<strong>Forum Bot</strong><br />"Baccano!"
Chapter 01

Baccano!_v01_ch01_[DATS][Domo][6C8C9733].zip
File Size: 9.90MB
Release Date: October 9, 2008
Trigger: !bac01
Torrent: Click Here

Joint with Domo Scans
Visit their webpage here, or on IRC (#domoscans@irc.rizon.net)

Credits
Scanner: Koroku
Translator: elkin
Proofreader: Da-Manta-Ray
Cleaners: Koroku & Pirate1019
Typesetter: Luco
Re-Edit: Luco
Quality Check:
sheep.jpg

Comments
Brand new manga project brought to you by DATS and DomoScans! Enjoy!

Nameless

Thanks

Thanks for great work.

Waiting for the rest, as there is group of !Baccano fans in Russia who will translate your work into Russian as soon as you will release it.

Nameless

Okay, I'm rather new to all this translation stuff, and joining only for sake of thanslating !Baccano into native language.

Firstly and mostly, we're waitnig for your translation.
Unlike translation from Japanese we can do scans by ourselves.

But, sorry for noob-like question, why are you against using your scans if all your credits remain untouched?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Nameless;77130 said:
Okay, I'm rather new to all this translation stuff, and joining only for sake of thanslating !Baccano into native language.

Firstly and mostly, we're waitnig for your translation.
Unlike translation from Japanese we can do scans by ourselves.

But, sorry for noob-like question, why are you against using your scans if all your credits remain untouched?

Because we PURCHASED the manga from Japan. We spent REAL money on it. If you feel so inclined as to work on this series, please do the same or find the scans elsewhere.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Because it takes us weeks to work on the scans, making them as gorgeous as we can.

You're welcome to translate from them, we just want you to make your own scans and not use our files. :/

Nameless

Scar;77132 said:
Because we PURCHASED the manga from Japan. We spent REAL money on it. If you feel so inclined as to work on this series, please do the same or find the scans elsewhere.

Seems this is the difference in common logic between our countries.

When somebody here buys, scanlates and translates manga, he will have no complaints about people re-using his scanlations. Because, hell, he is already distributing manga translated by him for free to anyone willing to download.

Why make somebody other spend their money and effort? For something like commercial product it will be quite logical to hamper competition, but for something you're distributing for free it's quite odd if you ask me. What's the goal?

Okay, I'll abide by your rules. Lucky me, if I hadn't written my first post I wouldn't even think that I can somehow offend you by not scanning books myself.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
We distro for free for people to enjoy. All our editors put hours of work into making a chapter look ace. If a group wants to scanlate they should use their own raws.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Nameless;77134 said:
When somebody here buys, scanlates and translates manga, he will have no complaints about people re-using his scanlations. Because, hell, he is already distributing manga translated by him for free to anyone willing to download.

Why make somebody other spend their money and effort?
Because, hey, let's TRY and support the industry?

Manga isn't all that expensive. $15 a volume... not that much, and that's including shipping.

Nameless

Makoto;77142 said:
Because, hey, let's TRY and support the industry?

Strange argument from someone who takes part in process where one copy of manga is bought but then free version start circulating for anyone.

Makoto;77142 said:
Manga isn't all that expensive. $15 a volume... not that much, and that's including shipping.

Including shipping to your country. Add something around $80 to get it in place where we are living.

...well the price isn't really something like impenetrable barrier as long as it doesn't have fourth digit in dollars.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Yes, but that is one copy bought. And I do try and encourage people to buy the volumes themselves. You will occasionally see us link to places where it can be bought.

$80 for a single manga volume is absurd. SAL shipping (or something similar) should not be that much anywhere in the world. If you're going for overnight shipping or something, that's your own fault.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
Nameless;77146 said:
Strange argument from someone who takes part in process where one copy of manga is bought but then free version start circulating for anyone.

Actually it's not strange. People won't buy comics in a language they don't understand. So even if people stop scanlating manga and distribute for free, the current leechers will NOT buy too, because they don't understand what it's talking about!

Nameless

Makoto;77157 said:
$80 for a single manga volume is absurd. SAL shipping (or something similar) should not be that much anywhere in the world. If you're going for overnight shipping or something, that's your own fault.

Nope, no SAL Shipping for Russia.

http://www.sal-shipping.com/eng/wwide

No alternatives, either. People who want something from Japan delivered to Russia either overpay individual shipment or wait for acquaintance to go overseas.

So, even if I would encourage people to buy original here, few will follow my advice, cauz' it's expensive and finding a way to do it isn't easy too.

Futamaru;77216 said:
Actually it's not strange. People won't buy comics in a language they don't understand. So even if people stop scanlating manga and distribute for free, the current leechers will NOT buy too, because they don't understand what it's talking about!

Oh, that's right, didn't thought of that. Those who know Japanese might slack off and go with your free english version accidentally, but as Makoto said you're encouraging them not to do this.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Oh whatever already i'm getting sick to death of you already. The answer is still no so drop it.

Ps. Don't double post again.

Nameless

The answer is No and I agreed to it.

Now i'm just interested in common sense differences between countries. I'm actively visiting sites in many languages but never been to this countries personally.
And there is often some point of view which is mostly agrred in one country and mostly disagreed in another. Treatment of one's non-commercial achievments was one here. I've discussed for sake of understanding difference more fully.

Okay, i'm leaving and will not bother you anymore.
Still waiting for your !Baccano translation like hell, just to read it.