could someone clear up a few plotlines for me?

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Exactly.
And even if they were evil, they would know that it is not the right time to do their usual evil stuff. They had other problems.

It's like saying that Adventure Agumon and Savers Agumon are the same one. ( I actually saw some people react exactly like that on a German Board, even saying that "Agumon belongs to Tai", as if there were not great numbers of them in the Digital World )

Also watch the various Jureimon and Gotsumon over the series. They clearly have different characters.

Shoopman

It was just weird to me that they didn't start acting evil, I know they're different, but most of the different digimon are more or less the same, except the Leomon in Tamers was kind of an asshole compared to the Leomon in Adventure. And why didn't Leomon become a digitama when he died in Tamers? Did they rules change or what?

I started season 4, and I saw Dukemon's cameo, and I'm thinking its the Tamers Dukemon. I clearly heard two voices, and he even said "We wish we could help." I guess Takato kept his promise. It just seems kinda dumb that such a powerful digimon is standing around shopping when his world is in danger.

celestial_sacred

Haha. How sure are you that it is Takato's Dukemon? As far as I know, Nozawa Masako has been voicing all the Dukemons. They can have the same voice, but it doesn't mean they're the same individual. Even if they're of the same species, each of them might have different personalities. For example, some Diablomon can be gentle and caring. You never know. o___o

The rules never changed. Leomon didn't become a digitama because Beelzebumon absorbed Leomon's data. Leomon is "in" Beelzebumon.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
Shoopman;91293 said:
I started season 4, and I saw Dukemon's cameo, and I'm thinking its the Tamers Dukemon. I clearly heard two voices, and he even said "We wish we could help." I guess Takato kept his promise. It just seems kinda dumb that such a powerful digimon is standing around shopping when his world is in danger.

That was a dub-only reference to Tamers, since Brian Beacock and Steve Blum were voicing characters for both seasons(Takato and Bokomon, Guilmon and Junpei/J.P.). In the original, that Dukemon has no lines.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Exactly. A Dub Addition. As is the two Voice thing....

Shoopman;91293 said:
It was just weird to me that they didn't start acting evil, I know they're different, but most of the different digimon are more or less the same,

Did you actually read what I wrote? They are not the same at all....

Shoopman;91293 said:
except the Leomon in Tamers was kind of an asshole compared to the Leomon in Adventure.

What exactly make him an asshole?
Okay, Leo from V-Tamer could appear like an asshole at times. But he had his reasons. Tamers Leomon however? Never was an asshole.
Or did they make him on in the Dub?

Shoopman;91293 said:
And why didn't Leomon become a digitama when he died in Tamers? Did they rules change or what?

Tamers World =/= Adventure World. Different World, different rules.
And Beelzebumon ate him.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
I don't think the dub made him an asshole. Sure, he was kind of ticked off a girl was chasing him and Takato tried to pick a fight with him, but other than that, he was fine.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
That's also how it was in the Original. Thought it would be the case because the dub often changes personalities. It it is not the case, I don't know why Shoopman would think of him as an asshole, even if he only saw the dub, as can be assumed from his statements, like the Dukemon in Frontier talking.

Shoopman

Yeah Ive only seen the dub. I can't stand japanese voice actors, they all sound like squealing little girls to me. The reason I say Leomon is an ass is because he appeared a little conceited to me, thought he was noble at times, he had his share of snide remarks, and kind of disrespected Kazu and Kenta.

And heres a better question: Why didn't Sakkakumon go away when Takuya killed Mercuremon? Wasn't his body kinda dead? Unless the beast spirit can take form without a host, it didn't make much sense to me.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
The Beast Spirit is a form all on its own, you can take the Human Spirit away and leave the Beast one. Also, they were inside Sefirotmon.

Also, why are you on a fansub forum if you hate Japanese VAs? =/

Shoopman

I just clicked the link from Wikimon, I didn't know this was a fansub forum >_>

Id like to watch the JP versions one day, but I cant find them anywhere and I don't have money to buy them.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Shoopman;91332 said:
Yeah Ive only seen the dub. I can't stand japanese voice actors, they all sound like squealing little girls to me.

Ah, one of those people who bash the Original. I pity those...
I on the other hand think that the US Voices are terrible, while the Japanese Voices are great. You know, children actually sounding like children, not adults who more or less try to sound like children.
But that is my opinion, while you have yours.

But that has nothing to do with this topic, which is about explaining things to people. So let's end it here and now. It's over! Finished!

Shoopman;91332 said:
The reason I say Leomon is an ass is because he appeared a little conceited to me, thought he was noble at times, he had his share of snide remarks, and kind of disrespected Kazu and Kenta.

Sounds like a Dub Addition...He wasn't like that in the Original. Snide remarks and disrespecting Hirokazu and Kenta is Ruki's thing. Leomon's thing is being all noble and heroic.

Shoopman;91332 said:
And heres a better question: Why didn't Sakkakumon go away when Takuya killed Mercuremon? Wasn't his body kinda dead? Unless the beast spirit can take form without a host, it didn't make much sense to me.

Remmber that Takuya only took one form away. While most Hybrids use the Human Form as their default form, they could also exist if they only had their Beast Form, without a human form.

Shoopman

Oh don't get me wrong, the English voice actors sound terrible too, I just cant stand high pitched voices, and I don't have to read subtitles. I like to focus on the action.

