Digimon MMORPG Coming to NA

amigobro2

The Digimon Masters game will likely be released from between June to December of this year, and as for Digimon World Online for the PS3, that wasn't on Wikipedia first, it was actually on a few PS3 sites, then someone put it on Wikipedia, but no other information is known about it besides that, and then there's the Digimon game for the Wii, that also hasn't been talked about at all either.

amigobro2

MugenSeiRyuu;91279 said:
The Wii one is atleast listed on Bandai's Website...seriously, we need new Digimon Stuff.

Like it really matters, the Digimon Wii game, from the (non-)information we're getting about it might as well not even be on the site, as it has been there for like going on 3 years now, it was put up there around the time Savers first came out in Japan, and it has already been 3 years already!

They may either have dropped the project, thought about making the project, still working on the project, or not even started the project of Digimon World Online. Who knows! Video game developers do that ALL the time, they may even release a trailer for a game, but then decide to drop production of it later. This goes just as much for the Digimon Wii game as it does for "Digimon World Online", and since NO info on the Wii game has been circulated, in THREE years mind you, whose to say that this DWO for the PS3 isn't in development or not, or even if it was dropped, I find it hard to believe that some PS3 sites listed it for a new game for the PS3 around the same time the Wii game was announced by Bandai, and nothing of it, for both of them has been released. Someone had to have gotten reports about a "Digimon" game for the PS3, I don't think someone would make that up (and we're talking about "Digimon" may I remind you), as many of the other games on that list have either been released, is still in development, or have even been dropped. Bandai doesn't "have" to put it on their site if certain factors either prevent them from putting it up or making them wait to put it up.

Bandai could also be developing other Digimon projects, but yet keep it as they say on the "downlow", lol. Remember, in the entertainment business (movies, television, video games, etc.) they don't HAVE to tell the public squat, they do that for a lot of projects, like this one new movie that the director doesn't want people to know the plot and other stuff yet.

Unless one has direct connections to said projects, one should not say that it's being developed or not either way.

----------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Stunt just got word on a US press release for "Digimon Masters" from Digitalic.

Stunt said:
Digitalic just issued a press release for Digimon Masters. It's odd that their issuing the releases in the US, but the game's not been announced for Western audiences yet. As you can see in the release, it only has a publisher for Korea. Who knows if they're even searching for a US publisher.

And here it is:

Introduction of Digimon Masters

Game Title: Digimon Masters
Developer: Digitalic Co.,Ltd.
Publisher: SKTelecom (Korea)
Genre: MMOPRG
Official Website: Under development
Date of Service: 2nd CBT starts in June, 2009

System Requirements:
Required
CPU Pentium 2.0 GHz
RAM 1GB
VGA Geforce6600
HD 1GB
OS Windows XP
Direct X 9.0c

Minimum
CPU Pentium 1.2 GHz
RAM 512MB
VGA Geforce5200
HDD 650MB
OS Windows XP
Direct X 9.0c

Overview:

Digimon Masters is an online MMORPG based on stories of ‘Digimon Savers’ created by Toei animation, Japan. Digimon Savers was the 5th TV series which it had broadcasted on Fuji TV after 3years gap of the Digimon Frontier, from 2nd Apr.2006 through 25th.Mar.2007 every Sunday morning 9am in Japan.

Previous Digimon series were simply drawing the battle between good and evil but this new Digimon Savers is drawing conflict and peaceful coexistence between digital-world and real-world. For this, there are varies of DATS (Digital Accident Tactics Squad) agents and Partner Digimon stories are described. Special features are as below.

Special Features:
1) Digi-soul system – It means energy needed when to use skills such as attacking, which has similar meaning with Magic power of other games. Only tamers are able to produce Digi-soul, and the amount of Digi-soul is amplified due to tamer’s capability when tamer conveys it to digimon through Digi-vice.

2) Digi-vice – This is a compound word of Digital + Device. Meaning is ‘device digitalizes human will and delivers it to digimon’. As tamer mean user’s appearance, Digi-vice means tamer’s inner capability which makes digimon more powerful.

3) Various Evolution System – There are variety of evolution systems as well as ‘Standard Evolution’ such as Growth Evolution, Quest Evolution, Crest, Digimental Evolution, Dark Evolution, Matrix Evolution and Sprit Evolution. Those systems are interesting enough to keep you focused on this game and not to get bored.

4) Mercenary Digimon – All tamers are allowed to have only one Partner Digimon but sometimes facing a group of enemies and great-power boss in the battle field. So that tamers can recruit many kinds of Digimons in order to supply its combat career.

5) Digital-Trans Card System – On the market, there are TCG cards which players can buy and put a bar code through ‘Digital-trans’ to achieve cash and item. Not only can those players also recall a specific character all the time in the game.

http://gamespress.com/release.asp?c=p%0A%CAg%BB

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/46186/Digimon-Masters

Most of this is consistent with my translation of that one site, lol.

:cool:

amigobro2

Sorry for the double post, but here are some new screenshots I found while doing some more research on the game.

