DVR Digimon Research page

jadenik

Role;19751 said:
...Okay...

So then, this grouped all together as if it were all one digital world, I'm guessing? Despite the fact that its 5+ digital worlds that have their histories/lore referenced in it?

Well actually they referencing the card game than the actual series,for example, the royal knights were created savers and X-evolution, they staryed out as a card group and it does mention in the card game that imperialdramon PM founded the RK,and it mentions that in the research page. Another section in the research page is on the seven demon lords, the demon lords were mention in savers but they were created a time before that. Same goes for the olympus twelve who mentioned in savers but were created before savers. Plus, file island existed before adventure, I think it first appeared in digimon world 1, the places of FI mentioned are actually the places of the digimon world version of file island, some places of digimon world file island are mentioned in the digimon profiles. And the concept of tamers has existed the days of the v-pets.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Whoa, wait... they hold the card game as a canon source? Trading Card Games based on an anime/video game should NEVER be counted as canon... Pokemon is proof of this, claiming Tail Whip deals damage.

Did the first Digimon World game exist before Adventure? I thought it was made afterwards...

Didn't the V-Pet and V-Tamer Manga come first? I really need to know where to get the lore for this stuff.

But yeah... I like how the Card Game groups things, but I don't hold it exactly canon.

The basic things that I believe in for the series are these:

--Digimon have an endless cycle of birth/life/death/reformatting(reincarnation).
--Even if a digimon absorbs the data from another, when that digimon dies, the absorbed data is released and the absorbed digimon's reformatting begins.
--If left to a natural cycle without interference from others, the cycle will NEVER end.
--When Reformatting happens, the digimon isn't always the same afterwards. Different things could be changed about it, such as personality, loss of memory, a redistribution of power, etc... Typically, however, it will reformat into the same family.
--There are 10 elements in the digital world. Most digimon are strong to one, and weak to another. Some even have attacks of differing types. Typically, though, different types usually have the same element attack type. Example: Dragons with fire, Insects with Lightning, Angels with Light, etc... THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS, however.
--Split evolution exists. Examples are Agumon with the Greymon and GeoGreymon paths, and Plotmon with the Tailmon and BlackTailmon paths. Most digimon families have split paths originating from the BabyII (in-training) form or higher.
--Though rare, it IS possible for a digimon to evolve from one stage to a different digimon of the same stage. In such cases, it is shifting to a different evolutionary path. This is called Slide Evolution. An example is a Greymon slide evolving to a GeoGreymon. It's simply changing the path and attack types. However, no real change in power occurs. It may have gone through an evolutionary change, but it's still the same evolutionary level.
--Good and Evil is NOT determined by digimon race, element, or whatever. It is determined by the individual. There ARE such things and evil Angemon and good Devimon. However, due to stereotyping, most people assume Angemon are inherently good, and Devimon are inherently evil.
--Typically, evolution is a slow process, but if CAN be sped up by a destined child ('digidestined'). The mark of a destined child is their Digivice.

Those things seem to be static more or less.

However, there are also Dynamic functions.

--The God/Admin of the Digital World, Yggdrasil
--The existence of various groups (this means that in some digital worlds, some exist, in others, others exist)
--Human/Digimon hybrid possibility (such as in Tamers and Frontier)
--Existence of worlds OTHER than the Digital and Human worlds.
--Stability of the Digital World due to Super-Ultimates***

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

***Note: Unless another canon confirms the instability thing, I'll have this listed under dynamic, since we don't know enough about them.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yes, I don´t think that this counts for all the Worlds. Official references to the DW are usually always more about a specific DW, even if all Worlds have the same Origins.

Role;19783 said:
Whoa, wait... they hold the card game as a canon source? Trading Card Games based on an anime/video game should NEVER be counted as canon... Pokemon is proof of this, claiming Tail Whip deals damage..

Doesn´t the Anime Series claim that aswell ? I mean in case someone other than Psyducks does it....

Role;19783 said:
Did the first Digimon World game exist before Adventure? I thought it was made afterwards....

No, it was made before. It was however released in Countries Outside Japan after the Adventure Dub. A Common misconcept. To this day this is still once of the most common misconceptions about Digimon ( alongside that )

Role;19783 said:
Didn't the V-Pet and V-Tamer Manga come first? I really need to know where to get the lore for this stuff..

Yes, they came first.

Role;19783 said:
But yeah... I like how the Card Game groups things, but I don't hold it exactly canon..

It´s terrible as a Power Source, but otherwise quite reliable.

Role;19783 said:
--Good and Evil is NOT determined by digimon race, element, or whatever. It is determined by the individual. There ARE such things and evil Angemon and good Devimon. However, due to stereotyping, most people assume Angemon are inherently good, and Devimon are inherently evil.

