Disney to Produce Animation in Japan

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Scipio said:
In general, yes. DVD sales are down worldwide, foreign licenses aren't coming as quickly as they used to, production costs are rising...
Well, I guess that was bound to happen eventually. I might not know what I'm talking about here, but the fact that anime started freakin dominating all forms of animation throughout the globe, going back to "normal" would seem like a failure at this point. Most of what Japan's pumped out in the last five years was probably just to nurture the ravenous licensing of America alone.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;34290 said:
Do you also think about the TV ratings decreasing ?
But the Question is: Will Disney be a gift or a curse?

I don't see what harm could really be done. The worst that could happen is that Disney's new shows fail and get cancelled, then we're just back where we started. If they suceed, then they might make more shows like that. I really can't see them flooding the market with their own anime, so the worst that should theoreticly happen if things work out is that their shows will be annoying ;p

In general, yes. DVD sales are down worldwide, foreign licenses aren't coming as quickly as they used to, production costs are rising...

Read on one of the ANN articles recently that users should start to see the results of the failing market as early as 2009, with the number of shows on the air decreasing.
This should be your cue to buy some DVDs, everyone ;)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I dunno, I think the DVD Sales are more because a lot people download stuff from the Internet instead of buying DVDs.

Hagaren Gao;34316 said:
I don't see what harm could really be done. The worst that could happen is that Disney's new shows fail and get cancelled, then we're just back where we started. If they suceed, then they might make more shows like that. I really can't see them flooding the market with their own anime, so the worst that should theoreticly happen if things work out is that their shows will be annoying ;p

As long as they don't tamper with Digimon, I would be okay with that.

Danny2299

Oh!! Hopefully they make a Kingdom Hearts Anime :p I want to see that! I'm reading the manga =], It's awesome! XD