could someone clear up a few plotlines for me?

Shoopman

could someone clear up a few plotlines for me?

So I was watching digimon adventure 02, and when azulongmon had his monologue, everything started to make no sense. so I have a few questions:

1. How/why did Ken lose his memory? And why did he put his digivice in the water to turn it black?
2. How exactly was arukenimon manipulating him? (Ken)
3. How did Ken's brother die? Was it when his bubble popped?
4. In season one versus apoclymon, why were the digidestined able to digivolve to ultimate without the crests, and now in season 2 they cant? I know they gave up their crest power to put some barrier up, but they shouldnt need them >_>
5. How did Genni suddenly get young?
6. Where the hell were the dark masters during the whole first half of season one? Hiding underground or what? And was Piedmon controlling Myotismon the whole time?
7. If there are thousands of digidestined children, how come none of them ever went to the digital world?

Thanks for clarification, maybe I just dont pay attention when i watch. Im sure ill think up something else.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I think I can probably clear two of the up.

4. In season one versus apoclymon, why were the digidestined able to digivolve to ultimate without the crests, and now in season 2 they cant? I know they gave up their crest power to put some barrier up, but they shouldnt need them >_>

3. Ken's brother was hit by a truck, I believe. The bubble popping was there to sort of show the idea of things that everything can change in an instant. My thoughts anyway.

4. they were able to Evolve because they found the crests within themselves. I guess you could say the physical crests were sort of a stand-in for the real crests, which they held within theirselves. They can't use those in 02 anymore because they had to sacrifice them to get home. (I believe that's what happened)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
6. Where the hell were the dark masters during the whole first half of season one? Hiding underground or what? And was Piedmon controlling Myotismon the whole time?
There is a time-fuckup between the Digital World and the Real World, and when the kids came back to the Real World to find Hikari, many years passed in the Digital World, where the Dark Masters rose to power, and spun their mountain.

If I remember right, it had something to do with him splitting himself into multiple Gennis?

7. If there are thousands of digidestined children, how come none of them ever went to the digital world?
Oh god, this'll get the theorists going. :p

It's possible that they do, but just don't ever meet up with the Japanese Chosen. Or something like that. It's one of those plot holes.

(I belong to the pool of theorists that claim the Digital World is kinda infinite, and the 5 seasons just give us a glimpse of it, and it's connections to many parallel human worlds)

Shoopman

Yeah i realize theres a time difference, but where were they during the fight with devimon and such. Couldnt they have just showed up and killed everyone? Azulongmon said the dark masters sealed up those spirit digimon guys, so thats why they summoned the digidestined, so they had to have been there.

another thing:
Where the hell did the D-Terminals come from? It seems that Tai and the others kinda just had them in the first episode of season 2, and when the new guys got their digivices, they kinda just spawned.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Plotholes are the bitch of Digimon and the pain of fans lives (but great for fanfiction writers)

1. How/why did Ken lose his memory? And why did he put his digivice in the water to turn it black?
I would guess the Dark Spore had something to do with it, and the fact that he was Kaizer for so long. It was the Dark Ocean anything is possible.

*coughs mind going off track*
It was part of the whole set up for Vamdemon to get back into the Digital World inside of Oikawa so it seems like they fed him info but we can't be sure.

It by a truck, and the bubbles were the symbol of Ken's kind memory of Osamu.

No sure-fire answer to it - plothole

Next

Awaiting the right moment it seems - as to where exactly we dunno. Vamdemon was working for himself for his own goals.

At the end of 02 just because everyone got a partner doesn't make them chosen.

guilmon93950

1. Ken lost his memory due to trama. He had so many bad things happen that he most likely forced a lot of memories out of mind. Ken has the makings of multiple personality disorder, and a big part of that is amnesia. The kaiser was his getaway, he took his emotions out on other beings, because he didn't really cosndier them real or alive. As the kaiser he had an outlet and an escape from his life, and he became so engrossed in it that he forgot a great many things from his past.
Much later after having seen 02 I had a time in my life where I could not remember a great deal of my past due to the gravity of my current situation, and for the first time I really understood ken. Its amazing how much real psychology is put in to digimon.

2. She basically inadvertantly put ideas in to his head, she put the bait and he took it. She never had real mind control over him, she jsut knew he would do certain things so she set them in front of him knowing he would carry them out.

3. Yeah, car accident

4. Because the crests that had been destroyed only represented the crests. They were artifacts that more easily channled the power of the crests that exist within people. Since the children held their crests for so long, it enhanced the power of the true crests that the children held inside so that when the time came, they could use their crests without the physical artifact.

5. Yeha, not explained, although theoretically, he divided himself up in to multiple gennais, thus dividing his age with it.

