The Tree of Time

Sir Kibbles

The Tree of Time Ch. 02 -New-

This is a book I've been writing for about 3 months now. Thought I'd post it here to see if anyone likes it. Its about a boy named Caleb and his Girlfriend Shannon get this locket that sends them through time. An evil man named Nazoma wants the locket and the remaining 3 to control all of time. Its gonna be a series of 5 but the series doesn't have a title yet. Book one is titled "The Tree of Time"

-Comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One: Things Change

3000s: The Future

The streets were lonely and empty, silent and dark. Not a soul was around; that is, except for two figures who were having an argument in a dark alleyway. One of the figures was tall and overpowering a cowering shorter figure. The shorter of the two cowered in fear as the taller’s voice rumbled though the empty streets.

“Where is it!?!” Bellowed the taller figure, his anger quickly building inside himself.

“S-Sir Nazoma! I-Its gone! Gone sir!” Said the shorter, trembling and stuttering his words.

“What do you mean, gone!?! Where is it!?!” Repeated Nazoma.

“I-I do not know sir! The place where it was supposed to have been is…” But Nazoma cut him off.

“I see. So it has all ready begun. The boundaries of time are beginning to shift. It won’t be long now. It’ll arrive soon enough. Come, Neemo. Time will bring it to us.” Said Nazoma walking out of the alley, Neemo trailing behind him.

2000s: Present Day

Sunlight poured though my window of my four-bedroom brick house, waking me up on the first of a series of unusual days. I moaned and groaned as I sat up and onto the edge of my bed. I shook my head; my shaggy blonde hair shaking around. I finally opened his eyes, looking around my room with my groggy dark green eyes. I yawned and stretched my arms then dropped them to my side as my yawn ended.

Just as I was about to stand up, my cell phone began ringing a popular rock song ring tone. I grabbed the phone off of the dresser and answered it, still groggy.

“Hello?” I answered in a low tone.

“Hey, Caleb! Did you just wake up?” Came a female voice on the other end.

“Hi Shannon. Yeah, just about to get dressed.”

“Oh. Did I wake you?”

“No. I woke up before you called.”

“Oh okay. That’s good. Well I’m about to leave with my family for my birthday lunch. We’re still meeting tonight, right?”

I shot straight up, now awake and alerted. I had forgotten that today was Shannon Hayes’ 16th birthday!

“Of course!” I lied. “How could I forget something like that!?! And just you wait, I’ve got the best present for you! You’re gonna love it!” I sounded reassuring, knowing I actually didn’t have a present for her. Yet anyway.

“Really!?! Oh! I can’t wait! I love you so much! See you tonight Caleb! I love you!!!” She made a kissing noise into the phone.

“I love you too. See you tonight.” And with that, I hung up the phone and got dressed.

I got up walked out into the living room. My parents were preparing to leave for work. Mom looked over at me in a hurry, her curly blonde hair hanging down past her shoulders.

“Caleb, dear, what are you doing today?” She asked.

“Going out to get Shannon a present for her birthday.” I replied, watching dad hastily put on his suit jacket.

“Son, be careful out there. There are some bad drivers out there.” He said, doing a last minute check for his things. “Margaret, where are the keys?”

“Right here, Stanley.” She said, holding the keys. Dad smiled and took them.

“Okay, be good Caleb. We’ll see you this evening.” Said Mom, walking out of the door. Dad nodded and followed after her, shutting the door behind him. I watched as they pulled out of the driveway and drove away towards the courthouse to do their jobs as lawyers. I slumped down into one of the recliner chairs and sighed.

“What in the hell am I gonna get her?” I said aloud to myself. I put my hand to my forehead and thought.

A pair of double metal doors slid apart, allowing a female woman to pass through the now open doorway. The woman had long brown hair, held back into a long ponytail with part of her hair nearly covering one of her deep brown eyes. She walked up to a large observation monitor with a man in uniform examining recorded video footage.

“What’s the situation?” Asked the girl. The man looked to her and jerked his head to the monitor.

“Miss Leah! See for yourself. There’s been a breakout.”

“You’re kidding. Its impossible to escape from Kalana Prison!”

“This is the only footage that was recovered. Who ever this guy was, he was a genius. He knew everything about the prison. Like, they already knew what was gonna happen!” Said the man as he pressed a button on the computer in front of the monitor.

The footage began to play a recording of two male figures walking by a camera; the taller of the two, grinning evilly as they passed. Leah scowled as she watched the footage.

