Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
we're back up to 17gb open.

@Skr

Can you please clear out a couple of your dvd isos? :)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
this is the best old man shota

Nicosia_Shota.jpg

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
I feel like this movie would be better if this wasn't actually set in the One Piece universe....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
This guy is good at making movies, just I feel like he wants to do his own ideas, so he's crowbarring it into this licensed movie or something.

I think he did something really similar with Digimon as well. Wasn't Our War Game and Summer Wars incredibly similar? Just Summer Wars was him taking the thing and finally having full control of stuff?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
This guy is good at making movies, just I feel like he wants to do his own ideas, so he's crowbarring it into this licensed movie or something.

I think he did something really similar with Digimon as well. Wasn't Our War Game and Summer Wars incredibly similar? Just Summer Wars was him taking the thing and finally having full control of stuff?
basically. xD

But not really.

I mean, I will ADMIT there are MANY common elements between Our War Game and Summer Wars, but yeah, he basically further expanded on the themes more in Summer Wars. And better music. I mean, I can sit there and list 1000 parallels between the two movies, but eh. (some of which were artistic similarities, but the girl who lept through time had the same artistic similarities; but yes, plot-wise, underlying-theme-wise, Summer War Game, basically.)

But honestly, pretty sure he used franchises as a sort of stepping stone to get his name out there to be able to direct his own original movies.