6. Well, thats never really explained. The dark masters fought the 4 holy beasts and stole the crests, giving them to devimon to hide, but after that they sorta disapeared for a while. I'm thinking they were probably just sitting back, watching the chosen children, and planning. When the chosen left along with vamdemon, they remade the digital world to better fit their needs and help compliment their powers. They probably also didn't want to stir up trouble with local warlords such as vamdemon adn etemon, because they knew they were formidable, so they let the chosen whipe them out first before taking over. it was just less work for them.

7. Well I think there were lines that suggested they did. If you recall, Micheal did. It was suggested int he dub atleast that they did have their own little digital adventures, and possibly took out their own warlords like etemon and such, jsut in differnet sectors of the digital world. Remember the chsoen of 01 and 02 only do stuff in the japan part of the digital world. Spiral mountain doesn't count because the entire planet was tossed around, but file island, server, etc. are all probably only comparable to japan and other parts of surrounding asia, only likely 25% of the digital world at max, so there was a good 75% of unexplored territory for the other kids to explore during those times.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official

He didn't lose his memory, he lost his heart, and without being able to know himself, he'd be unable to know anybody else.

The dark spores got into his neck at a young age and she used him to make the control spires.

Plastic Surgeon? Not sure, I'd guess splitting into many also split his age.

They weren't thought up by the writers yet? The first saga was used to introduce the characters, and if they were blasted by the big baddies too early, there'd be no story.

Erm, where in the story are you refering to, after the events in Digimon 02 (Davis, Yolei etc) the digimon and humans lived in harmony and sorta shared the two worlds.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Seeing as the other questions were answered...

The Crests only act to amplify their special traits, which is why they can easily evolve to Perfect with them. By giving up the Crests, they lose that amplifier. (This doesn't mean that they lose their traits, as some people seem to think... those traits are just not as powerful on their own to help their Digimon evolve).
The reason the Digimon were able to evolve when fighting against Apocalymon is because the children learned that each of the Crests within their hearts can help to amplify the others' Crests, and vice-versa. For instance, Taichi's Crest glowed not only because of his own courage, but because of the courage he felt his friends giving him. Yamato's Crest glowed because he felt everyone's friendship gathering inside of him, not because he was able to produce that friendship on his own. Hikari's Crest and Takeru's Crest helped to inspire the feelings of light and hope within the other children. Etc.
It's possible that this Crest activation could only be a one-time thing. The kids were rather desperate that time.

He was supposed to be young that way forever, to begin with... after all, data doesn't grow old. But do you remember the black ball that Piemon put into his back during the surprise attack? That thing was like a prototype to the Dark Spore that we see in 02. In order to overpower its effects while also hiding, Gennai made his home at the bottom of Temp Lake and put a protective barrier around it. Since he didn't want the black ball to enlarge in power, the solution he came up with was to "age" -- putting a stop to his renewal function.
Since he was young again in 02, that would mean that the black ball has been taken out (or has lost its power) and is no longer something to worry about.

They were fighting the Holy Beasts, trying to seal them - this was the reason for the distortions in the Digital World that the children were seeing. The fight took centuries (according to Digital World time) and it was only when the Chosen were back on Earth that the Dark Masters managed to succeed. While they were busy with that though, they ordered their subordinates Devimon, Etemon, and Vamdemon (yes, even him) to begin conquering the Digital World. Spiral Mountain was formed based on a program that Nanomon made.
So essentially, all of the villains have a connection with each other. :]

(All of this information is taken from the novels.)

Vande;67970 said:
*coughs mind going off track*

I see what you did there. xD

Shoopman

Theres digimon manga of adventure 1 and 2 now? Where can I get some? Unless its in japanese, then forget it.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
I think novels, mean actual novels not graphic novels. Like, yay text!

I can't see anything else I can answer. :( onkei's awesome like that as well as everyone else.

Shoopman

Hmm just watched the last episode of 02 in asynchronous audio/video, but I think everything is starting to make sense, especially about the dark spores. Thanks for the replies.

Shoopman

thought of something else! Why in the movie do TK and Kari say "lets digivolve to mega to release the digi-eggs!" Like they had done if before? they never digivolved to mega in 02, did they just kinda decide to digivolve for no reason? And Im more than sure that Seraphimon and magnadramon are powerful enough to beat Cherubimon with their eyes closed. but NO! Let magnamon and rapidmon do it!

Also, why wasnt the digi-egg of miracles stored in Davis' D-Terminal like all the rest? Maybe that would eliminate the need for DNA digivolving to paildramon, and then Impdramon would never come to be and etc etc. Any thoughts?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Well elimination of Jogress wouldn't have happened even with the golden armor. I'm pretty sure that Hurricane Touchdown is out of the canon plotline.

And Daisuke and Wallace were the ones chosen to beat him up. @_@; Basically because they needed Magnamon and the golden armored Rapidmon. Wallace had to do it because of the close ties with Cherubimon. Plus if I remember correctly, Cherubimon is a pretty powerful ultimate. Annnd... it beat up Seraphimon and Holydramon anyways. I think they were pretty tired and beat up by then and Cherubimon... was able to regenerate and stuff.

