Any good games out?

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Any good games out?

Hi, I'm bored and ran out of games to play. Anybody know of a good game to play? I have a PS2 Wii PSP and a DS. I mainly like RPG. Any suggestions? (I'd list the games I own but that might take awhile).

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
It'd be easier if we knew what kind of games you've played and enjoyed the most.

I'll just say a few of my most favorite games. Most of them are platformers, as that's my favorite games genre.

God of War/2
Ratchet & Clank/2/3/4 (4 is more rpg-ish imo)
Jak & Daxter/2/3
Mario Kart DS
Klonoa 2
Okami
The Legend of Kay
Sly Cooper/2/3
Super Paper Mario (this has a hint of RPG)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii version)

And I would say Kingdom Hearts/2, but you've probably played that.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Out of the one's you listed I've played:
God of War/2
Mario Kart DS
Okami
The Legend of Kay
And Yeah I've played Kingdom Hearts/2

If it makes it easier here are some of the games I've played and liked:
Harvest Moon (all of them)
Zelda (all of them)
My Sims
Mario Party 8
Persona 3
Megaman Starforce
Baten Kaito's Origins
Some Sonic Games
Pokemon (Most of them)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass DS = best game out atm that i own
Sonic Rush Adventure - is semi decent (borrowed it)

Paradise_Lost

Any Shin Megami Tensei(Persona 3 is the latest) game - PS2
Kingdom Hearts\2 - PS2
Soul Calibur 3 - PS2
Disgaea 2 - PS2
Disgaea - PS2\PSP
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - DS

EDIT: Both Castlevania games for DS, Wario for DS and Wii and any Phoenix Wright game(GBA\DS).

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger

Why didn't anyone list Super Mario Galaxy? It's basically a given.

Metal Slug Anthology (Wii, PSP, PS2... I'd go with the PSP version if you can find it).
Zak and Wiki (Wii)
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Jeanne D'Arc (PSP)
Silent Hill 0rigins (PSP)
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PSP)

<<; Those are ones I can think of off hand...

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
I play mostly RPGs too, and I like to play them on the go so... the DS~ XD

-Digimon Story/Moonlight/Sunburst (Digimon World DS in the US... why didn't anyone mention 8D)
-Luminous Arc (tactics RPG, has voices)
-Summon Night Twin Edge: Seireitachi no Kyoumei is a LOT of fun (plays a lot like Ragnarok Online except that the huge mass of melee/magic class skills are divided between your two main characters xD), but no plans for a US version like most other Summon Night games, sadly. Anyone should be able to play this one easily without any Japanese knowledge though. or use a guide if you really need it
-FFXII: Revenant Wings just came out in the US. I have the Japanese version again... I loved it. xD
-There's a Fire Emblem coming up for DS (finally)... sometime in the future. D:~

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
PS2:
Guilty Gear X2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. (best freakin' game series ever, next to...)
Anything Megaman X! :p None of this Star Force junk!
Devil May Cry
Katamari Damacy (Because it's just freakin' fun!)

SP/DS:
Megaman Zero
Sonic Advance 1 & 2 & Rush
Any Castlevania game is liable to be awesome.
I'll admit to liking the first 6 Final Fantasy games too.

(I don't like standard turn-based RPGs, can you tell? lol)

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
PrimoPiccolo;16491 said:
Speaking of which, didn't the sequel just come out in Japan a couple of days ago? He could import that.

She. Girls do play games you know.

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
Splash;16469 said:
-Digimon Story/Moonlight/Sunburst (Digimon World DS in the US... why didn't anyone mention 8D)

I know. I love this game! It's so awesome!

