Bass

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
He does get deleted in all of them, he has no relevance to the storyline at all, except for EXE2, so they can bring him back as much as they want.

Dengar

I don't know what games you've been playing, but Bass is only deleted in the final one, all the other times he just leaves after you defeat him.

Also, Bass was a major player in BN3.

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
BN2 he was a boss in the main storyline right before Gospel, but in BN3 he is a side-boss in the Secret Area, so technically he is only relevant to the story of BN2.

Dengar

No... In BN2 he was the optional boss of the optional area. In BN3 you fight Bass right before Alpha, not to mention he pops up all the time during its main story. He's also the final boss of every game's secret area.

And just because it's the secret area doesn't make it less canon.

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
Oh hell dude, you got me there, I forgot about him in BN3, been years since I beat that game, but in BN2, he is also in the final area, right before Gospel you must fight him because he is the prototype of bus frag fusion, or something like that.

faqcorner

Akai Shuichi;13497 said:
Oh hell dude, you got me there, I forgot about him in BN3, been years since I beat that game, but in BN2, he is also in the final area, right before Gospel you must fight him because he is the prototype of bus frag fusion, or something like that.

That one you fight right before Gospel is "Copy Bass", not the real one...:D

RollEXE

Um, what about in the anime? I never watched Beast +, so, um, if it's spoily, then I'd rather not hear it, 'cause I'm planning to finish the EXE one day....

cncko

Zero...
Siriously......have anyone here watched the movie(no spoilers)...and in the game he would be consider dead long time ago if u only include him in the main plot, but he is a bug frag thingy, so.....yea.and what happened between EXE and RnR is unexplainable...what i beleive is that they are just taken out and the net "evloved" in to wave roads....and they could also have no connection between the series at all.

who192

rnr fan
the technology got advanced too far and they got glitchy like topman in bn4 and they either rotted in bug frags or got killed by the denpa police

Dengar

Let me explain Bass's timeline. At least the way I see it, feel free to believe me or not:

Before the games:
-Cossak creates the self sufficient Navi, Bass.
-The current network becomes sentient, causing network problems all over the world.
-Bass is blamed for the network problems and is presumably deleted, but he manages to escape, and survives for years by absorbing the remains of broken viruses and navis.

Battle Network 1:

-Unknown, he does appear as a random encounter, but since it isn't a plot battle, not a lot can be said about it.

Battle Network 2:

-Angry at the idea of being copied, he invades the WWW server and deletes all of his copies.
-MegaMan and Bass fight for the first time in the WWW server.

Battle Network 3:

-Bass strikes an alliance with Dr. Wily to revive Alpha and destroy all humans.
-Bass is tricked by Wily into absorbing Alpha's guardian program which weakens him.
-Bass fights MegaMan in his weakened state but is absorbed by Alpha halfway through.
-As Alpha is being deleted, he somehow manages to escape by merging with the remains of either Gospel (I dunno how that happened, but it did), or a similar entity, but becomes fragmented as a result.
-Bass is restored to full power through a gathering of BugFrags. Having no prior memories, his only goal is to prove that he is the strongest. He fights MegaMan but is defeated. Unable to comprehend this, he disappears in search of power.

Battle Network 4:

-It's unknown when this happened, but I assume that during his search of power, he ran out of energy and turned to stone. Yeah I know, lame story.
-Bass is revived upon making contact with MegaMan's DarkSoul, but is defeated once more. He escapes, hinting that he's going to find a greater DarkPower.

Battle Network 5:

..errr I haven't completed my Bass Cross game in Double Team DS, so you'll have to forgive me for not having any data here. But I assume he's angry at MegaMan for mimicking him and tries to defeat him but fails. What I do know, is that the ChaosLord is a completely different entity that only mimicks Bass.

Battle Network 6:

-I dunno why, maybe he was tired or something, but he was sleeping in a grave, when MegaMan came by and awakened him... again. He fights and loses... Again.. And escapes... Again.
-Wanting revenge on MegaMan, he battles him again in the Network Graveyard, but loses again. He claims this to be the power of the Cybeast, and goes off to find power.
-He finds power by somehow absorbing remaining data of the Cybeast and attempts to defeat MegaMan again, he fights using all he has, and ends up being deleted at the hands of MegaMan. Seriously, this is no lie, there was the explodey deletion animation and all that never happened to Bass before except for that final moment.

Even if you view all of the secret areas and postgames as non-canon, Bass's story would end when he is absorbed by Alpha and subsequently deleted.

Animeman2

Letting life slip away...
Bass was realistically deleted, along with the rest of the navis and probably the entire network when the AM sages pushed the humans to develop wave technology and the wave roads. Capcom could probably find some way to bring him back much like how megaman in the first RnR game did, with a time portal of some sort, i suppose.
In any case, Capcom has decided to leave exe in the past and will probably leave it there until a time arises where they can continue the story.

Dengar

Continue what story?

Anyway, cameos are different from story enriching experiences... Well, if you can consider the Bass scenes as such anyway.