Does Subaru voice sounds like a girl?

Rendan

Missed <3
Most of the boys in the Rockman.EXE and Ryuusei no Rockman anime are played by girls. Netto and Rockman.EXE were both voice-acted by girls as well as Subaru.

Subaru has his moments when he does sound like a girl, but most of the time it is hard to tell. I'm sure if I've spoken to Japanese boys his age I would notice it the same way that you can tell Geo (from the Starforce dub) isn't played by a 11-year-old male.

~ToadMan~

StelarSX

Jack In!
ToadMan.EXE;37149 said:
Subaru has his moments when he does sound like a girl, but most of the time it is hard to tell. I'm sure if I've spoken to Japanese boys his age I would notice it the same way that you can tell Geo (from the Starforce dub) isn't played by a 11-year-old male.

~ToadMan~

10 year old male is more accurate.

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
More like it's because there's hints. For example they're in elementary school, around the 5th grade, so around 10 or 11 years old.
Subaru does sound like a girl sometimes, but that might be either because of his voice actor, or because they have to try to make him sound like a normal 10 year old boy.
(Tsukasa on the other hand, is a different story. But let's not get off topic.)

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
I don't think he sounds like a girl...but of course, I'm used to hearing his voice actress in another anime where she also plays a guy, but he sounds like a girl (And has several feminine features), so I'm guessing it's intentional, but that's probably why he sounds like a guy no matter what for me XD

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
Most animes have younger boys played by grown woman/girls...why? Because Boys at the age arent mature enough to sit in a studio for hours recording lines. And grown woman sound very similar to younger boys.

Dengar

It's very normal for women to play boy's roles. It sounds a lot more natural than a guy to play a boy's role. I mean seriously, English subaru sounds like he's had hormones force-fed to him.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
I agree, but common sense wise, there is no kid who will be mature enough to sit there for hours and record different lines, that is why they use grown woman who sound much alike young boys for voice acting.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
AoBfrost said:
there is no kid who will be mature enough to sit there for hours and record different lines
Nickelodeon's Hey, Arnold! hired pre-teens to voice the main characters, I believe.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
PrimoPiccolo;41855 said:
Nickelodeon's Hey, Arnold! hired pre-teens to voice the main characters, I believe.

Yeah, well, for the boys at least.

Trivial

Well, the vouce of Fuyura is somewhat easy to be detected
Since her child-voice has some special point

But, for another seiyuu, like Itou Kentarou (War-Rock), Kana Ueda (Shirogane Luna), and Hoshikawa Akane (Kimura Akiko), it's kinda hard to guess
I also didn't catch that Rockman.EXE's seiyuu is Subaru's mom in Ryuusei

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
I think the ability to act and release emotion couldnt be done as easy in a child also, so they use an adult who is trained.

Dengar

Apart from that, you do realise that child labor is somewhat of an issue right?

Not as much, but people tend to avoid it if they can.