What's Your favourite boardgame?

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
What's Your favourite boardgame?

My fave boardgame is a Talisman - Magia i Miecz (Magic and Sword). During 1983 (my birth year) Games Workshop made a Talisman boardgame. Soon they made 2nd Edition, which was colored (first edition were black and white), wording of one card (Wand) were changed as well as a Command Spell (now it affects all players not single one). Generally, in this place You're rolling a dice and move Your character by number of space at dice. Then usually You draw a number of Adventure (later with expansions - others, like Timescape or City cards) cards and You're doing instruction written at them. Goal is going to Inner Region and to Crown of Command. However You need a Talisman, if You want to go to that space.

Why at the beginning I said about "Magia i Miecz"? Talisman 1st and 2nd editions were popular not only in Great Britain but in other countries, like Japan, Germany, Israel or Poland as well. All versions, except for Polish one, were almost identical like original one. Polish one, named "Magia i Miecz", were strongly different. Everything was changed, except for Rules (not always as well). Board (few spaces were changed, so were harder than in Talisman), images, card texts - everything based from 1st edition. Almost anyone, who ever saw Polish and original edition, would say - Polish is the best edition of Talisman. It was released at 1991 by "Biuro Promocji i Reklamy Fantastyki: Sfera". Additionally, Poland had one exclusive expansion - Jaskinia (The Cave). When BPiRF Sfera lost license, they made a clone of MiM - Magiczny Miecz (Magical Sword). It wasn't a success like "Magia i Miecz", but even now, there is plenty of Poles, who like it more than a MiM. It has everything different, next set of new images, card names, keywords, board had new additional Region, expansions (which more or less were based at Talisman ones, but not all of them and usually enough were changed for not counting as a direct plagiarism). Only Jaskinia were a little changed and new expansion - Krypta Upiorów (Spectres's Crypt) were made.

After 2nd edition, Games Workshop made third edition. I don't want use bad words, because probably all of them would be changed due to filter but it wasn't good. Wasn't IMO. It has three expansions, two of them gave two new boards and Inner Region were changed to Warlock Tower (third expansion upgraded it a little). But images were ugly and ugly and once again - ugly! Also textx of known cards (from 2nd Ed) were a little changed and usually in minus. As a titibit, I may say two years ago, were released a homebrew GameBoy Advance game based at third Edition. Because of ToS I cannot distribute it, so don't ask. I only may show few screens from it:

talisman_ingame3.png
talisman_ingame2.png
talisman_ingame1.png

One year ago, Black Industries released a 4th edition. It was based at 2nd edition but it has very few changes. I dunno, what to say more about it. Big board, new images, still 2nd ED. They planned an expansion to it but finally they stopped releasing everything, except for books.

After that, Fantasy Flight Games got a license for it. They released a copy of 4th Edition, named Talisman 4th Revised Edition. It also had few changes, mostly in Rules and cards, but especially one - Fate Points (possibility to reroll a dice). BI's 4th Edition was released only in Great Britain, while 4th Revised Edition in many other countries - in Poland as well. Polish edition is a special edition among others. Only it has a subtitle - Talisman - Magia i Miecz. Japan edition isn't using translated and pasted scripts but it has printed in their own language. In total, there is 10 international editions of Talisman 4.5 (commonly, it is called as 4.5). Also before Christmas, GB players were able to but first expansion to it - The Reaper (which bring a Reaper card, which is played by all players).
Polish version, Magia i Miecz, has a big history too, but I don't want make You sleepy, so maybe someday..

What's Your fave boardgame?