And thanks for the Mercuremon clear-up. Makes sense now. Im about to start Savers, how is it compared to the other 4 seasons?

Shoopman

Why the hate on 02? I liked that one the best so far >_>
Well I finished Frontier, the ending seemed kind of rushed, and the final story arc was repetitive (about 5 episodes of Dunasmon and Rhode Knightmon taking data and beating the kids over and over.)
Susanoomon was cool, and kind of reminds me of Omegamon, but apparently much more powerful.

SO, with that said, I'll take my leave. Apparently I don't fit in here too well, and Mugen wants this topic to die.

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
I don't hate 02, it's just not as compelling or interesting as the other four series. That's not to say it's completely void of merit.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Shoopman;91369 said:
Oh don't get me wrong, the English voice actors sound terrible too, I just cant stand high pitched voices

They aren't that high pitched.

As for Savers? I consider it one of the best series, alongside Tamers. ( Well, Savers, not Data Squad. )

"Worst" series in my opinion would be Frontier. I really did not like the whole "The Girl is pathetic, the Goggleboy and Lonewolf do everything ( and gert beaten over and over again ) while the others are Cheerleaders" thing.

My ranking probably would be:
1.Tamers/Savers
2.Adventure
3.Adventure 02
4. Frontier.

That however does not mean that I hate Frontier, it is still a good series, just not compared to the others.

But then again, all of this is opinion. Ask different people and you get different opinions.

Oh, and I don't want this topic to die, just the whole Dub vs. Original thing going on. Just ask if you have questions Shoopman, I will help you answer them.
This Topic is about clearing questions regarding plot points that may have confused someone afterall.

Shoopman

Lol, I feel better now. And I do agree that Frontier was the worst of the bunch. Savers is excellent so far, and will probably take my spot as favorite. The whole spirit evolution thing seemed kinda gimmicky to me, and with that there was no character development of the partner digimon because they didn't exist. But it did give some character development to the villains which was cool. The series kinda burned out at the end, I liked it most when they were fighting the evil warriors.

Anyway, I found Savers in japanese, so I might watch it when I'm done with my english episodes, the english voice acting is atrocious.

Edit: This is kinda random, but is there a consensus on the most powerful good aligned digimon? Im thinking its either Ulforce V-Dramon Future Mode, Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, or Susanoomon, but I'm not sure. Or maybe some other fourth guy.

digiboy0001

Shoopman;67940 said:
another thing:
Where the hell did the D-Terminals come from? It seems that Tai and the others kinda just had them in the first episode of season 2, and when the new guys got their digivices, they kinda just spawned.
Since nobody's answered this one yet, I'll take it.

The D-Terminals are real, commercially-available devices in the real world, kind of like PDA's. They can be used for email, etc. When the Chosen get their Digimentals, they were stored in the D-Terminal for safe keeping, because the D-Terminal is a digital device, and hence within the power of the Digital World. Qinglongmon himself explained that the Digimentals were only meant to be used one time each, but the D-Terminals allowed them to be stored and used multiple times, which was pure luck on his part.

onkeikun;67995 said:
5. How did Genni suddenly get young?
He was supposed to be young that way forever, to begin with... after all, data doesn't grow old. But do you remember the black ball that Piemon put into his back during the surprise attack? That thing was like a prototype to the Dark Spore that we see in 02. In order to overpower its effects while also hiding, Gennai made his home at the bottom of Temp Lake and put a protective barrier around it. Since he didn't want the black ball to enlarge in power, the solution he came up with was to "age" -- putting a stop to his renewal function.
Since he was young again in 02, that would mean that the black ball has been taken out (or has lost its power) and is no longer something to worry about.

Wait, is that official? I didn't know that theory was still acceptable. If I remember correctly, in the Digimon Adventure drama CD (the one that takes place in 2001), Koushiro asked Gennai about that black ball, and Gennai replied that he "didn't know what it was."

I always thought that was a bit of a wink from the writers to the audience saying, "We don't know what that thing does, either, guys. Stop making theories about it."

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Who knows, but it does sound logical. She also did say that they're from the Adventure novels and novels do have a tendency to get more detailed than say manga or anime.

That aside, the Original Story drama you're referring to, I don't recall Koushirou asking about that...the black ball thing, but I do recall his getting an explanation which would explain why there were multiple Gennai in Adventure 02.

digiboy0001

SSJ Jup81;97580 said:
Who knows, but it does sound logical. She also did say that they're from the Adventure novels and novels do have a tendency to get more detailed than say manga or anime.

That aside, the Original Story drama you're referring to, I don't recall Koushirou asking about that...the black ball thing, but I do recall his getting an explanation which would explain why there were multiple Gennai in Adventure 02.
Well, maybe he didn't ask specifically, but I knew the topic was touched upon. Chris McFeely's Digimon Encyclopedia (which, granted, is based on the dub, but is still very accurate nonetheless) stated the following in Gennai's entry:
"No explanation has ever been offered as to the purpose of the black ball Piedmon inserted into Gennai. It was theorised that it was related to his age reversal, but a Japanese audio drama CD released two years after season two ended specifically stated that its purpose was unknown (which feels somewhat like a self-parodic wink to the audience). As such, the most popular prevaling [sic] theory for the equally unexplained age reversal is that Gennai split himself into numerous younger versions of himself - a theory supported by Benjamin's statement that he and Gennai were both one and the same."