Flash Cart

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Flash Cart

Anyone know where I can actually buy a DS Flash Cart?

I've seen plenty of sites that offer them, but they all say out of stock =_=

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
:-O Thanks.

...holy shit are there a lot listed. >_>

Any suggestions of which one to get guys?

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
The reason why you probably can't find R4 is probably because they're coming out with the 3rd generation on March 10 (although I don't know the improvements from this and the 2nd generation from the surface description). Saying that, you can keep your eye on it if you want.

Don't forget a micro SD.~

M3's probably on there somewhere too. It's more expensive but the Slot-2 one does GBA stuff too.

Kaeri

Title for Rent
I'd personally recommend the R3 DS Simply; a great cart, fast updates for games and I've never had any issues updating or getting things to work on it. *Plus, I love the skins that you can add to it as well, I made a custom one for myself awhile back* If you need places to buy them, let me know, I can dig up a list of good ones I'd recommend.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Akai Shuichi;31921 said:
Various people I know all have got the M3 so I'd say go with that one.
Hmm, the reviews seem to be relatively positive... thanks for the suggestion ^^

Problem seems to be that the shipping is absurd. >_> They're talking in the comments about like 6 weeks shipping...

There a better place to buy it? >_>
Splash;32062 said:
The reason why you probably can't find R4 is probably because they're coming out with the 3rd generation on March 10 (although I don't know the improvements from this and the 2nd generation from the surface description). Saying that, you can keep your eye on it if you want.

Don't forget a micro SD.~

M3's probably on there somewhere too. It's more expensive but the Slot-2 one does GBA stuff too.
@_@ One thing I know about researching the R4 is that it's fucking expensive, and I'd bet that the 3rd gen is going to be even worse. Don't know if I really can afford something.

GBA stuff would be fun :-O
Kaeri;32064 said:
I'd personally recommend the R3 DS Simply; a great cart, fast updates for games and I've never had any issues updating or getting things to work on it. *Plus, I love the skins that you can add to it as well, I made a custom one for myself awhile back* If you need places to buy them, let me know, I can dig up a list of good ones I'd recommend.
Do you mean the R4? >_> *can't find an R3*

But yeah, a list of places to get it would be awesome :]

GSR

That one guy
Spoiler alert: M3=R4. Literally. The only difference is the name, the patches, and the fact the firmware can't be interchanged.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Pazuzu went on about an M3 for slot-2 that did both DS and GBA stuff so I was assuming there actually was one like that, but personally the only M3 I see IS just like R4. Except expensive. I got my R4 for $35.

Kaeri

Title for Rent
Yeah I'm sorry, I should have mentioned the fact that the R4 and M3 Simply are made by the same company and are "pretty much" the same thing, besides what was mentioned above.

I had issues with the first R4 that was sent to me (due to inept operation by myself, I thought it was broken) so honestly, either is a fine choice for a flashcart.

hwarangoo

Journalists
dunno if this helps but I have a DSTT. Im playing some Jap games on it. and the US Starforce because it like never came out. But then it came out And I already played the us version. But i might buy the real game so i support ryuusei

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
So I finally decided - I got an EDGE.

Got it about a week ago, JUST downloaded the OS and stuff.

IT WORKS \o/

I played about 10 seconds of RnR2 XD;

So, any suggestions of what games I should grab? I just got River King Mystic Valley, but I dunno what else to grab :3

hwarangoo

Journalists
So you got the edge. I saw its a fairly new one so its just a gamble like with the DSTT but the edge seems to be pretty good.
To know what you want you might need to tell me what your interested in. I tried the jap. Time hollow and it was fun but pretty hard because the story was so important. and the us version will come out so now im waiting for that. What ou should do is put on the homebrew moonshell and make a forum account at www.gbatmw.net otherwise you cant see their dpg movie subforum. When you get there you can always find a few series you like and there uploaded really quick and they dont get taken down fast. only the bad thing is old stuff might need to be reupped. Oh and if you make an account there you might see a lecros posting occasionally that would be me ofcourse but you dont need to post. if you dont want too.

agunimon45

Boy 412;48112 said:
So I finally decided - I got an EDGE.

Got it about a week ago, JUST downloaded the OS and stuff.

IT WORKS \o/

I played about 10 seconds of RnR2 XD;

So, any suggestions of what games I should grab? I just got River King Mystic Valley, but I dunno what else to grab :3

i would say Dragon Quest Monster-Joker

its fun