“That’s… Nazoma and Neemo. We’ve had trouble with them in the past. But what puzzles me…” She broke off, pressing a button and freeze framing the footage and zooming to another person in the background. Another Nazoma.

“…is how they were in two places at once.”

Finally, I left his house, driving though town in my car, looking for a place to buy Shannon’s present. I must have looked at a million stores as I drove by. Finally, I stopped off at a local store and walked inside. I walked up to the counter as the clerk looked up at me. I looked down at what the clerk was selling: Jewelry.

“Can I help you sir?” Asked the Clerk. I frowned, knowing I couldn’t afford Jewelry with the little money I had.

“Umm, yes actually. Today is my girlfriend’s birthday and I need a gift for her. What do you recommend?” I said, still frowning.

The Clerk smiled at me, her face beaming.

“Awww how cute! Well I recommend this necklace…” She picked up a very elegant and very expensive looking necklace. The light from the ceiling glistened off the necklace.

“Ummm, how much?” I asked without even listening to what the girl had to say.

“Oh? This is 300 dollars.” I groaned and ran my hand over my face. “Too much I take it? How about this bracelet? Only 150.”

I shook my head, feeling stupider by the second.

“Okay,” Began the girl again. “Then tell me, how much do you have?”

I felt my face grow grew red. “Twenty bucks.”

The girl started to laugh; only making me feel worse.

“Well, sir. I think you’re in the wrong store!” She continued to laugh as I walked out, still with nothing for Shannon. I sat down on the curb next to the car and started racking my brain for what to get Shannon. Then out of the corner of my eye, I caught someone walking up behind me wearing a trench coat. I turned around quickly and stood up, keeping distance from the stranger.

“I hear you’re looking for a gift?” He said, grinning.

“What’s it to you?” I replied, remaining cautious.

“I am just trying to help. You see…” The man reached into his pocket and pulled out a small round silver locket on a silver chain. “I have this locket I want to get rid of. Its yours for lets say… twenty dollars?”

I eyed the locket, shocked to see such a beautiful locket for such a cheap price. I hesitated for a moment, wondering if there was something wrong with it.

“Time waits for no one. And your time is running out.” Said the man, still holding the locket, the sunlight glimmering off of its silver surface. I didn’t understand what the man just told me but remembered I didn’t have much time to get another present. I pulled out my wallet and took out a twenty-dollar bill.

“Okay. I’ll take it.” I said as I handed the man the money and took the silver locket. Immediately, I turned and got into my car and drove away. Still a little scared of the encounter, I took a deep breath and set the locket down in the passage seat. I returned home and as I turned off the car, I looked at the locket. I stared down at it for a moment then picked it up and went inside the house.

I sat down on the sofa and examined the locket closer. The outside had a strange inscription that wasn’t even in English. Cautiously, I opened the locket up; one side there were more words that I didn’t understand and the other side was a small hourglass built into the locket.

“Hey! I know what I can put in here!”

I got up and ran into my room. I took from my dresser a small picture of Shannon and I together during my last birthday. I smiled remembering the good memories from that day and placed it in the inscription side of the locket.

“There! She’s gonna love it!”

Leah entered another room of the Kalana Prison; a storage area holding various robots. She stopped in front of a short stocky dull gray robot and smiled.

“Good morning, Ode.” She said to the robot. Ode the robot’s emerald green eyes clicked on, shining onto Leah.

“Good morning, Leah. What’s the occasion?” He asked, his tone his usual polite gentleman.

“We have work, Ode. You-know-who has escaped from Kalana. We need to track him down and arrest him.”

“And by ‘You-know-who’ I am sure you are referring to Nazoma, correct?” Leah nodded as Ode began moving his arms and legs around.

“I am ready when you are, Leah.” He said at last, waiting for Leah’s orders.

“Okay. Follow me.”

Leah called Ode as a nickname. ‘Ode’ coming from his serial number: ODE-74093. So she simply calls him Ode. Ode followed after Leah, who led them to a 4-door car with no wheels. The doors flipped out and upwards and Leah took the driver’s seat with Ode taking passenger. The doors closed down to their original position. Leah started up the vehicle and it lifted up off the ground, hovering. An onboard monitor flashed the letters: C.O.A.T.S. Leah scowled as a commercial advertisement began to play about a military. Leah scowled at the advertisement.

“Damn C.O.A.T.S. Little does the public know that they’re corrupt. I feel sorry for them.”

