Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters

I've noticed that there hasn't been a Yu-Gi-Oh project on DATS before. There aren't a lot of fansub groups willing to do this.

As far as I know, there aren't any official subbed episodes in North America (I mean, come on. After what 4Kids did to it, you'd think they'd stop it completely.)

I don't have all the raws, but according to this link, there are about 70% of the raws available. (At least 01 to 14 and 30 to 42 are consecutively available, and I doubt we'll get above that level anyway. But if we do, I'll find a way to get the raws. Don't worry. ;-))

Since episodes 01 to 33 are already subbed, I don't think those ones are the ones we should aim for.

But it'll be a pretty big project... 224 episodes (minus the first 32 and the last 32, gives us 160, but that's still a lot) and Yu-Gi-Oh, for me as a QC, would be about 5% considering all the other time-wasting I have to do. (I might be able to push it up to 20% by reallocating my time, but I don't want fansubbing to get in the way of other things.)

So, what do you think?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
None of the staff are interested in YGO... that's why it's never even been brought up. 5D's was a running joke of maybe doing it, but yeah...

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Makoto;71889 said:
None of the staff are interested in YGO... that's why it's never even been brought up. 5D's was a running joke of maybe doing it, but yeah...

Ah. Is Yu-Gi-Oh bad or something?

...I think GX is beong done somewhere, so I won't worry about that. And Ravegrl's website has subs for all the episodes anyway, but a lot of them are from bootlegged DVD's.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I would have been interested, but I quit a week ago :p

A running joke? I was 100% serious that it might happen~

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
There are more YGO subs out there than you think - i happen to know that every single one of them has already been subbed and i belong to the forum where they are too :p

You can find them here
GX can be found here
ShadowGames can be found here
5Ds can be found here

(and yes Yami Vande is me)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Vande;71921 said:
There are more YGO subs out there than you think - i happen to know that every single one of them has already been subbed and i belong to the forum where they are too :p

You can find them here
GX can be found here
ShadowGames can be found here
5Ds can be found here

(and yes Yami Vande is me)

Thank you very much Vande... you are my new god XD

No, just kidding. But seriously, thanks a lot. :D

Wait, what... these are the exact same links I found on ravegrl's website... some of them are the DVDrip subs from the Hong Kong DVD.

But the GX ones are ones I don't have, so the thanks is still there.

Draco Ryuu

you can find some of the torrent links here http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/index.html?filter=Yu-Gi-Oh! for some of GX and 5D's, but I belive that they are the ones that were brodcast on tv. There are some other sites that are doing them, but I can't remember all of them. I've also just been buying the english/chineese sub version off the net, (of GX for right now) even if the english from chineese subbing is alittle bad, beacuse they get the names wrong sometimes.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Draco Ryuu;72252 said:
I've also just been buying the english/chineese sub version off the net, (of GX for right now) even if the english from chineese subbing is alittle bad, beacuse they get the names awrong sometimes.

The English from Chinese subs would be the HK DVD rips?

Don't buy those, that's actually supporting real piracy. Instead, get them from fansubs and places where they're available for free, or buy them from an official source (of which there is none.) I really do hate it when people buy products from an unofficial, unauthorized source. Not only is it (nearly unquestionably) illegal, but it's also stupid when there are even less costly and more questionably illegal methods (i.e. BitTorrent).

Draco Ryuu

that's true, but also some of the ones that I buy eather nobody is fansubbing them or if someone is they have only done afew episodes and then stalled, droped, or never updated everagain, or in the case of one that I really like they say that it is bilengual, with english as one of the subtitled languages, but it's not (I'm really wanting to yell at the subbers from that group beacuse of false advertising).