You and Your Digimon

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
You and Your Digimon

I know that there are a lot of these "What if" threads floating around, but for the sake of discussion I'm trying a new one that's hopefully not too repetative.

Suppose you had a digimon partner in the same fashion as the kids of Adventure, Tamers, and Savers. Forget its species and evolution (though you're free to mention it), what do you think your relationship would be with him/her? What would your digimon's personality be like and how would it match or clash with yours? Knowing yourself and the kind of partner-personality that has the most potential to bring out the best in you, what do you think you'd wind up with? Would he/she have a personality just like yours, sharing your good points and bad points like Taichi/Masaru and Agumon? Would your digimon be a calming voice when you lose your temper or feel uncertain, like Miyako and Hawkmon or Yoshino and Raramon? Would he/she share a more formal relationship with you and faithfully follow your every command, like Ruki and Renamon or Touma and Gaomon? Or maybe your digimon would have the very opposite personality from you, teaching you to loosen up or to restrain yourself from acting inappropriately, like Jou and Gomamon or Mimi and Palmon.

What do you think?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
That's a really difficult question. xD

I have almost all of the good and bad parts of Sora's personality, so I imagine my partner would be somewhat like Piyomon; lovey-dovey and loyal and kind of silly. My favorite Digimon is HippoGryphomon (with Midorikawa Hikaru's voice :3), so there's also that, if that proves anything.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Me and guolmon are kinda opposites. I'm feeling very emo right now (I'm not an emo, just feel it) and he's like Takato's Guilmon. He'd be my yin to my yang and together we'd learn from each other to be both serious and light-hearted.

Man, I wish I were with guilmon now, I want something fun to happen.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Nice question.

The way I always thought about it, my Kotemon would be a wise Digimon, doling out mysticisms in the way of the Samurai kind of like DC Comics' Karate Kid. So whenever I don't have an answer for something, he could fill in the blanks some kind of way.

Needless to say, we'd get along quite well.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I'd want someone who could just be there for me, hang out, and generally have a good time. Sort of the Ken/Wormmon aspect you see in the second half of 02; partners and friends (plus Wormmon's just adorible. *_* He strikes me as the kind that would be content either hanging out with friends or with me alone). He's not as.. uppity as most of the other digimon from the seasons either.
Asuming day to day life would continue normally and not turn into a Digimon episode mind you. If I got sucked into the Digital world I'd probably go for more of a fighter-type that knew what he was doing oo; (Flamdramon ... *drool*)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Ooooh, now *that* is a good question.

I can either be a mildly fun, very random guy, or pretty quiet. I suppose my Digimon would be like me a bit. Laid back, not really talkative. Someone who I could gripe, and I'd totally hear him out too. We'd support each other in our own, bizzare way. Meybe he'd (or she'd) loosen up a bit and I'd shape up a bit, heh.

(My opinion might be biased because I want Gaomon...)

celestial_sacred

Since a Digimon will be one's life partner (not including Ryou), I think my Digimon is one that knows how to talk when needed and shut up when it's necessary. XD I get annoyed easily if one talks *too* much when I'm not in the mood, but I feel awkward when one doesn't talk if it's quiet around. >_> And also my Digimon and I understands each other well (like Taichi and Zero). We solve our problems together and share our joy and sadness together.. Something like that. I would like a cuddly child Digimon! *squee!!* And anything ranging from cool to mesmerizing adult-perfect-ultimate Digimon..! *drools*

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
EASY, Guilmon. When I'm not working or at school, I always want to be having fun. Having Guilmon... Well I AM Takato... lol... I'm named Takato for a reason, lol. We would be a perfect match ^^

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
To answer my own question, I would want someone similar to me in aspects of taste and preference, but opposite in temper. I have a tendency to fly off the handle, so it would be good to have a digimon that could keep a level head. I'd also want him to be a listener, one of those super-loyal digimon whose biggest priority would be to keep me from being lonely, because I am a loner and often feel that way. I think that's what would be best for me.

If we were in a fighting situation, I would -most- like to have a subserviant digimon like Renamon or Gaomon who would follow my commands. It would force me to think on my feet and learn faster about how to strategize during battle, and it would also boost my confidence in myself to see someone with such faith in me.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Gaomon;18220 said:
To answer my own question, I would want someone similar to me in aspects of taste and preference, but opposite in temper. I have a tendency to fly off the handle, so it would be good to have a digimon that could keep a level head. I'd also want him to be a listener, one of those super-loyal digimon whose biggest priority would be to keep me from being lonely, because I am a loner and often feel that way. I think that's what would be best for me.

If we were in a fighting situation, I would -most- like to have a subserviant digimon like Renamon or Gaomon who would follow my commands. It would force me to think on my feet and learn faster about how to strategize during battle, and it would also boost my confidence in myself to see someone with such faith in me.

From your description, it really sounds like it'd be Renamon for you. She was usually level headed and always listened to Rika's problems in the earlier eps.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Johnzaloog;18221 said:
From your description, it really sounds like it'd be Renamon for you. She was usually level headed and always listened to Rika's problems in the earlier eps.

Heh, at least someone with her -personality-. Much as I like Renamon, I'm more of a dog person myself...species-wise, I'd hope for a Gaomon.

(Though I know there is many a fanboy who would love to be told that they'd get poor Renamon...)

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Gaomon;18227 said:
(Though I know there is many a fanboy who would love to be told that they'd get poor Renamon...)

PrimoPiccolo;18230 said:
I still have trouble understanding that desire...

What's wrong with it? She's definetly the most mature rookie/child digimon I've ever seen, and she's half fox. Pretty cool?

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Do NOT tell me you're one of them.

I mean, I like foxy girls, but getting kissyface with an animal? There are scary websites that delve into that territory...

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
PrimoPiccolo;18236 said:
Do NOT tell me you're one of them.

I mean, I like foxy girls, but getting kissyface with an animal? There are scary websites that delve into that territory...

nah, I'm not one of Them. I have never actually met one of them. I just kinda like her is all. There are better though.

2chaotic

Future bestselling author
I would want a partner that would complement my style, but oppose my pessimism. Someone who would be like me in every way, except they would challenge my thinking.

They would have to be an intellectual, cunning digimon to handle a person like me.

I'm not exactly sure which combo(s) were like that....

Yuki2

Hearts Beywiki
I dunno. I think an 'evil' digimon would be cool as a partner, as long as he wasn't hardcore evil (like Antylamon was). I'm asking for a bit here, though, so...

Out of my group of friends, I'm the more sensible one. I tend to be more serious about things, but I have a sense of humor.

So, my ideal partner would probably also have a sense of humor, but not as serious, and rather than being sensible, he/she would be intuitive.
I'm also an animal person, so a dog/cat/rabbit/furred creature would be great.

While fighting, I'd prefer speed and stealth over brute force. Defense is always a plus, but not needed if I'm fast enough. Melee or Long-range, it makes no difference to me.

That said, I'd like a digimon like:
Gaogamon (not Gaomon), because Gaogamon is similar to a Husky dog, and I get along with my huskies great (that and Gaogamon is very fast, and Champions rule), or
BlackGargomon, because he is very stealthy but quick. He is also a dog. >w<

Although, Pandamon seems awesome.

Elecmon

I'm kind of a cautious person, always looking before I leap and standing back when things look too dangerous. My partner would probably be a lot more courageous than me, being hot headed and anxious to jump into action.

I'm kind of a goof ball so my partner would either have the same stupid sense of humor or be totally lost by my jokes. Since I figure a partner shouldn't really be the same as you aside from a few qualities, it would be caring but at the same time aloof.