Digimon MMORPG Coming to NA

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
Digimon MMORPG Coming to NA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_RPG

The used-to-be only South Korean digimon MMORPG have been signed and is coming to North America this year.

It was released in China just 2 days ago.

(http://www.cdcgames.net/cdcgames/site.asp?contentscreen_id=98)

CDC Games (china-based company) has picked it up, and is working with Bandai and Digitalic to release it in NA.

Finally, the DigiMMORPG we've all been waiting for will be legal to play. (You needed a Korea SSN to play it before...WTF?)

This developer is the same one that made EVE Online, so it might just be worth your time.

(They are working on Digimon RPG Online 2 also.)

guilmon93950

I too strongly hope that they do NOT have the only avatars be Takato Ruki and Jenrya. Considering that tamers has been voer for 5 years now, I think to have those characters be the avatars would simply be a horrible idea. Allowing the player to create a tamer would make the game infinitely better.

PositronCannon

News for me. I played it a year ago until it stopped working for no reason, couldn't connect or something. May give it a try again when this version comes out.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
So has this came to NA yet? I haven't heard about it since it was announced :/

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Nothing new yet. But I think the Company that wanted to bring it over went bankrupt or something like that.

Cael

lmfao

That sucks. I never played the korean version and I always liked the idea of a digimon mmorpg. :/

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Korean Version is nice, but I never had time to go far. And now I can not log in any longer.
Which is probably due to the little witch hunt they started, regarding non-Korean Players.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
Wasn't there a "Digimon Online" game that was supposed to come out for the PS3?

There was a Wikipedia article that cited that Bandai USA had the game listed, but that article's been long since deleted.

Cael

The Digimon Online game wasnt supposed to come out on PS3. It was going to be fanmade MMORPG. Bandai shut them down xD everything was pretty much taken from DW3

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yup.
There was never a Game for PS3 at all. Seriously, Wikipedia takes every crap for true.
However Bandai Japan has a Wii Game announced on their site. But nothing more is known.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Unfortunately yes. So our only hop of a Digimon Online RPG is the Korean one. Which requires a fake Korean Social Number.

Silvrwind

Twanslata~
...how do you generate those anyhows? >> I would love to play the chinese version tho...I wonder where I can dl it...

Cael

i would assume google or yahoo search.

I searched korean ss number and it was recommended that I search for korean ss number generator o.o

jpwong

Someone had a real knack for getting numbers way back when the game first came out. I remember they were getting virtually everyone's accounts activated back then.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Wow, I remember that Korean RPG. I used to play. Don't remember much, 'cept it seemed to be Tamers based.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
*facepalms* Uggh... I hate mmos... I'll pass, thanks. Hopefully though they'll come out with another Digimon Story game... I liked those.