 Discussion

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Harry Potter #7 Discussion

As it will be out across the globe in less than 48 hours, it's time we have a thread for discussing the contents.

THERE WILL BE UNMARKED SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD. ONLY READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED AND/OR HAVE READ THE BOOK.

23 hours 34 minutes for me...

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
same time for me as scipio and i cant wait for the book.

thanks for making that anouncement Scipio. cant wait to get the book

DtD

[Z?]
WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE

Encyclopedia Dramatica said:
Lol dead people spoilers:

* Voldemort kills Burbage on pg. 12

* A Death Eater kills Hedwig on pg. 56

* Mad-Eye is confirmed dead on pg. 78

* Scrimgeour is confirmed dead on pg. 159

* Wormtail's silver hand kills him on pg. 471

* Dobby dies on pg. 476

*Snape gets bitten on the neck by Nagini, dies on pg. 658

* Fred Weasley gets blown up, dies on pg. 637

* Harry gets fucked up by Voldemort on pg. 704
o Comes back to life on pg. 724

*Voldemort gets killed by his own rebounding curse (n00b) on pg. 744

* Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 745

Lol, welcome ;P

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I don't mind reading spoilers lol. Wiki had a whole, large, plot summary for Deathly Hallows.

Anyone who's actually read it... You think the Deathly Hallows and the besting of death would be like from The Canterbury Tales if.. you know... they actually DID best Death? I mean... 3 guys... and death... @_@ Sounds so much like one of the tales XD

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
well i have the adult version - only 607 pages long
swearing, plenty of death.

Naming the kids after parents, dumbledore and severus.
Love Malfoy's kid name (Scorpius)

(i was first to get it at WHSmith at 8.30am this morning) ^^ so first of the morning queue - ok i'm now sat soaked in shopmob but it was worth it)

i want to cry now....

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I got mine at 12:15AM and I was done by 7:31AM >___>

\o/

I liked how she had Harry die and then undie. That was kinda nifty. Explained a lot of things.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
I didn't get a chance to read mine 'till 1:00 PM (stupid furniture delivery guys had to come today D: ), finished at 6 PM. (Not counting my Icee break. XP)

And Harry didn't permanently die. I am pleased. XP I was surprisingly upset over Dobby, considering how much he used to annoy me. XD

Rikku-chan

Hell's Phoenix Girl
Well this ended like a bad fanfic. Rikku is angry and dissapointed...no bankai and hollows what a rip! (J/K on the Bleach refrences) Seriously why did she give into the fandom it's so doesn't make sence and Rikku hasn' read any other Harry Potter book but the first.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Many things were either, omg readers just know what's going to happen, or damn she's made it like a bad fanfic.

R.A.B <- I knew that the day I read it.
(Can't know if my spoilers are true much but...) HarryHorcrux <- Knew that too.

Also... is it just me or does the ending just sound like... a fanfic ending?! @_@ I think the only name really nice out of the "second generation" is Scorpius. Cause the other names are like.. O.O Poor kids.

GSR

That one guy
My thoughts?

Mrs. Weasley redeemed herself as a noncrap character in the final battle with the epic line, 'NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!' She then proceeded to lay the smackdown, earning her major points.

lol epilogue

lol snape

I think Rowling just sort of wanted to add some more stuff for them to look for when she put in the Hallows. >_>

My book has a tear on the back cover.

lol snape again

Is it just me or did like half the non-main cast die?

lol nazi Voldemort

lol snape

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
She killed so many fan-favorites... I don't see why she made Colin die. What did that have to do with ANYTHING? It was just sorta a random "Oh, look, he's dead. Now I'm going to die now too."

>_> I liked Colin.

Snape totally deserved to die. I hated him ever since I read the third book (that's the first book I read)

The Hallows did seem kinda random... like it was a way to make Dumbledore look non-perfect. I don't see any real reason except for that... Why did she insist on killing Dumbledore's "Perfect Person" deal?

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Well, that sort of thing happens. You can grow up admiring someone, thinking they can do no wrong, and then you find out something about them that makes you realize they're not perfect.

As for the deaths of the fan-favorites, it's one way to show the consequences of war. Doesn't mean we have to like it. XP

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
But I don't get what the use was. Why did she go and make an entire book showing how imperfect Dumbledore was? There is so much more she could have done...

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
The Dumbledore thing was :confused: but shows why he sometimes took such risks with Harry.

Snape doing all his back n forth stuff. I was suprised that Harry and Ginny called one of the kids Albus Severus (well the severus part anyhow)

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Completely off guard how harry just came up to start respecting Severus Snape. I mean... I like the Good Snape!Fics (>_> heyI like... Snarry... and LVxHP I'm weird..) But... come on in canon Harry couldn't have just done a complete 180 even WITH those memories. A lot of fanficcers must be happy. Snape in love with Lily, Harry Horcrux, R.A.B, Snape collaborating with Dumbledore on the death...

@_@