Weird computer problem

Sir Kibbles

Weird computer problem

So I was watching a video on youtube, a dragonball z movie when all of a sudden a woman comes on my speakers and says a "Yo momma is so fat" joke. During the joke I paused the video and it kept playing. I had nothing else open. Weird thing is, similar things have happened but its been commercials for stuff. Does anyone know what it could be?

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
Did it first happen when you watched Dbz?
Try to scan your PC for viruses, maybe it´s one?

GSR

That one guy
It's not a virus, your speaker's picking up radio. Happens all the time to me, though more often if I have the bass booster on.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Check to see if there's any flash based ads on the pages you have open too. There's two stupid ones I get alot with "Congradulations, you've just won two free iPod nanos", first time I heard it it freaked me the heck out. There's also one I got earlier with a 360. They outright piss me off >_<

*Could* also be your speakers picking up radio waves, but if it's saying the same thing over and over at random intervals I highly doubt it (unless your radio stations around you say "your momma" jokes 24/7 oo; ). Plus I've never had my speakers pick up anything other than faint whispers in the background of whatever I have blasting.

Virus? Maybe, I wont rule it out completely, but my first guess goes to the ads. Next time you hear it take note of the stupid flashy banners around the page, most of the time they're related...something like that might be "joke of the day, click here".. or even a bunch of emoticons. :-O

Sir Kibbles

Its defiantly not the ads that say things. Its happened before with nothing but AIM open. but there was no ad playing on my buddy list window at the time.

GSR

That one guy
Judging by the commercials you mentioned I'm going with the radio station guess. Next time it happens turn off your speakers and plug in some headphones and see if it persists.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Sir Kibbles;18262 said:
Its defiantly not the ads that say things. Its happened before with nothing but AIM open. but there was no ad playing on my buddy list window at the time.

Oshi-- yeah, AIM has a HORRIBLE tendancy to have voice ads that wont die even after installing something like Ad hack or DeadAIM. All they do is kill it from showing, not actually disabling the ad. I'm still running version 5.3 because of that. (plus the newer AIMs look and run like butt D: )