Leah drove the hover car out of an underground garage and out into a large gray city. No natural life was seen anywhere. Buildings, streets, and hovering cars dominated the land for as far as the eye could see. Leah drove the hover car down the street into a busy intersection, determined to find Nazoma.

The evening had arrived at last. I left my house and headed toward the park where Shannon and I had first met. I parked at the top of the hill, looking down on the park. The park was built along a small beach of a lake. In the center of the park was a large tree that stood over the park. I walked up to the tree and examined a spot on the tree with a heart and words carved into the tree, inside the heart:

Shannon + Caleb
Together Forever Until The End Of Time

I smiled and read the words over and over again.

“Caleb! There you are!” Came Shannon’s voice from behind

When I turned around I saw Shannon trotting down the hill, her long dark brown hair bouncing around. She finally reached me at the tree and looked into my eyes, smiling widely. I looked down at her, being slightly taller, into her dark brown eyes.

“Happy Birthday.” I whispered, reaching into my pocket for the silver locket. But as my hand wrapped around the locket, I felt a pulse emitting from it. I suddenly stopped smiling and felt worried. Obviously it was easily noticed.

“What’s wrong? Caleb?” I felt far away. I shook my head and pulled out the locket. Shannon looked down to it. The locket was pulsating like a heart.

“What’s wrong with it? Caleb?” She looked to me but I was blank and far away. She shook me, tears forming in her eyes.

“Caleb!!! What’s wrong?” Yelled Shannon, worry in her tone. I shook my head and came back to reality.

“Shannon!”

“Caleb! The locket!” I looked at the locket, as it swung open, showing the picture of us with happy expressions on our faces. The hourglass was now spinning fast and the air next to us was growing heavy. The air began to warp around like heat waves and from it a wormhole ripped open. Inside the hole was a mixture of light blue and green colors. I felt a force begin to pull my body and felt myself leave the ground, Shannon right next to me.

“CALEB!!!” I grabbed Shannon’s hand as we were both sucked into the wormhole, it closed behind us. I held onto to Shannon’s hand, afraid to lose her.

“Shannon! Hang on!” But my grip was slipping; I let go of Shannon!

“Caleb! Help!” But there was nothing I could do but watch as Shannon flew away from me. “SHANNON!”

Shannon vanished from my sight and the everything went black…

Leah turned the hover car onto another street. A light blue and green light broke out over the road ahead of them. Leah screamed and hit the brakes as I fell from the blue and green wormhole and onto the road. The headlights of the hover car clicked on as the sky grew darker. I was dazed and slowly stood up and held my head. Then suddenly everything that happened to me in the last couple of minutes hit me. I looked around frantically and scared.

“Wh-where am I? Shannon!?! Shannon! Where are you?” I stopped suddenly, seeing Leah emerge from the car.

“Stay in here, Ode. I’ll take care of this.” Ode nodded. I tried to examine Leah the best he could through the headlights but they were too bright.

“Shannon? You’re okay! What’re you wearing? You don’t have your license yet!” Leah walked into the headlights.

“Who is Shannon?” Asked Leah. I frowned, realizing the horrible truth that this girl wasn’t my girlfriend.

“I’m looking for Shannon Hayes! Have you seen her?” I asked her anxiously. Leah looked at me confused.

“Shannon Hayes?” She repeated back with a sound of question in her voice.

“My Great Great Great Great Grandmother?”

Sir Kibbles

Chapter Two: The Locket

I stared at Leah, unsure of what I just heard. I felt as if my head was spinning. What was going on? Where was I and where was Shannon? I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

“Listen, I don’t know what you’re talking about. But I have to find Shannon and get her home.”

I turned to walk away. Leah looked to Ode who was still in the passenger seat and jerked her head in my direction. Ode nodded and got out of the car.

“Listen sir,” began Ode. “Walking away won’t help you. However, we can.”

I turned back around and squinted my eyes through the bright headlights.

“Sure,” I said. “If you turn off those damn lights!”

Ode’s eyes blinked and the headlights turned off. My eyes began to focus slowly. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Standing in front of me was a living robot! I stood shocked unable to believe what I was seeing.

“We can help.” Said Leah, awakening me from my trance. “We want to help. We’re looking for someone as well. Will you come with us?”

I raised a shaking hand at Ode. “Is he real? A real robot?”

Leah began to laugh.

