Gokusen

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Gokusen

Hey everyone. Not sure if anyone's seen this anime series (or it's live action versions), but I'm enjoying it. I'm watching the anime of it. I haven't read its manga. I would like to, though, since I have the feeling that the anime is going to be another situation where it ends too early.

So, has anyone else watched or enjoyed this series? I'm loving it so far.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
So...no one else has ever seen this series, or the anime, or read its manga, or watched its live-action series?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I have the anime series downloaded, but I haven't watched it yet. ^^;~ It looks funny though.

And I know there are some people on this forum that's seen it. :b Just too lazy to post.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
GOKUSEN~ I used to follow the manga. But I haven't seen the group update so I had stopped...

I loved the drama~ More especially 2 since it has Jin and Kame... <33333

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I've watched the anime and am watching the first live-action series now. I just recently downloaded its manga too...since it doesn't have a US release, surprisingly. I'm curious what the differences are between all three of these mediums. I really like the drama so far. Some of the guys in the class are cuties. lol

I also didn't know that the guy who played Shin in the drama, is a member of the group Arashi. I've been listening to Arashi for a good while now.

That aside, I'm curious of the dramas after the first one (since that's all I have and am nearly finished with it). What are the other dramas like, not counting that special where 3-D graduates. Who's in the second series, aside from Yankumi? Any returning characters?
digiboy123;13240 said:
I have the anime series downloaded, but I haven't watched it yet. ^^;~ It looks funny though.
Watch watch watch! I need someone else to talk about it with. lol

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Completely new characters except somewhat of a cameo of a guy in the first series I think. It implies that this guy who plays somewhat of a good plot chara is an older pupil that she's taught... or maybe it's because he may be a part of her grandfather's...

... must... re..watch.

`Jon

leet idle monkey
Mmm. I've seen the drama.

I loved Season One. First JDrama I ever watched. That's when I wandered into Matsumoto Jun fandom~ *pats HYD and KwP*

Haven't seen season two.Got it downloaded and stuffs, but the lack of Jun puts me off it. :<

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
YAH That's the guy's name. I just labeled him as "oh and the other guy from HYD" >_>;;;

<_< I liked G2 cause of Akame~ KAT-TUN members~ And and and TEPPEI.

`Jon

leet idle monkey
Omgz KAT-TUN!

And "the other guy from HYD"? D: He was the lead dood. D: Hanazawa Rui sux. D: So glad that Domyouji got Makino. ^_^

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Well I mean... >_> I liked him sure. It's just I've seen Oguri Shun far more times than I've seen Matsumoto Jun (ok yah like one more..)...

AND KAMENASHI KAZUYA. <3 I LOVED HIM IN GOKUSEN 2 XD

`Jon

leet idle monkey
I can send to/upload for you lots of Matsumoto Jun dramas. :D And movies. :D THEN YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR FORGETTING HIS NAME! >O

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
xD I'm trying to get Gokusen off the SARS bots... XD Just on number 6~ >_>

Anyways, of the yakuza characters in Gokusen, which ones did you guys like?

`Jon

leet idle monkey
Don't forget to get Kimi wa Petto!

Omgz. I can't remember their names. D: I must rewatch Gokusen. D: *phails*

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I'm curious but I can't remember from the scans... were they implying a... certain degree of trying to push Shin and Yankumi together?

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I liked Tetsu. He was such an adorable character. lol

Oh, my fav character drama wise was Minami...but I blame the actor for that. I just found him really really cute. Nice "eye candy" for me. lol Jun was pretty cute too, I hate to admit. All I knew about him, though, was that he was a member of Arashi, and I listen to music by Arashi.

Oh, what scans are you referring to? I really like Shin x Yankumi...okay, I like it one-sided (isn't that canon lol) and I like the small things that implies that Shin liked her. So so so cute!! I can't wait to get to the manga of it. I'm curious if it's more obvious in there that he does....aside from what I heard happens towards the end of it.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I haven't read much of the scanslations. About to volume 6?... Shin had been practically battling it out against the lawyer-crush-person that Yankumi liked in some festival.

... I must get them now.

Tetsu is funny~ I'm starting to think the whole Gokusen 2 was recurring of what happened in the first season. Or maybe I'm just confusing both seasons... Kuma is cool but Tetsu is definitely my favorite within the yakuza family.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Ooo, now I know I must read. I think I'm a closet romantic. lol

That aside, the manga was 15 volumes long. It finished in Japan earlier this year. I'm surprised the manga hasn't gotten licensed to be released over here yet, since its anime has.

I still haven't seen Gokusen 2 yet. Just the first series and its special. Too bad it was Kuma that comes back as opposed to Shin. :p

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Yah I'm a big Shin x Yankumi fan and I hope to see it in English... or I shall soon find scans and just watch the pretty pictures hoping i understand.

Wow I think the last time I was following Gokusen, the manga in Japan was at 12 volumes.. It might be because they think the art of the manga isn't "flashy" or "nice" as it is compared to stuff from yaoi... (cause most of it IS pretty art) or other shoujo manga... Or even stuff such as Naruto... I know people are put off by BECK:Mongolian Chop Squad or by Adachi Mitsuru's works because the art is more "plain"

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I'm taking a trip to Florida. I think I'll read scanlations of the manga on the way down there. ^_^