About your quote, I'm not in the mood to check what it was in Hurricane touchdown, but I wouldn't have put it past it that when they cut and edited all three movies they messed up at the dialogue there. OR you know... they know they can evolve one more time and one more time after Perfect is Ultimate. xD

Shoopman

I know cherubimon is powerful, but magnamon was only able to defeat Kimeramon, a perfect level, and he still needed wormmon's evergy to do it. Idk how he could even hope to stand up to cherubimon. And isnt Seraphimon one of the most powerful angel digimon? He could probably use some crazy ass mega ultra holy blaster move to incinerate him. I guess they really had to go inside him and get the virus, not just blast him though. Oh well, that movie was bad anyway.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Everything is easier to kill inside.

And Seraphimon's power is more like political power, since he is in charge of the Angels. As opposed to, let's say Ophanimon, who only commands the female Angels ( which are Angewomon and D'Arcmon. Damn it, we need more female Angels )
You might notice that he gets beaten up a lot. Half the time by Cherubimon..

guilmon93950

Hurricane touchdown was filled with problems. The original made a bit more sense than the dub, but not enough. I beleive that the evolution to ultimate for Angemon and Angewomon was spontaneous and unplanned, and so was the release of the golden digimentals. The point was, it was a miracle. So, the miracle power that allowed them to evolve to ultimate then passed on to V-mon and Terriermon to give them a shot. That miracle was in the form of the two digimentals.

As far as teh digimental of miracles being stored in daisuke's d-terminal, thats exactly it, the digimental didn't manifest itself physically again after Magnamon went back to V-mon (or Chibimon as it happened) and instead released the crest of kindness which had been hidden inside all along, and then vanished. The digimental of miracles is apparnetly more of an idea than an artifact. It seems to phase in and out of reality depending on events.

Chomper

The Friendly Sharptooth
I know where to find what you're looking for.

Originally posted by Shoopman
Theres digimon manga of adventure 1 and 2 now? Where can I get some? Unless its in japanese, then forget it.

Yes there is. There is an english graphic novel set for Advetnure, Zero Two, and Tamers at the moment. I know, because I own them. They are authentic manga, having pictures on every every page and they are completely in english. Unfortunately, all three manga series's have been summarized to death. They have the main plot- and that's it. If the anime was based 100% off the manga itself, then each series would consist of no more than 15 volumes apiece; it's really that bad. Great artwork, accurate story and all- BUT MORE THAN HALF OF THE STORY IS NOT THERE! Adventure was made into five small mangas, zero two- get ready- was made into only two volumes -from beginning to end, which doesn't seem possible- and Tamers is four volumes.
Now for your second question, this is the easiest way to find them:
1: Go to Amazon.com
2: Select "Books"
3: Type "Digimon" and press enter
4: Now select "Graphic Novels"
5: And finally click "Manga"
On the first page, mixed up, you'll find Digimon 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. These are the five volumes of adventure.
You will also see Zero Two vol. 2 which is self explanatory, then you'll see just Zero Two with no volume number; that is volume 1, which completes the two volume series.
Now Tamers is a different story. Only volume 1 is available on amazon. For some reason volumes 2, 3, and 4 don't even show up but although there is the option to purchase the entire Tamers 4 manga series, I just checked today for you, but the set is unavailable at the moment, so check periodically. The only confusing thing there is that there is some other Tamers volume for sale as an option, but it doesn't say a volume number, there is no picture, and the description if you click it only gives the summary of the the series as a whole, so I have no clue what is trying to be sold there. The only other thing Tamers wise is that eBay is selling volume 4- the ending- and that's it. Simply go to eBay.com, click books and type Digimon Tamers, and as of 4:05 AM eastern time on 9/14/08, there are only two volume 4's left.
I hope this information is of some use.

Shoopman

Well it's been a while, but I just finished Tamers. I noticed that when Beelzemon was newly digivolved, he went and blasted the crap out of a bunch of Chrysalimon. They then proceeded to come together and form a single Infermon (which he also blasted). So I was like "Um... why aren't they going crazy etc etc?" But I let it slide. Then when Calumon unleashed his digivolving light of justice, the Chrysalimon came together and formed 3 Diaboromon. Is there a reason why they didnt flip out and try to kill everyone? They look like an inherently evil digimon, and the movie definitely proved that.

So what's the deal? Did the writers get lazy, or did Calumon's light give everyone good intentions? Kind of a meaningless thing, but its kinda bugging me.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Are you talking about the fact Diaboromon = from the movie evils?

Remember that not all digimon are the same. IIRC the diaboromon in both movies are the same "one". Here that's not the case. A) It's different series. 8) They're not the SAME.

It's like saying all the Leomon who've died are the same one, they should react the same way! (Even though yes they technically have cause they all died but you get my point). One Dukemon in Frontier would not be the same as the Dukemon in Tamers or the Royal Knight.