E3 '08

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
E3 '08

So the press conference for Microsoft just ended... and some surprises came out o_o

There was the normal Gears of War 2... Fable 2... and other things that people knew about... but then...

Microsoft put out that they were going to completely revamp the 360 dashboard and add "avatars" to users profiles. To me, this looks completely stupid... though who knows, it might work out better.

Another surprise was that Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIII will be available for 360... probably a major loss for Sony.

But anyway, Nintendo and Sony are up tomorrow... so we can see what they have to say ;o

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Scar;62520 said:
Another surprise was that Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIII will be available for 360... probably a major loose for Sony.

I heard about this a few minutes ago actually.
All I can say is.... HAHAHAHAHAHA. The Sony fanboys will cry themselves to sleep. Now if they'd just find a way to put Metal Gear Solid 4 on the 360 I know about three people who would sell their PS3.

Not that I give two flying farts about either the PS3 or Final Fantasy anymore, but I find this hilarious either way. Epic lulz all around.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I like the avatar concept, personally, but just because I love things like that.

Other than that, not much interested me, but I liked the graphics for Fable II. I'm looking forward to Nintendo's.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Sony just got their arses bitten and rightly so - i chose Wii over PS3 (hated PS1)

Kaeri

Title for Rent
*still isn't a fan of the PS3 either way*

But yeah, I think companies are finally realizing that the Wii and 360 just outrank the PS3 in terms of sales, concepts and gameplay...'

...but, that's just my thoughts. ;)

Tcatomon

Kaeri;62531 said:
But yeah, I think companies are finally realizing that the Wii and 360 just outrank the PS3 in terms of sales, concepts and gameplay...'
Finally? *laughs* I think they've known that for a good long time, hence why there's never been an overly noteworthy Ps3 exclusive. Even judging by sales alone the Wii60 combo is outranking the Ps3 by millions. Metal Gear Solid 4 spiked Ps3 sales to an all time high which promptly dropped again a week later. Sony just got too big for their britches IMHO. They and their fanbase treat their system like gold just because it's a Bluray player, which is still far on the horizon of out dating normal DVDs. (heck, didn't they JUST stop making VHS like a year ago?). To the rather large underpaid and underfed majority upgrading our analogue TVs to highdef is low on the list anyway, so it hardly makes much of a visual difference.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
The 360 sucks, imo. The PS3 wins any day~

but I don't really care if FF goes to the 360, cause I don't care for the series. :x

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
I do not like the 360 either and the Wii and PS3 surpass it in my standards of gameplay, etc. I never played FF in my life, so I don't care what system(s) the game goes onto.

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Meh... I prefer 360... but I also like the Wii.
The PS3 is badly overpriced, even when discounted, and the only half decent feature it has is blueray, which noone will use for another 2 years unless the user is a multi billionare

digiboy123

*goes off-topic for a sec*

Blu-Ray movies don't cost that much more than regular movies do. The quality is amazing at LEAST and far superior over DVDs. Heck, 50GB disks will be coming out soon if they already aren't, so that means you could store 50GB worth of stuff on one disk if you happen to buy a Blu-Ray writer for your computer. They just pushed Blu-Ray to 16 layers, so you know what that means? 400GB!

And if you've never watched a Blu-Ray on a true HD television, you're totally missing out.

Tcatomon

That's the thing though that keeps alot (at least me) of people away from BluRay. You need a player (which lets face it BluRay players today wont match BluRay players three years from now), a new DVD drive and a new TV. That kind of stuff doesn't come cheap. :/ I don't argue HD and BluRay is better quality than VHS and normal DVD, but ... I grew up on bunny ears on my TV and VHS.. we used to watch shows and hope that it was a christmas special for all the 'snow' on it. lol.

Slightly back on topic... Woo! New trailers for Halo Wars! =D

GSR

That one guy
Nintendo conference going on right now. Only good thing I've seen thus far is Grand Theft Auto DS.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
GSR;62626 said:
Nintendo conference going on right now. Only good thing I've seen thus far is Grand Theft Auto DS.

You've got to be joking... this has to be like the first M game for the DS? oO

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
The only good thing about the Nintendo Conference was Animal Crossing: City Folk

And maybe that Wii Sports 2 thing. What was it called again?

digiboy123

Ratchet Quest for Booty looks <3

Can't wait for that to come out~ Looking forward to God of War 3 and RE5 also.

Yuumei

Spinzaku
Voltex;62698 said:
No color wii's = sad Cael :(
DAMNIT. I forgot about that!

My brother refuses to buy a Wii until it's released in black... It looks like I'll be the one buying the Wii since I can't wait forever. -_-;;