“Yes. Quite real, I’d say. Just like the thousand others in the city. But Ode here is harmless. Been my partner for many years now.” I stopped shaking and took a real look at my surroundings. The sky was dark and cloudy, all around me was no natural life but many roads, a highway, I guessed. Off in the distance I could see many hovering cars driving back and forth down the intersecting roads as well as tall buildings at least 20 stories tall and crammed together. This place was like anything I had ever seen and defiantly not home.

“The locket…” I whispered aloud. Leah looked at me suspiciously. “Locket? What locket?”

I pulled out the silver locket from my pocket and held it up to show Leah and Ode.

“This locket… it sent me through time… take me with you! I want to find out more about this place!” I said, placing the locket back into my pocket. Leah looked to Ode and shrugged.

“Through time? That’s not possible.” Said Leah.

“Well its true! I was with Shannon at the tree…”

“Wait! A tree? Trees are extinct!” Said Leah, interrupting me.

“Well anyway. You can come with us. I want to know more about you. Like why you say you were next to a tree and about my great grandmother. All these things are strange to me.”

I nodded and walked up to them. Leah motioned for me to enter the back of the car. I nodded and got in as Ode and Leah returned to their original places in the car. Leah looked back to me and held out her hand.

“By the way, I’m Leah. Leah Hayes. And this is Ode.” I shook her hand and nodded towards Ode.

“I’m Caleb. Caleb Warner. So you really are related to Shannon.”

“Yeah. She was a really old relative of mine.” I sat back as Leah turned the monitor back on. An image of a tall man with long black shoulder length hair appeared on the monitor. The man looked very mean and intimidating.

“This is who we are looking for. His real name is unknown. He simply goes by Nazoma. His right hand man is this man,” An image of a short stocky plump man with no hair appeared. “His name is Neemo. Apparently he works under Nazoma. They recently escaped from Kalana Prison. We’re still not sure how they did it.”

I stared at the video of the man known as Nazoma and felt a spike of fear within. Why had this man looked so familiar to me? I set these thoughts aside and looked out into the city. High in the sky there were large ships flying through the dark sky. The buildings were lit up like New York City at night. I leaned back into the seat and took a deep breath.

I ahead looked ahead to see a bright white light in the middle of the street ahead. I tensed up and closed my eyes, awaiting an impact of some kind. I then heard Leah scream and felt the car suddenly come to a halt. I sat in silence, eyes closed and heart thumping madly. Finally, it was Leah that broke the silence.

“Is everyone okay?” I slowly opened my eyes.

“I detect no internal injuries.” Said Ode. The light in front of the car dimmed and revealed two figures standing in the road, one tall, and one short.

“Its… Nazoma and Neemo!” Said Leah just as I noticed who they were. Nazoma had his hand out, palm facing the car. He had his eyes closed and concentrating hard. A pale blue light started forming in front of his palm.

“Get out of the car!!!” Said Leah in a panic, climbing out of the car. I immediately got out of the car along with Ode. The pale blue light split into four thin lasers and shot towards the car. Before I had time to move, the four beams hit the car, exploding on contact. The force of the explosion threw Leah, Ode, and I onto the ground. My head was throbbing; I forced myself back onto my feet. Leah and Ode had already gotten back onto their feet and already in conversation.

“Where’s the locket?” Asked Nazoma, his voice deep and loud.

“We have no idea what you’re talking about!” Replied Leah in a not-so-convincing tone.

“Don’t play games with master Nazoma! We know you have the silver locket!” Yelled out Neemo, his voice high pitched and scratchy. I noticed he was talking to me. I gulped and put my hand in my pocket. I gripped the cold locket in my hand.

“Give us the locket!” Bellowed Nazoma, advancing towards Leah and I. Ode brought his arms up and pointed them at Nazoma. Ode’s hands transformed into small chain guns and fired the guns at Nazoma who quickly held up his hand and formed a transparent blue barrier in front of him, blocking the bullets. Neemo ran towards Ode and before he could notice, Neemo grabbed his right arm and hurled him over the car. Leah grabbed my arm and pulled me down next to the car. Ode’s body fell on top of the car and rolled off in front of Leah and me.

“What is going on? That kind of strength… no human could do that! What is so special about that locket, Caleb?’ Asked Leah as Nazoma began to advance towards us, who were still huddled by the car. Neemo began walking around the other side behind us.

