Deltora Quest Episode 14 (DVD-XviD) (DVD-h264) (HDTV-h264)

Lief

<b>Release Bot</b><br />"Deltora Quest"
Episode 14 (DVD-XviD) (DVD-h264) (HDTV-h264)

[DATS] Deltora Quest - 14 [DVD][XviD][E65D0291].avi
File Size: 173.93MB
Resolution: 704x400
Release Date: September 20, 2008
Trigger: !dq14x
Torrent: Here

[DATS] Deltora Quest - 14 [DVD][h264][B92FD0BA].mkv
File Size: 233.61MB
Resolution: 848x480
Trigger: !dq14h

[DATS] Deltora Quest - 14 [HDTV][h264][20BF86FE].mkv
File Size: 233.33MB
Resolution: 1280x720
Trigger: !dq14hd
Please note that this version uses ordered chapters. You need OP1 and ED1 for it to play properly.

Credits
Translation: Pazuzu
Editing: digiboy123
Timing: Scar
Typesetting: Koroku & Scar
Karaoke: Yuumei & Koroku
Encoding: Scar
Special Thanks: Akaku & Zelsius
QC:
sheep.jpg

Comments
And so we bring closure to this short little interlude where we learn Endon and Jarred's history.

Yep, that's the ep. Now to concern ourselves with the release format!

If any of you remember, the TV raws that we used were quite... ugly. But in episode 14, they got a WHOLE lot prettier.
1) Widescreen (no more cut clock!)
2) High Def

Why should we ignore High Def goodness? Because we are that awesome, we have decided to offer Deltora Quest, for episodes 14+, in DVD XviD (704x400), DVD h264 (840x480), and HDTV h264 (1280x720)!!!

The HD will not work on slower computers. There is no getting around that. Hell, parts of the op lag for me, and I have a relatively new laptop.

We're also experimenting with Ordered Chapters. What are those? They're where the opening and ending are put into a separate file, and then "called on" when it's their turn to play. You'll need to have the Opening, the Ending, and the actual episode all in the same folder to watch it fluidly.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask any questions! We'll do our best to answer them :)

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Deltora 14 MU

And HD DQ love for those that want direct download~

DQ 14 HD

And please be sure to download the OPED if you want to watch the whole file together, as the main episode doesn't have OP or ED.

DQ OP1 HD
DQ ED1 HD

Tobias

Yay, another episode! Thanks a lot ^_^

I'm a bit confused though..which one would be considered the best quality to watch? Too many formats confuse me :(

But good work though, keep it up!

digiboy123

Tobias;70515 said:
I'm a bit confused though..which one would be considered the best quality to watch? Too many formats confuse me :(

The best quality version would be the HDTV one; or the one I uploaded to MU. It's high definition 720p, but you have to have a computer that will be able to play it; a fast computer. The h264 DVD is good as well for those that have slower comps, but if you can, get the HD version. ;3

Tobias

digiboy123;70519 said:
The best quality version would be the HDTV one; or the one I uploaded to MU. It's high definition 720p, but you have to have a computer that will be able to play it; a fast computer. The h264 DVD is good as well for those that have slower comps, but if you can, get the HD version. ;3

I guess I will try to HD and see if it works...if it doesn't ill just work with the h264, since I know that works. Thanks for the help.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
digiboy123;70519 said:

And those who have ancient slow computers like mine (AMD Duron 950MHz, lulz) that can handle mkv hardsubs pretty well, but really doesn't work when it comes to softsubs, then you're just going to stick with the XviD version and live with it.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Tobias;70522 said:
I guess I will try to HD and see if it works...if it doesn't ill just work with the h264, since I know that works. Thanks for the help.

Make sure you download the Opening and Ending and have them in the same folder though D:

Tobias

Psyduck Disciple;70525 said:
Make sure you download the Opening and Ending and have them in the same folder though D:

I'm downloading the opening now, lol. I figured if the opening didn't work then I won't even try to download the whole episode..so it's kind of my test thingy. If that doesn't work..well..I'll go to the other two formats, and just pick from one of those. Maybe XviD since I already have the first 11 episodes in it..

Thanks for the reminder though ^_^

megumi;70523 said:
then you're just going to stick with the XviD version and live with it.

What's so bad with the XviD versions >_>

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Tobias;70528 said:
What's so bad with the XviD versions >_>

First, don't double post. Just edit the previous one. I don't have permissions to merge them.

Second, they aren't bad. It's just h264 is generally higher quality than XviD.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Tobias don't double post the edit button is there for a reason.
*merges*

Megumi please leave the telling to us.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
First 11 episodes or so are being redone in DVD, XviD and h264... sometime.

shadowblack

I finally got to watching this ep (the HDTV version), and encountered a problem with the OP. If I play it as a separate file everything is fine, but when it is played as part of the ep the audio is... well, I don't know how to explain it, but instead of the song I hear something like rewinding a cassette (that's the best comparison I can come up with). The ED plays fine (both separately and as part of the ep). I tried another release that uses Ordered Chapters (Dominos' release of Code Geass) and there everything is fine.

If this is something on my end that can be fixed (and not a problem with the file) let me know, please.

In any case thanks for your work on DQ. It's nice to know that there are still people working on this title. :)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
That is a really weird problem.

Have you tried to CRC the main episode? It's possible that that might have corrupted. It sounds as though the OP is fine though, since you can load it fine.

I would also suggest trying to install CCCP, if you haven't already.

If none of these work, can you please tell me what system you use, and what media player? Have you tried it in a different media player? (VLC, for instance, fails horribly)

shadowblack

Naru;70584 said:
That is a really weird problem.

Have you tried to CRC the main episode? It's possible that that might have corrupted. It sounds as though the OP is fine though, since you can load it fine.

I would also suggest trying to install CCCP, if you haven't already.

If none of these work, can you please tell me what system you use, and what media player? Have you tried it in a different media player? (VLC, for instance, fails horribly)
Unfortunately I already deleted the main ep, so I can't check with a different player, but I use Media Player Classic for ALL files I watch (I'm on Win XP).

The main ep is the one that has been added to AniDB and matches the CRC provided here and in the file name (the same applies to the OP and ED).

Currently I use K-lite, which offers basically the same things as CCCP plus a few extras (at least when compared to the CCCP I had on my old PC) and I have not had any problems with other files, so I don't feel like installing a different codec pack for just one file. If I encounter this problem with other files I'll consider it, but for now there's no need, especially since I have seen the OP dozens of times and there's no reason to not skip it.

P.S.: I just tried another release that uses Ordered chapters - Underwater's release of Ryofuko-chan, and there was no problem with either the OP or the ED there (at least with the first ep), so for now this problem remains exclusive to this one file. We'll see how things will be with ep 15.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yeah, we have never worked with ordered chapters before, but as far as I can tell (and all others that I've spoken to) there are no problems with our files.

But yes, please let us know if there is the same problem on episode 15. If there is, we shall have to look into it......

digiboy123

I haven't encountered the problem that shadowblack is talking about. I played the the file wholly and the OP + everything went just fine.

Odd problem you've come up with.