Translation needed (Japanese)

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Translation needed (Japanese)

ho shi wa daki ageru te wo

I must translate that as soon as possible. Unfortunatelly i haven't that in Kanji but Romaji. Thanks for help.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Sorry, but it would be helpful if you did have the Kanji for this so we can figure out the meaning.

Hoshi has multiple meanings, although, the first one that comes to mind for me is "star".

Daki has more than one meaning.

Ageru has more than one meaning, even though the first thing that comes to mind for me with ageru is "to give".

The only thing I know of for "te" is "hand".

Thirdmaster

Hourai Doll
Sis's translation:

Hoshi = star
wa daki = something like to hold or embrace
ageru = give
te = hand

(Something like...... give the hand that embraces the star?(-__- I'm guessing......)

so... what's behind the "wo?"

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Is that type of particle supposed to come at the end of a sentence like that? Is this a song lyric by chance?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Translation: The star in the hand that lifts it up

Daki ageru (抱き上げる) is a compound verb that means "to raise up." The 'daki' part of it comes from 'daku,' and the 'ageru' means this 上げる and not the あげる meaning 'to give.'

'wa' after 'hoshi' makes "star" the subject of the sentence, and the 'wo' after 'te' makes "hand" the direct object. This just means that the "star" did some sort of action to the "hand."

kennymevrick

Well I will give you this translation urgently, This Japanese translation is "Daki ageru 抱き上げる is a compound verb that means "to raise up." The 'daki' part of it comes from 'daku,' and the 'ageru' means this 上げる and not the あげる meaning 'to give.'"

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I think it's a bot. :< Parts of it copies exactly what onkei says. It's a lesser known pattern of spambots.