394116_full.jpg

394114_full.jpg

394112_full.jpg

394110_full.jpg

394108_full.jpg

394106_full.jpg

394104_full.jpg

394102_full.jpg

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/digimon_masters/screenshots.html

There are thankful probably going to be more than one outfit, for those of you wondering.

And also this is the first time we really get a good look at Rosemon up close, pretty nice I must say! :D

Plus MirageGaogamon's close up is just as awesome! :cool:

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
LOL yes, more outfits would help things indeed. That... boxer training wear though... XD Although I'd still rather hope there will be more character options beside the main three, I'm sure more people would rather have some kind of original to personalize or things like that~ o.o; Thanks for the info and screenshots <3, amigobro2 <3

amigobro2

LOL, I said it was a treat, not necessarily a "perfect" treat, lmfao!!! XP

Well besides "bust moods" and "hors", lol, and all the other mistranslations, you pretty much got the point, lol!

Anyway, I don't really find the Spirit and Matrix Evolutions as weird in this game. Think of it like this, it's a pure form of the bio-hybrid evolutions, or like how Prof. Daimon merged with BantyoLeomon, lol! Matrix and Spirit Evolution was pretty much already in Savers when you really think about it, lol! But I'm just glad we'll be able to see the Spirits again and actually play as them, lol!

Seraphimon-T.K.

<b>Scan Editor</b><br>~Holy Warrior~
Thanks for the info AmigoBro!!! It sounds decent... Do we know if we need paid subscription like other MMO's?

amigobro2

You're welcome Seraphimon-T.K.! Yes, and according to a press release that came out last year, no, only Korean players have to pay, US and Chinese players play for free. Well, I don't really know for the Chinese, but in the US it is definitely free! :D

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS102467+10-Mar-2008+BW20080310

I think this is the right press release that had info on the price, if it isn't, tell me so I can find the right one. It should have something in there talking about how the US subscription is free. :cool:

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
amigobro2;91318 said:
Like it really matters, the Digimon Wii game, from the (non-)information we're getting about it might as well not even be on the site, as it has been there for like going on 3 years now, it was put up there around the time Savers first came out in Japan, and it has already been 3 years already!

Yeah, I know. That is why we need some news...

amigobro2;91477 said:

Great View!

amigobro2;91477 said:

Horrible accident involving MirageGaogamon's claws and Touma's lower body in 3..2..1..

amigobro2;91477 said:

Two beautiful beings!

amigobro2;91485 said:
Anyway, here's another treat I had just found right now for you all!

http://gamersdailynews.com/story-10093-Digimon-Masters-Information-Released.html

There is a link to a PDF file, open it and enjoy!

Very interestin PDF!
LOL! But Mood, Horstein, Yosino!

So Outift-wise we have so far:
Yoshino: DATS and Second Outfit
Masaru: First Outfit, Second Outift and School Sports
Touma: First Outfit, Second Outift
Looks like the combination of Outifts used on Page 3 is based on this CD Cover:
gouinggoingmysoulwo7.jpg

Abilities are interesting, but why do they make it sound like Yoshino's Healing Ability is inferior to the others? AFAIK Damage Dealing ( Masaru ) and Healing ( Yoshino ) are more useful than lowering Power ( Touma ). And she does not even need the help of a device, like Touma does.
Yes, Touma you can look angry and ball your fist all you want, your ability is the least useful and you can't use it without your DigiWindow.
Also: HE IS A WITCH! BURN HIM!:D

The Evolution Trees seem to use several Art Styles. As expected from the ability to Multipath Evolve, Agumon ( wrongly refered here to as a Reptile, when this Agumon is a Dinosaur ) can also evolve into Adventure Agumon's forms.
Gaomon's tree consists of Dogs, including him Slide Evolving to Labramon.
Last but not least is Raramon. Talk about injustice! She only got one form that can reach Ultimate! Ofcourse she will still get the butts of certain Digimon with more Ultimates, but still...would it have been too much to include Minervamon or Lotusmon? Lotusmon would even fit the whole Plant thing going on, which includes her Slide Evo to Palmon.

Interesting use of the Elements from Frontier, Crests, Digimentals and Digimon Families...

Looks like they mix up Evolution Levels between Original and Dub.

Guess the Crest and Digimental Evolution is used to reach the Adventure Forms, i.e. the regular Greymon Evos and Palmon Line.

So Agumon's Dark Evolution is SkullGreymon, I wonder who would be considered the Dark Evo for the others. And the power boost comes at a price.

Spirit Evolution: If there is only KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon, you can already tell who is able to evolve that way.
Matrix Evolution: I really wonder how that will work, which Royal Knights will be involved and if all three possible partners are able to do it.

The whole Mercenary Digimon bit sounds very interesting, although I guess the "Rugular" is similar to having more than one Digimon as in other Games, even if their Growth is limited.
Also like the Temporary bit. Hiring support.

So I have some mixed feelings about the new Info.

Still, Thanks amigobro2!