Frozen Twins

Gizmon... Digimon or no

Alright, I'm at it again... so here we go

Betamon X: Ohhh, ohhh, ohhhh,
ohhh, ohh ohhhhh
Here we go
ohhh, ohh, ohhh

Gomamon: Hey, what's up superstar.

(Shuts off music) and that's enough of that. Alright, here's the question... is Gizmon a real digimon or no. I would suggest that people not just put up a vote immediatly, but wait and see what people have to say.

All right, here's my evidence

Digimon are made up of three parts. Their wire framing (The bones of a digimon) their actual data (the skin and muscles of a digimon) and the core. (The heart and brain of the digimon). Kurata specifically says, he created the Gizmon by removing the core of digimon. Because the Gizmon don't have this vital part of of a digimon they don't have cores.

On the flip side of that, it's argurable that their are some Guardramon without cores, as they need to be piloted by another digimon. Which would bring up the fact that if Gizmon arn't digimon, then neither would those Guardramon and all other "piloted" digimon.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I think that they are Digimon. If they weren't, then, as you said, Guardramon and Mekanorimon be Digimon wouldn't either. Obviously they (or at the least, Guardramon) can function on their own as seen in Digimon Tamers.

Also, you can't ignore the fact that when destroyed, they turn into DigiTama as well as when when any other real Digimon was destroyed.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
It is a digimon, I believe it said that it was a digimon that was mutated and had its heart removed. Chimeramon was a digimon, but nobody questioned him.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Of course Gizmon are Digimon. They're just not Digimon that think for themselves.

And while you're talking about it, their names are Guardromon.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Yes they are Digimon just as much as the BioHybrids - i think they are artificial Digimon (well we know they are for how the feed off the Artificial Digisoul)

Frozen Twins

So a digimon without a heart or Brain is a Digimon... a human without a heart or brain and still lives is a human?

TuxRug

Retired
Frozen Twins;14558 said:
So a digimon without a heart or Brain is a Digimon... a human without a heart or brain and still lives is a human?

Physically yes. Spiritually no.

Blaze Dragon

Blazing with energy!
They are Digimon:
1) They turn into DigiTamas.
2) They evolve through Digi Soul [Artificial, but whatever]
3) If we say that they aren't Digimon, then Mekanorimon, some Guardromon and Chimeramon aren't Digimon either, and Guardro and Chimera SURE are Digimon. Especially Chimeramon. He defines the "mon" part :p

Frozen Twins

Well, you also have to think, Guardramon and Chimeramon still had Digi cores. So while everybody does say they are Digimon... according to what you guys say, they seem to be more of another "Race" instead.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Frozen Twins said:
a human without a heart or brain and still lives is a human?
Sure. Our flesh and bone is really what makes us humanoid, the heart and brain is just what keeps us running.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Well, they are artificial Digimon. I'd say no they aren't, but if Porygon, a man-made Pokemon can be considered a real Pokemon, then I suppose Gizmon can be considered a real Digimon.

Woohoo. Flawed reasoning.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Frozen Twins;14573 said:
Well, you also have to think, Guardramon and Chimeramon still had Digi cores.

Ehe, the Gizmon still have DigiCores. With heart we don´t literally mean heart like the Digicore would be. We meant that they have no feelings. If they had no Digicore, they wouldn´t be reborn but just dissolve into Scrap Data.

-They Turn into Digitamas when killed, just like Digimon.
-They were created from captured Digimon
-They have the abilities of Digimon
-They evolve via ( artifical ) DigiSoul.
-Why the heck would Kurata call them Gizmon else?

I also think that the Anaylzer referred to them as Digimon.

So yes, they are Digimon. Artifically , man created Digimon but Digimon.
Also notice that there are also other man-made Digimon in the DW. And by Tamers Continuity, all of them are.

Frozen Twins

You've got a point... however, Kurata specifically says he's taken the Digi-core out of the Gizmon...which flaws you're theory, but it's the best one I've heard for them so far. (Mainly because it put all of them together).

Anyways... here's an interesting thought, Going back to this...
pawitp;14642 said:
My reasoning is simple:
Gizmon is digital
Gizmon is a monster

Figure the rest
Porygon is Digital
Porygon is a monster
Figure the rest... ? Just something to think on

Frozen Twins

Yeah, he says he's taken the core out of Digimon to create the Gizmon... so calling Gizmon digimon is like calling an Animated Corpse a human being.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
He never said that he took their core out, just that he modified them... you may be reading into things with previous knowledge that might not even pertain to this series.

Frozen Twins

I was pretty sure he said that he'd taken the core out... I guess their's only one way to find out... Go back and rewatch that episode. So if you have, please get the exact quote, and state the fact that you just watched it, otherwise we're all just doing guesswork.

However, I noted that fact in my brain that it was when I watched it, so I trust my judgement more then yours, but the only real way to tell will be by getting the quote.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Um, I translated the entire series, so I have a pretty good memory of what he said. Whatever you watched is what I translated from the Japanese, so I win this argument by default.

Episode 25, at 05:35, when Kurata is explaining why the Gizmon have no hearts:
「捕獲したデジモンを改造して新たなデジモンを作ったのですよ」
"hokaku shita dejimon wo kaizou shite aratana dejimon wo tsukutta no desu yo."
"I modified the Digimon that I'd captured and made new Digimon."

Nothing about the core.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Dude, pwn. I'd place my bet on the translator getting it "right" more than I would on someone else.