Digimon Savers Season 2 (Wishes)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Toei Animation, who workd together with Band creating Digimon Anime.
You however would need the japanese branch to let it know, because the US one ( like Bandai's US Branch ) seems to be full of idiots.

Also: Don't double post.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
you claim to be a Digimon fan yet you do not know who Toei are.....oook

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
MugenSeiRyuu;40294 said:
Sarcasm ahead!
Yes, but they should leave out the rest from the start. Cause you know, you don't need stinking Digimon Partners or other Characters, just Goggleboy and Lonewolf. Digimon have the same personality as their Partners anyways, unless in the 90 more percent of the cases where they don't.

(More sarcasm)

No, my dear, the whole don't need other characters would be Savers...since the whole thing was basically about Masaru and no one else...

The Dragon King

Ok i wont double post ok i know it now so lets see and mr digiadmin i am a bid fan of didimon I am watch and enjoy kinda person get it

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Kazemon15;40331 said:
(More sarcasm)

No, my dear, the whole don't need other characters would be Savers...since the whole thing was basically about Masaru and no one else...

Oh, atleast Savers did not make the rest of the Characters totally useless, when Goggleboy and Lone Wolf reached their highest forms. And the Girl/FairyDigimon was not only Fanservice.

And now: Return to Topic please ! This is about Savers Sequel, NOT Frontier Sequel.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
PrimoPiccolo;40285 said:
::strangles yo' ass::

Come on, there is so much left to touch on. More Demon Lords, more Royal Knights, more Olympus Twelve, actually backstory for Megumi and Miki...

That was what made Savers so great, it explored more of the Digimon fictional universe than any other season.

This is true, but I can't see it happening and NOT being exactly like 02. Our favorite characters are shoved off to the side (Ecxept for maybe Chika and Ikuto, since they are like TK and Kari), EXCEPT for Masaru, who is still stronger than any bad guy and any new characters that are introduced, but he lets the new leader who also loves to fight do all the work because he's such a nice guy. Then they gotta add some new evo to spice it up...I just don't see it ending well. And I see the girls getting the short end of the stick again.

Frontier still has the other 4 Spirits that went unused, and I always thought the fusion of spirits would be cool (Like say, Wind Beast and Thunder Human, Light Human and Darkness Beast), since that would give everyone more powerups without having the cheerleader problem.

Buuut, as Mugen said, this is the wrong topic for that. ;p

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Hey, stop it NOW on the Frontier topic. It's causing far too much trouble.

Anyways, I don't like 02's "addition" and the pushing aside of the older generation. So, my wish for a Savers Season 2 would be: just FOCUS ON THE ONES SHOWN ALREADY.

Edit: Why's everyone always saying 02 anyways... >_>

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I don't think I'd want another Savers... I mean, it was good and all, but the LAST time Digimon had a direct sequel I hated it. Adventure 02 is my least favorite season. Between Daisuke and the tactical disaster that is jogress evolution, I HATED IT.

I'm cool with a new season with a similar theme, but not a direct sequel.

King Dusk

so i herd u liek mudkipz?
Between Daisuke and the tactical disaster that is jogress evolution, I HATED IT.

Joggressing has been around far longer than 02.

Also, I'd like to say that I wouldn't mind a Savers sequel, but on the other hand, I'm more for exploring a new topic. I think Savers was a great season that brought alot to Digimon on both ends, Japanese and American, but I think that making a sequel might just make it drag on.

Regardless of what it is, I'm going to be watching the next season of Digimon.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
King Dusk;42352 said:
Joggressing has been around far longer than 02.

Also, I'd like to say that I wouldn't mind a Savers sequel, but on the other hand, I'm more for exploring a new topic. I think Savers was a great season that brought alot to Digimon on both ends, Japanese and American, but I think that making a sequel might just make it drag on.

Regardless of what it is, I'm going to be watching the next season of Digimon.

Yes, and as V-Tamer Taichi showed, it sucks. The dude jogressed THREE digimon together, and Taichi and Zero STILL kicked their ass. It wouldn't have been so if he had just evolved all three to Perfect or Ultimate level, rather than just jogress them together. Strategically, Three on One has better chances of victory than does One on One. Thus, the disaster that is Jogress Evolution, reducing your forces in half/third/etc just to advance one stage. It is a very inefficient tactic, and though something that I see is okay at first to use, you need to find a way to make it obsolete as fast as possible.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I don't think Neo was able to do it yet.