Quatre Winner

For RPG junkies, go look at the Tales games. I've played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia, as well as about half of Tales of Phantasia, and they're all really fun. The battles handle almost like Smash Brothers, but with the exeption of Legendia and Phantasia (and pretty much all of the Tales games that were released before Symphonia) you play on a 3D battlefield, and it's really fast paced so it's good for the manic people out there. The stories are very compelling and draw you in, run you around a marathon course, and spit you back out feeling like you don't know what you just played, it's that good, and even I, the crossover writer who can predict a lot of plot twists, couldn't see these twists coming. As far as replayability, the game doesn't end when you beat the games. Load up a new game on your old file, buy some nifty extras like x2 experience, and go through the game again! Some things can only be accessed on your second playthrough like extra dungeons.

Yeah... you can tell I like the Tales games, huh? XD Tales of Symphonia is for the Gamecube, Abyss and Legendia are for the PS2, and there's a PSP game called Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology which has my inner crossover fangirl squeeing madly, because it has characters from every Tales game ever made in a new storyline.

Also: Super Mario Galaxy. Play it. It's awesome XD I just spend five hours yesterday playing it and my wrist was hurting.

GSR

That one guy
I'm now going to go ahead and advertise two of the best DS games out there that most people pass up.

Trauma Center: Under the Knife and Phoenix Wright both sound ridiculous at first but are actually amazing games. UtK is more action/arcade-ish, while PW is more plot-based. I warn you though, they'll be tough to find these days (though the new TC game just came out on the Wii.)

Oh, and LifeSigns: Surgical Unit (for the DS) is a mix of the two but definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, so you may wish to give that a pass and just go for the originals.

Tcatomon

Kaitou_Yahiko;16597 said:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo
That I do. But all forum members are assumed male because girls have lives.

A life? Where can I download one of those?

Oooh! Ooh! I heard about those! Can I get one too? Torrent plz! D:

kage113

Smile. Destroy. Repeat.
Eh, well I just started playing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and I love it! It's for the DS. Maybe you can try it.

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
kage113;18379 said:
Eh, well I just started playing Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and I love it! It's for the DS. Maybe you can try it.

I rec'ed that earlier. It's worth trying for sure.

I've also been playing the Phoenix Wright games lately and would add to GSR's rec for that.

And some new RPGs... the new Gintama DS and Tales of Innocence, but those are in Japanese only and no signs of US releases. ^^;;

Tcatomon

I had my doubts about Phoenix Wright when I started playing it.. I just finished the first game and plan to steal 2 & 3 off the friend who loaned me the first one XD I love it!

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Quatre Winner;16509 said:
For RPG junkies, go look at the Tales games. I've played Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia, as well as about half of Tales of Phantasia, and they're all really fun. The battles handle almost like Smash Brothers, but with the exeption of Legendia and Phantasia (and pretty much all of the Tales games that were released before Symphonia) you play on a 3D battlefield, and it's really fast paced so it's good for the manic people out there. The stories are very compelling and draw you in, run you around a marathon course, and spit you back out feeling like you don't know what you just played, it's that good, and even I, the crossover writer who can predict a lot of plot twists, couldn't see these twists coming. As far as replayability, the game doesn't end when you beat the games. Load up a new game on your old file, buy some nifty extras like x2 experience, and go through the game again! Some things can only be accessed on your second playthrough like extra dungeons.

Yeah... you can tell I like the Tales games, huh? XD Tales of Symphonia is for the Gamecube, Abyss and Legendia are for the PS2, and there's a PSP game called Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology which has my inner crossover fangirl squeeing madly, because it has characters from every Tales game ever made in a new storyline.

Also: Super Mario Galaxy. Play it. It's awesome XD I just spend five hours yesterday playing it and my wrist was hurting.

Yay! Tales comrade! XD Yes, the Tales of series games are extrememly fun and all have a touching story, including lots of character development and interaction. Im currently playing Tales of Legendia and Tales of Phantasia, I passed Symphonia and Abyss twice...and I also finished Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology for PSP.

I also suggest Zelda: Twlight Princess....interesting game...I have it for Gamecube since I dont have a Wii...but since you got Wii, you could get the Wii version.

And maybe for Wii, Fire Emblam (sp?) ...I havent played it but my friend loves those kind of games.