Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Ah, I figured something like that was happening.

Yeah, I finally started a digimon fic I had been wanting to write for years and got nostalgic. Thus, here I am. By the way... where'd the forum skins go? Did y'all move recently as well?
we switched to xenforo about... 2 years ago? we don't really have any custom skins now.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Aww, that's a shame. I loved the digimon one. It's always easier to feel at home in a forum when it's got a more personalized layout.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Aww, that's a shame. I loved the digimon one. It's always easier to feel at home in a forum when it's got a more personalized layout.
we don't have anyone willing to make one. the most we've done is add the dats logo

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
I see. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with this forum style, so I'm not sure what I'd need to get together. That, and I don't exactly claim to be an artist, either. I've got like, no photoshop skills. ^-^;

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So... has anyone thought about re-purposing the site? That is to say, revamp what we do to try and get some new blood?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
this was actually a discussion yesterday... i'm open to ideas.

i pay nearly a grand a year to support this site, so i'd like to see something happen with it.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, if you don't mind catching me up, how goes the fansub effort? Do we do enough of that to be able to start promoting ourselves as a fansub group? Or should we shift into a fansite for the wikis run out of here?

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Fansubbing goes nowhere. We could always finish Deltora Quest... but -effort- -lazy- -etc-.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
None of us have time for fansubbing, and nor would we really have time to do any sort of fansite.

Anything would really have to be based out of the forums themselves.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Oh, there's always the choco movie too... Movies are easier than TV shows too...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
okay, switch to the "Gaogamon" theme...! it's basic but it has a Digimon!

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
A forum based on itself will die rather quickly. We need a theme to attract members, and the best way to do that is to tie it into the wikis run out of DATS. That's how I wound up back here - I was doing research for my fanfic, click on forums to see if there was any chatter in the wiki forums, and was surprised to be back here. So I signed in and said hi.

Without a theme to keep me here, though, it's likely I'll drift away in a week or so. :/

I suppose we could start by restructuring the forums into sections for each fandom. Since we're not doing fansubs anymore, all of that can safely go into a single archive forum showcasing the history of dats, probably filed under the General Discussion forum category.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Ugh I know your pain. I was working twice my normal hours all summer until about a week ago, so I'm finally getting downtime. Hope the month treats you nicely and hope your trip is great though!
Thanks. You understand my pain! lol. Well, to be fair, though, my coworker will probably have to take over the classes I teach, if it doesn't conflict with his schedule. Like for some of his lessons I can't do them because they overlap with mine, so they'll bring in another teacher from one of the other branches.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
There is only one wiki, and it's never drove any traffic into the forums.