But Jogressing the sweet and awesome Tailmon with Aquilamon to create Silphymon? UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!

I was never very fond of Hawkmon to begin with, but that he jogresses with Tailmon for that thing, the fact that he is pretty useless in most Digimon Games and the mess up that is Valkyrimon. ( Heck, Valkyries are Warrior Woman, and not really slim ,not some slime guys who look like they need a sandwich. )

Hagaren Gao;40348 said:
This is true, but I can't see it happening and NOT being exactly like 02. Our favorite characters are shoved off to the side (Ecxept for maybe Chika and Ikuto, since they are like TK and Kari), EXCEPT for Masaru, who is still stronger than any bad guy and any new characters that are introduced, but he lets the new leader who also loves to fight do all the work because he's such a nice guy. Then they gotta add some new evo to spice it up...I just don't see it ending well. And I see the girls getting the short end of the stick again.

My Solution:
-Keep on with the old Characters
-New Additions are already introduced in the old Series. ( Nanami, Ivan, Kouki, Relena)
-Have Masaru missing in the Digital World for a while
-Take out Touma, he is overrated anyways. And we don't need any more Epsiodes showing us that the only family member who does not deserve to get hit by atruck was hit by a truck ( Okay, Grandma Norstein should be squished by a house, and yes, Relena is evil, I tell you ! ) and where Gaomon absolutely adds nothing to his Evolution, while some other Digimon does something way more impressive. That would also be a good reason for Relena and her Digimon to join the team.
-Make Yoshino Team-Leader, but split the Teams. Teams of three.

Yoshino: It's like with Masaru and Touma, just that Masaru eats more junkfood and Touma is female.
Kouki: That stuff gives me power!
Nanami: That stuff gives you health problems at best.
Raramon: This is the worst.
Commandramon: May I have some of that junkfood, Commander?
Wormmon: I think he does not listen to you, Miss Nanami!

Ivan: Two thirds of the Members are legal, but I'm stuck with the two little Girls.
Chika: Who are you talking to? We are also Teens not little Girls!
Relena: Ofcourse I'm the prettier one.
Piyomon: Chika is prettier!
Gazimon: No, Mistress is!
Stegomon: I'm a Dinosaur with Super Intelligence and I'm stuck with some guy without Inner Monologue as my Partner, two little Girls and there childish partners. And my Girlfriend looks way better than any of you!

Miki: So this is out first trip to the Digital World. Looks familiar, yet different.
Megumi: Yes. So Ikuto-Kun, who do you like more? Chika-chan or Relena-chan?
Ikuto: Don't ask me stuff like that.
Falcomon: I would take Chika, if I was you.
PawnChessmon B&W: ........

Real World:
Satsuma: So we stay back here to guard the Human World.
Yushima: Just like in the old times.
Suguru: A bit different.
Kudamon: A Digimon Signal! Leviamon!
Kamemon: Giant Aligator? I think this looks like job for a giant Turtle!
Leormon: But not alone!

Hagaren Gao;40348 said:
And I see the girls getting the short end of the stick again.

Luckily they don't get the short end of the stick Personality or Evolution-wise. Only Focus Epsiode wise, which is bad enough. Heck, even Izumi got more focus, and she sucks compared to Yoshino and most other Girls.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Mugen you really need to work on your not bashing skills. Just because you don't like a character.

I really do not want to have to tell you again about character bashing.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I still would say that giving Touma less Screentime and focus on everyone else would be a good Idea.
Especially if his is going to be about his family problems and the fact that like every family member is a person you would like to run over with a truck. They could atleast have used one of his focus episodes to show how he met Gaomon. I assume he didn't buy him in a Pet Shop.

