1980's / 1990's cartoons

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
1980's / 1990's cartoons

It's amazing what you do when bored at work. Well we started talking cartoons from the 80's / early 90's.

It's odd that some themes were concidered acceptable back then.

Dogtanian and the Muskehounds - the shootings

Alfred J. Kwak (that is who is in my current avatar) - there an Adolf Hitler type character as the bad guy (damn right obvious) political statements!

Of course there was "message" shows:
- Captain Planet
- Raggy Dolls

Other random shows i remember are:
- Animals of Farthing Wood
- Penny Crayon
- Trap Door
- Sharkey & George
- Wacky Races
- Dasterdly + Muttley

It feels like my youth has just gone woosh left, gone, obliterated when i see some of the stuff today.

Share your memories.

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
There were some great cartoons late 80's early 90's. Inspector Gadget (which was a cartoon version of Get Smart) DuckTales, Goof Troop... Man I feel nistalgic all the sudden! Sonic the Hedgehog, Bonkers, Darkwing Duck, Turtles...

But the best shows of the time were Live Action Nick shows
Salute Your Shorts, Family Double Dare, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Welcome Freshmen, Clarissa, Hey Dude...

And, FTW, i have 5 words for you:
Legends Of The Hidden Temple. <3

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
SPEED RACER! That was my favorite. Voltron, dexter's lab, captain planet, looney tunes, tiny tunes, pokemon, courage the cowardly dog, swat cats, cow and chicken, etc.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I would make a list of all the shows I watched and really liked, but it'd take too long. lol

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
o_o Where you live Vande? I've never even HEARD of those shows before... well.. except Captain Planet.

I can't say there's any shows that have really made me nostalgic.. shows like Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, Freakazoid, Sonic SatAM, TMNT, and Mario Super Show are already on DVD. Pretty much everything I grew up with is out there or I've tracked down online or VHS since (Bucky o Hare ftw!). XD;

Beetlejuice.. for the love of gawd I canNOT find it online ANYWHERE for download.

I don't feel like my childhood has 'whooshed' away, I lived it to the fullest and I'm still in my first childhood despite my age. .. I just think the cartoons of today are retarded and aren't worth watching. They're not funny or silly, they're just down right terrible :/

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Tcatomon;51070 said:
o_o Where you live Vande? I've never even HEARD of those shows before... well.. except Captain Planet.

England.

I wouldn't say Power Rangers is a cartoon either.

AoBfrost

Mii-Chan's #1 fan!
Wacky races used to be so cool, the cars could fly, turn into submarines, and have booby traps. It was like speed racer, but with all hanna barbara cartoon characters

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Does old anime count? XDD

Well, Sailor Moon is a fav...
And I'm not sure, but I think Scooby Doo was around in the 70s, wasnt it? :confused:; ...well it was still on cartoon network for a long long time. Care Bears and My Little Pony as well... can't forget Rainbow Bright......... man, what happened to me? XD Anything my sister watched, I basically watched, she was born in 1978, so she had to see cartoons in the 80s right? lol.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Kazemon15;51496 said:
But...but...isnt Speed Racer an anime? XD Or maybe it's an american adaptiion of something animeish, like Transformers...

Never saw it so i dunno