Another AMV Contest!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Another AMV Contest!

So everyone should remember our AMV contest for the first opening of Digimon Savers.

Well, we want to do it again. However, it'll be slightly different! This time it's headed up mainly by the GRN subsite, where all the entries will be hosted afterwards.

This time, the goal to to AMV to the opening song of Ryuusei no Rockman - Heart Wave, as a tribute to the series. You can use clips from episodes 1-55.

The winner will receive a copy of the first volume of the Japanese manga!

The AMV will either replace the opening in the final episode, or will be released separately. This part hasn't been decided on yet. Some people were annoyed by the AMV in Savers 29, and we don't want to annoy people again. ^^

There will be a karaoke specially made for the video.

If you're interested, feel free to start working. HQ raws for 1-50 have been put out by darkside-raws, and if you need an episode we'll have no problem uploading it somewhere for you!

I really hope to see some good entries, as the contest is open to everyone, including staff, except for the upper staff (Super Moderators, Sub-Administrators, and Administrators), who will be deciding on the winner. ^^

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions!!

Deadline is October 31st.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I would join up, but I don't watch Rockman. ;_; Oh well, I know Hagaren will do anything to make an AMV. :)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Kazemon15;11427 said:
I would join up, but I don't watch Rockman. ;_; Oh well, I know Hagaren will do anything to make an AMV. :)

Is that supposed to be a compliment? XD

Yeah, I'll probablly enter. I'll need to figure out what eps I need, then get ahold of the raws... and I mgith not do it until after I finish my current AMV. I dunno. Is there a deadline?

GSR

That one guy
I would enter this, but

a. I wouldn't be able to accept the prize
b. I'm not that good at this sort of thing
and c. I'd be too tempted to make it into a rickroll. Or Subaru/Warrock. Or both. God damn you homosexual undertones in RnR30, god damn you.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Would I able to crop out your subs rather that download raws? I'm running out of computer space and am unable to burn CDs to get rid of stuff. I'd really prefer to NOT download raws right now.

Attached picture will give an idea what the cropped-ness will look like.

THERE WERE SUBS BUT THEY ARE GONE. D:

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Scipio;11664 said:
But then the resolution gets all messed up :x
It stretches slightly to fill the screen, if that's what you're worried about. Or maybe you'ree worried because it stretches... :x

Infinity-X

遊んで火災、痛い
I'm going to enter this definently. I am good at making AMVs. When exactly is the deadline though?

Knightman

1 of the Crest of Duo
i suggest people doing this should download from freezecracker because torrents take way too long.

Subaru/Rockman

#1 Rockman Fan
ok i just got my windows movie maker to work i'm nervus cuz i've never made a AMV before but i will try (although it will prob suck ^_^;) well i will still try and hope i will win :)

---

OK since i'm new to AMV's and wasnt in the 1st AMV contest i dont really no wat to do can some1 explain step by step on wat i'm supossed to do

GSR

That one guy
Subaru/Rockman;11770 said:
OK since i'm new to AMV's and wasnt in the 1st AMV contest i dont really no wat to do can some1 explain step by step on wat i'm supossed to do

Basically, you take clips from various scenes from the anime, remove the sound on them, and replace the sound with the music you want (in this case, the OP.) Then you just arrange the clips as you want.

faqcorner

question:

you say we can use episodes 1-55

where can I get the RAWS for episodes 31-55, cause I can't find any >_> please point me in the right direction >_>

faqcorner

Subaru/Rockman;11865 said:
well then i have 2 more questions where do i get the raw epis and how do i remove the sound on the clips?

1) no idea
2) I think in WMM you right click on it and find Mute somewhere....ughh or something like that (or it was on the top toolbar...