Bad example. An evil Angemon will automatically turn into a Devimon.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Uh, no. An evil Angemon is STILL an Angemon. Maybe the LORE of the digital world says otherwise, but the fact is that it's on the Patamon line, not the PicoDevimon line. They're two completely different evolutionary families. So though the lore states one thing, evolutionary paths state another. After all, we used to think that the world was flat. I have seen no canon example of an Angemon Slide Evolving into a Devimon. Until I am shown otherwise, my statement stands.

jadenik

Role;19783 said:
Whoa, wait... they hold the card game as a canon source? Trading Card Games based on an anime/video game should NEVER be counted as canon... Pokemon is proof of this, claiming Tail Whip deals damage.

Did the first Digimon World game exist before Adventure? I thought it was made afterwards...

Didn't the V-Pet and V-Tamer Manga come first? I really need to know where to get the lore for this stuff.

But yeah... I like how the Card Game groups things, but I don't hold it exactly canon.

The basic things that I believe in for the series are these:

--Digimon have an endless cycle of birth/life/death/reformatting(reincarnation).
--Even if a digimon absorbs the data from another, when that digimon dies, the absorbed data is released and the absorbed digimon's reformatting begins.
--If left to a natural cycle without interference from others, the cycle will NEVER end.
--When Reformatting happens, the digimon isn't always the same afterwards. Different things could be changed about it, such as personality, loss of memory, a redistribution of power, etc... Typically, however, it will reformat into the same family.
--There are 10 elements in the digital world. Most digimon are strong to one, and weak to another. Some even have attacks of differing types. Typically, though, different types usually have the same element attack type. Example: Dragons with fire, Insects with Lightning, Angels with Light, etc... THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS, however.
--Split evolution exists. Examples are Agumon with the Greymon and GeoGreymon paths, and Plotmon with the Tailmon and BlackTailmon paths. Most digimon families have split paths originating from the BabyII (in-training) form or higher.
--Though rare, it IS possible for a digimon to evolve from one stage to a different digimon of the same stage. In such cases, it is shifting to a different evolutionary path. This is called Slide Evolution. An example is a Greymon slide evolving to a GeoGreymon. It's simply changing the path and attack types. However, no real change in power occurs. It may have gone through an evolutionary change, but it's still the same evolutionary level.
--Typically, evolution is a slow process, but if CAN be sped up by a destined child ('digidestined'). The mark of a destined child is their Digivice.

Those things seem to be static more or less.

However, there are also Dynamic functions.

--The God/Admin of the Digital World, Yggdrasil
--The existence of various groups (this means that in some digital worlds, some exist, in others, others exist)
--Human/Digimon hybrid possibility (such as in Tamers and Frontier)
--Existence of worlds OTHER than the Digital and Human worlds.
--Stability of the Digital World due to Super-Ultimates***

There are others, but I can't think of them at the moment.

***Note: Unless another canon confirms the instability thing, I'll have this listed under dynamic, since we don't know enough about them.

The cards hold cannon info on the descrprtionsbut not the attack power, the card groups are canon and digimon world was releashed before the anime, and v-tmaer came before the anime also, and the v-pets were first. Angemon didi not slide evolve into devimon and he fell and CHANGED into devimon. There is a difference between falling and turning into something slide evolution. There is no such thing as an evil angemon, if an angemon becomes evil, he falls and becomes a devimon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Role;19809 said:
Uh, no. An evil Angemon is STILL an Angemon. Maybe the LORE of the digital world says otherwise, but the fact is that it's on the Patamon line, not the PicoDevimon line. They're two completely different evolutionary families. So though the lore states one thing, evolutionary paths state another. After all, we used to think that the world was flat. I have seen no canon example of an Angemon Slide Evolving into a Devimon. Until I am shown otherwise, my statement stands.

And that is where you fail. You talks about evolutionary Families, probably assuming that a Digimon can only have one lower Previous Evolution. Devimon and Angemon were not Evos of PicoDevimon and Patamon to begin with. Devimon is however one of Patamon´s possible Evos.

And by canon of the Digimon World, an evil Angel will become something else. Some don´t change too muhc, like Cherubimon, but others will change, like Seraphimon becomind Demon or Ophanimon becoming Lilithmon. Most current example is probably HolyAngemon in Next, who became Murmuxmon.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ophanimon becoming Lillithmon I can understand, since they're of the same family. They both come from Plotmon. Same with Magnadramon. They could become that, too.

However, the biggest thing here is that you keep trying to be condescending. You know, this could have been stopped had you mentioned the incident in Next. The problem is, I CAN'T FIND IT. So I have nothing to go by. So next time, instead of trying to smear my name into the mud, just tell me right off the bat!

