Digidestined

guilmon93950

Perhpas Yamato's father knew who Gabumon was because he works at the TV station with some paranoid freaks, and they shared with him their conspiracy stories of how theres another world with monsters that the government doesn't want you to know about, and they had a picture of one that happenned to be a Gabumon. Remember that people were seeing digimon in the real world at the time that Taichi came back after the etemon ark. It's even possible that Yamato's dad saw a gabumon during that time. it might have even told him his name. Or it's possible that Yamato's dad had run in to Gabumon while yamato was sleeping at his house, and Gabumon told him who he was, and they just never mentioned it to yamato, maybe his dad told Gabumon not to.

Theres lots of ways as to how he'd know of Gabumon but also be shocked that he coudl evolve. If he was one of the originals it would be NO surprise that digimon evolve, so that is ruled out right there.

datsagent17

Role;50164 said:
No, Yamato seemed shocked when his dad correctly identified Gabumon. Pretty sure he didn't tell his dad. But I never could figure out HOW he knew who Gabumon was.

As for Oikawa... how the hell did he know what the digital world was? And WHY did he want to go there? There's too many questions that aren't answered. I mean, the digimon in the end seemed to know him, and instead of saying 'nice to finally meet you', it was more like 'good to see you again'. Either he doesn't remember being there, or he knew someone who went there or something. There had to be a reason he WANTED to go. I mean, I can understand him knowing OF it because of Vamdemon, but for what reason, after such an attack, would he WANT to go there so desperately that he'd allow himself to be possessed? Either he knew someone who'd been there, or he'd already been there.

There's too many questions unanswered, and that leads to speculation like this...

wait wasn't oikawa one of the people that designed the digital world or was that somebody else?

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
guilmon93950 said:
Remember that people were seeing digimon in the real world at the time that Taichi came back after the etemon ark.
Wait, wasn't the problem on that episode that Taichi was the only one who could see Ogremon and the others?

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
PrimoPiccolo;50411 said:
Wait, wasn't the problem on that episode that Taichi was the only one who could see Ogremon and the others?
Yep, that was pretty much it. He was the only one who noticed them, aside from Hikari.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
guilmon93950;50276 said:
Perhpas Yamato's father knew who Gabumon was because he works at the TV station with some paranoid freaks, and they shared with him their conspiracy stories of how theres another world with monsters that the government doesn't want you to know about, and they had a picture of one that happenned to be a Gabumon. Remember that people were seeing digimon in the real world at the time that Taichi came back after the etemon ark. It's even possible that Yamato's dad saw a gabumon during that time. it might have even told him his name. Or it's possible that Yamato's dad had run in to Gabumon while yamato was sleeping at his house, and Gabumon told him who he was, and they just never mentioned it to yamato, maybe his dad told Gabumon not to.

Theres lots of ways as to how he'd know of Gabumon but also be shocked that he coudl evolve. If he was one of the originals it would be NO surprise that digimon evolve, so that is ruled out right there.

God I need to re-watch the first series...

But your counter-theory has a flaw too: Gabumon was just as surprised when he was correctly identified.