Vande's Absence

Jedi_Amara

Penguin
Vande's Absence

Vande is caught up in the floods in northern England (you may have seen it on the news - a few people have died and the floods are massive). She asked me to let you know that she has no power and they have no idea how long the terrible weather will last, so she'll be absent until further notice.

Hope she's OK.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
we currently have power again (although things may get a LOT worse)
i am ok - i had to wade through a river to get home last night but at least i made it - some people as JA mentioned didn't.

I am somewhat well but don't know how long we will have power as a dam in a city is ready to break.

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
Glad everything is OK. Sheffield got hit pretty bad from what I've been watching.

You're forecast for more tomorrow as well. Good luck with that. :)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Yuki2;3493 said:
Dang, be careful then.
If the dam breaks, will there need to be an evacuation?

For me no as i don't think that it will hit Sheffield all that bad - but the power station is so damn close to it so power grid will more than likely go if that happens a few days of power outages will more than likely occur.

But we have more heavy rain on the way so i expect something to happen.

(the anime shop was flooded from the pics i've now seen)

Also i suspect Ainz maybe in the same boat so to speak as he also lives in Sheffield.

Ainz

Yep, same problems. It took me more than 8 hours to get back home from the city center (had to walk through half of Hillsborough) . Tragically, I lost a friend who was amongst one of the people confirmed killed during the flooding.

Akira

People
Floods are scary and I have only ever been in a small one. Hope your ok Vande.

I'm glad I don't live in the North and I sure hope the flooding doesn't reach the south. Or my family in Nottingham for that matter.

Oh Ainz, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
I'm really sorry to hear that Ainz. Hope you're holding up OK.

Hopefully the worst of this is over for you guys.

amigobro2

Sorry about your loss Ainz, that's an absolute tragedy. I really hope you two will both be safe until this disaster passes over.

Take care of yourselves!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ainz;3502 said:
Yep, same problems. It took me more than 8 hours to get back home from the city center (had to walk through half of Hillsborough) . Tragically, I lost a friend who was amongst one of the people confirmed killed during the flooding.

The 14yr old lad? woa 8hrs took me 3 to walk from town but i was not stopping to watch the rivers, it was dangerously high at Hillsborough corner so thought screw it just keep legs going.

At least you're ok as well.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
update to the power situation - they are going to be switching the power off for up to 3 hours in some areas so that is going to be a pain in the ass.

I am currently at work and we can't do much.

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
Scipio;3592 said:
That's horrible to hear... best of luck guys :S

Yea, & really sorry Ainz.

Really weird weather this year. Major Floods And Droughts. We haven't had a good rain where I live in months. It's crazy how in one part of the world there can be unbareable drought and yet in another massive floods.

celestial_sacred

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Ainz.. It's really sad..

After the heavy rains, my place hasn't had one for the past week. I hope all will end well for Vande and Ainz, and also to those who are also facing disasters like these.

Lionessmon

Good luck to both of you. The weather is showing no signs of changing neither here or in the UK. Luckily so far we only had flooded roads last week. Hope two see you to back soon.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
it's just started to rain here - not as heavy but that is due tomorrow and sat