These things just don't make sense to me when I have nothing to go off of to provide proof that it can happen.

So, what happens when a Devimon becomes good? Do they stay a devimon? What?

celestial_sacred

Sincerely, I think you're making things complicated, Role.. >_>

In the Digimon franchise, CARDS (I mean original Japanese cards) are as important as the ANIME and the MANGA, and the GAMES, etc etc. DVR is a reliable source of information as it has its evidences.

A Devimon that becomes good will not stay a Devimon. Hardly doubt a Devimon will become good naturally though.

Do you know that Digimon evolve depending on their surroundings, environment, etc? They don't necessarily follow an evolution line that you see in the anime, or the games. There are many factors that cause a Digimon to evolve to another Digimon. So, it's never a sure-thing that a Digimon will evolve the way you think it will.

You can find V-Tamer and Next here. http://www.digistarlight.net/

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
A Devimon might do something good however if it is ordered by his Master. They are said to be quite loyal.

Smearing your name into the dirt, Role ? I was just explaining things to you. And no, a Digimon does not have to belog to the same Family as it´s other forms.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
MugenSeiRyuu;19906 said:
A Devimon might do something good however if it is ordered by his Master. They are said to be quite loyal.

Smearing your name into the dirt, Role ? I was just explaining things to you. And no, a Digimon does not have to belog to the same Family as it´s other forms.

Yeah, but you did so while sounding like a jerk. I know you meant well, but it came across as real mean. You still kinda are.

Also, what if a Devimon is acting on its own accord and becomes good? Is it possible for itself to change into an Angemon like an Angemon going evil would change into a Devimon? For me, unless it could work both ways, I have problems accepting it. Especially if it's just one-way to evil. If such is the case, then evil would continuously gain power, and destroy the balance of digital world. The rules that I go by can be amended, after all, and have in the past as I have found out more information.

Oh, and if someone could tell me where I might be able to find ALL of Digimon Next, I'd LOVE to read it. It's one of the few digimon things I have yet to check out. Though I thank you for the link to that one chapter or whatever it is, I'd rather not read it until I get the rest of the series before it. I don't really like jumping into things in the middle.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
my site Digital Starlight has the scanalated versions of 1-17 up, 18+ are being worked on.

25 chapters in all with this month being the last chapter. (all raws are out)

http://digistarlight.net/?id=diginext/scans

If you find any links don't work i shall be starting to reupload this weekend.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Thankyou. It's hard to find Digimon Manga. Most people either jeer at you for liking digimon, or tell me to go to the store and get it. Problem is, you can only find anime adaptions in stores... At least, that's all you can find here in the US.

Edit: By the way, the files in sendspace aren't there anymore.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Read Vande´s post.

Role;20077 said:
Yeah, but you did so while sounding like a jerk. I know you meant well, but it came across as real mean. You still kinda are..

I sound like a Jerk ?
You sound like one who stinks that she knows best and won´t listen to others until they slam it into her face.

Role;20077 said:
Also, what if a Devimon is acting on its own accord and becomes good? Is it possible for itself to change into an Angemon like an Angemon going evil would change into a Devimon? For me, unless it could work both ways, I have problems accepting it. Especially if it's just one-way to evil. If such is the case, then evil would continuously gain power, and destroy the balance of digital world. The rules that I go by can be amended, after all, and have in the past as I have found out more information..

In some World´s there seems to be a System that sops bad Guys from being reborn. Has to do with a certain Digimon , based on an Egyption God of Death.
But I don´t think that Good to Evil is a one way ticket. Murmuxmon later becomes HolyAngemon aswell.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Role;20081 said:
Edit: By the way, the files in sendspace aren't there anymore.

If you find any links don't work i shall be starting to reupload this weekend. - but Sendspace will not be on the list of uploading places as they are going up on sharebee to be distroed on other upload places.

No more arguing thanks people.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah, I see.

Well, personally, I think that what is canon with Digimon depends on what series. For example, Humans turning into digimon are only canon in Frontier and Tamers (to a lesser extent with tamers, though). So, I guess it's largely just up to digression.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
It´s also canon with Savers. Thanks to the Power of Science Gothic Lolitas, Japanese Punks and Russian Soldiers can now turn into Digimon ! Each coming in two Flavours ! Armor and Ultimate !

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Meh, I guess that's true, but there it wasn't the 'norm' of the world. In Frontier, it was always the norm, and Tamers was the norm for becoming Ultimate Level. In savers, though, it's just as you said. They had to pretty much change how the were--turn them into human/digimon hybrids, but it was more-or-less mutually agreed as abnormal.

kaizer

Kaizer kun
This is really interesting thankyou is this using info from across all seasons? I loved the X digimon movie the 3d animation was cool