As for Hawkmon: Play the Wonderswan Games. Okay, he is not really useless. You need him for filling the Analyzer and for some Jogresses. But as a Digimon himself, he sucks.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
^

I say Masaru needs a heck of alot less screen time, since he was the one hogging most of the spot light. (And if I remember correctly, stole Yoshino's spotlight during the Keramon ep, which was mostly Yoshino's undercover work only to be owned by Masaru)

You have a good point about Kouki and the other two....I love Kouki more than Masaru. XDD He should be the main character for the 2nd season, if there is one....either him or Ikuto, anyway. XD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Kazemon15;43055 said:
^
I say Masaru needs a heck of alot less screen time, since he was the one hogging most of the spot light. (And if I remember correctly, stole Yoshino's spotlight during the Keramon ep, which was mostly Yoshino's undercover work only to be owned by Masaru)

Like I said, Masaru = Missing somewhere in the DW. Therefore he gets less Screentime that way.
But Touma is the worse Attention Hogger in my opinion. Killing a few Baby II Digimon with an Adult is for sure nothing to be proud of.

Personally I think the first 10 Epis should have been different a lot.

But in case of Ysohino is is alteast explained with her Inferiority Complex later.

Kazemon15;43055 said:
^
You have a good point about Kouki and the other two....I love Kouki more than Masaru. XDD He should be the main character for the 2nd season, if there is one....either him or Ikuto, anyway. XD

Or Yoshino.
Personally I don't really care about Kouki, he is too much like evil Masaru, but since I like Ivan and Nanami, I think it would be unfair to leave him out.
Besides trying to make up for their sins, these three would ofcourse also have other reasons to join.
Kouki ofcourse would want to fight Masaru, but this time fair and sqare. He is partnered with Commandramon ( this is based on the DA Evil Genome, where Commandramon can evolve to Thunderbirmon, who can evolve to Darkdramon if becoming Angewomon first )
Nanami would want t keep an eye on Relena and is also after something that was stolen by the bad guy who took out Touma. She is partnered with Wormmon ( since Coatlmon is an Armor Evo of Wormmon and she is pretty much a Digimon Kaiser hommage, including the Egg of BioLotusmon )
Ivan is ofcourse following because of Yoshino. His partner is Stegomon (because Patamon is already overused enough! )

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;43002 said:
-Have Masaru missing in the Digital World for a while

You know something? That might solve all of our problems right there. >___>

Just have him missing or captured for half of the series, and that would give so much more focus to the other characters.
-Take out Touma, he is overrated anyways. And we don't need any more Epsiodes showing us that the only family member who does not deserve to get hit by atruck was hit by a truck ( Okay, Grandma Norstein should be squished by a house, and yes, Relena is evil, I tell you ! ) and where Gaomon absolutely adds nothing to his Evolution, while some other Digimon does something way more impressive. That would also be a good reason for Relena and her Digimon to join the team.
You know the problem with Touma? He barely got any character development until like, ep 42. Aside from episode 7, I never liked him until then. To be honest, he deserves some more development too. Have him hang around for the first few episodes, then go on his own to the Digital World maybe? He could look for Masaru, or look for leads on what is wrong with the Digital World or whatnot. Every so often he could get his oen episode to show how he's doing, then we're all happy.

And like you said in one of your other posts, we *really* need to know where Gaomon came from. So we can't completely give them the ax.

I suppose Ikuto could be a team leader alongside Yoshino. He does have the skills, and those two are pretty much a team anyway. You could say someone like Nanami could eb team leader, but they're newbies, there's no way they would get leader status without at least being in the team for a while.

This could be Piyomon's chance to...you know, NOT suck (This isn't meant as character bashing, it's just that he NEVER won a battle, and barely put up much of a challenge, which he deserved better).

And of course, there has to be at least one new character, maybe the mid-season character or something.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
The ideas I randomly came up with for fanfics did surround Masaru being out of the major events, and Touma reserving himself for more scientific endeavours to solve problems rather than an active role, sort of like being Oracle instead of Batgirl.

Yoshino, haven't decided exactly how active she should be. Having her do too much would make it look like she's trying to keep up with Ikuto and Chika. And she was already older than Masaru and Touma! But I've definitely got something in mind for Rosemon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
You know something? That might solve all of our problems right there. >___>

Just have him missing or captured for half of the series, and that would give so much more focus to the other characters.

Guess having him missing would work better than having him captured. Because he would most likely break free. Unless all the Guards are female Digimon.

"Women? I can't punch women! Wait you look big and bulky! What do you mean, you are a woman, too?"

Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
You know the problem with Touma? He barely got any character development until like, ep 42. Aside from episode 7, I never liked him until then. To be honest, he deserves some more development too. Have him hang around for the first few episodes, then go on his own to the Digital World maybe? He could look for Masaru, or look for leads on what is wrong with the Digital World or whatnot. Every so often he could get his oen episode to show how he's doing, then we're all happy..

Oh, he got development. He became a different kind of unlikable Person.

Sending him to the DW to search for Masaru? That will only feed the Tomato Fans.

I actually planned on taking him and Gaomon out the following way: Have MirageGaogamon BM being reduced to a Digitama with the egg stolen.. And Touma in coma. Later Version then had him hurt and Gaomon still reduced to an Egg, still stolen*
My current Version is Touma hurt and Gaomon hurt badly. That also shows how badass the Enemy is. Oh, and the enemy cut off MirageGaogamon's horn. Because I like that scene in Digimon NEXT where AtlurKabuterimon's Horn fells from the sky and Knight says that it is Booty.
Their recovery could be shown once in a while.

*The stolen Egg would have been one reason for Nanami and Relena to join. And could also a chance to introduce a special enemy later on, hatched from that Egg.

(Names shortened to avoid some spoilers)
K: So this is it? Still has the smell of that Dog, Lizard!
N: Wait and see, WITCH! He may be just a Beast, but a special one!
S: Sister! That thing is scary! You shouldn't have stolen the Digitama in the first place!
N: Hehe, stupid Foxes! You'll make both of them obsolete! Now rise!
?: Rooooooooaaaaaaaaar!

In that Version the still hurt Touma would show up at some point and try to reason with ?, which would include retelling how they met.

Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
And like you said in one of your other posts, we *really* need to know where Gaomon came from. So we can't completely give them the ax..

That could be told during there recovery.

Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
I suppose Ikuto could be a team leader alongside Yoshino. He does have the skills, and those two are pretty much a team anyway. You could say someone like Nanami could eb team leader, but they're newbies, there's no way they would get leader status without at least being in the team for a while.

Ikuto will be pretty much the leader of his team. He is Co-Leader before the Party is ( forecefully ) broken up.

3 Teams in the Digital World:

Yoshino-tachi: Yoshino, Raramon, Nanami, Wormmon, Kouki, Commandramon

Ikuto-tachi: Ikuto, Falcomon, Miki, Megumi, the PawnChessmon.
Guess it is clear why Miki and Megumi would follow Ikuto.

Ivan-tachi: Ivan, Stegomon, Chika, Piyomon, Relena, Gazimon
Cause, you know, he is not only the only Adult there, he also can handle Children aswell as Combat Situations. And I don't think that he would try anything on Chika or Relena.

Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
This could be Piyomon's chance to...you know, NOT suck (This isn't meant as character bashing, it's just that he NEVER won a battle, and barely put up much of a challenge, which he deserved better). .

Poor Piyomon. Always fighting Guys he can't beat. Thinking of that, those all were pretty strong.

Hagaren Gao;43087 said:
And of course, there has to be at least one new character, maybe the mid-season character or something.

A certain Thief, eh, Private Eye and Fujieda Punishment Sisters, maybe?

PrimoPiccolo;43128 said:
The ideas I randomly came up with for fanfics did surround Masaru being out of the major events, and Touma reserving himself for more scientific endeavours to solve problems rather than an active role, sort of like being Oracle instead of Batgirl.

Touma: I evolved this Gorimon into a Silverback Version of himself.

PrimoPiccolo;43128 said:
Yoshino, haven't decided exactly how active she should be. Having her do too much would make it look like she's trying to keep up with Ikuto and Chika. And she was already older than Masaru and Touma! But I've definitely got something in mind for Rosemon.

So she is older, it is not like she some Grandmother or something.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
MugenSeiRyuu said:
So she is older, it is not like she some Grandmother or something.
Yeah, but characters tend to look pathetic when they're running around with people half their age on a regular basis. Yoshino hanging with Ikuto and Chika every installment would be like Satsuma leading the DATS agents into battle.

Unless of course they were rookies, which Ikuto certainly isn't. Hell, he got the drop on Kurata once. If Chika had anything to learn, I'd prefer Ikuto to teach her rather than Yoshino. Plus, 'shipping opportunities! LOL