“I don’t know. I’ve never even met Nazoma before! I’ve got an idea. Grab Ode and hang onto me. I hope this works…” Leah nodded and grabbed Ode, helping him up on his feet. Leah took a hold of my arm as I got up. I took out the locket and held it up.

“You mean this locket!?!” I said, a shot of bravery going through me. Nazoma stopped, his eyes wide and fixed upon the locket. Behind me, I could see out of the corner of my eye, Neemo creeping up on us.

“Then come and get it.” I held the locket tightly to my chest, closed my eyes, and prayed for anywhere, anytime other than where we were. I didn’t care. I just wanted to be somewhere Nazoma and Neemo couldn’t get us. I then felt something trying to suck us in, like a vacuum.

“Caleb!” Came Leah’s voice. I opened my eyes and saw the light blue vortex open in front of us.

“Jump in!” I yelled out. Neemo made a run for us but he was too late. Me and Leah, who was holding onto Ode, jumped in, the vortex closing behind us.

1300s: The Middle Ages

Shannon was thrown from the time vortex onto a grassy plain. Without getting up, she lifted up her head and looked around cautiously, too scared to move. Behind her came the sound of horse hooves galloping on the plains. She sat up and looked behind her. A group of five armored men on horsebacks were galloping her way. Immediately she got up and ran the opposite way, away from the men. But she was too slow; the men on the horses surrounded her on all sides.

“Well well, what hath a woman of your stature doing out here?” Said one of the men. “You need be of a more fitting place. Shall I say, the kitchen?”

The other men burst out in laughter. Shannon felt a mixture of fear, embarrassment, and anger all at the same time. The men dismounted their horses and advanced on Shannon.

“I think she’ll make a fine slave…” The man reached for Shannon but stopped from the sound of someone clearing their throat. All of the men turned to see another man who was not there a moment before, wearing very nice looking knight armor; nicer than the other men. He had short brown hair and deep brown eyes. He wore a long blue cape down his backside.

“And what service can I be of yours?” Asked the man to the knight.

“What service you ask? That you step away from the lady and leave this place at once!” His voice was clear and demanding. The man with the group laughed and withdrew a sword, the others following his action.

“And what if I refuse?”

“Then this place will be your grave.” The knight withdrew his own sword, the blade gleaming in the sunlight. The group of men ran at the knight, yelling out war cries. The knight grinned.

“Making the first move. Foolish. Why are you in such a hurry to…” The knight cut himself off as the first man reached him. His sword came down; the knight sidestepped and flipped him on his back. The knight kicked the second man in the gut, throwing him on his back. The knight returned to standing position.

“…Die.” A third man tried to impale his sword through the knight but missed due to the knight jumping back to avoid the thrust. The knight then stabbed the man in the arm he used to hold the sword. He gave scream before dropping his sword.

“Come on, men! Retreat for now!” Yelled out the leader and the others returned to their horses and road away. The knight pulled out a cloth and cleaned the little blood that was on the end. He put his sword away and walked up to Shannon who was on the ground in the fetal position.

“Are you okay, madam?” He asked.

“Please! Don’t kill me! Caleb, where are you!?!” She called out. The knight looked at her surprised.

“I’m not going to hurt you. I have been waiting for you.” He held out a hand to help Shannon up. Shannon looked up at the knight and nodded, giving him her hand. The knight helped her to her feet and looked her up and down.

“You don’t seem to be hurt. Are you okay?”

“Yes. I’m fine. Umm, you said you were waiting for me. Who are you?”

The knight blushed slightly.

“Forgive my rudeness. I am Dian. The captain of the 14th division under the King and Queen.” He stood up straight, proud of his rank.

“So you’re a knight?”

“Correct.”

“That’s so cool. I’m…”

“Shannon Hayes, am I correct?” Shannon was surprised to know that Dian knew her.

“How…do you know my name?”

Dian sighed and led her over to a large rock where they both sat down.

“I know your name because I know who you are. I also know your boyfriend, Caleb.” Shannon bit her lower lip.

“How?”

Dian reached into his armor and took something out and held it up.

“Look familiar?” Shannon stared at it for a moment then remembered her gift from Caleb. The locket.

“Caleb had one. But it was different.” She looked closer at the golden locket.

“Exactly. You were sent here from the year 2007, correct? I’ve been there myself for you see… I can travel through time as well.”

Shannon stared at Dian in confusion.

“I don’t understand. Are you saying that Caleb and I traveled through time?” Shannon asked.

“That’s exactly what I am saying. You are in the 1300s. You traveled back through time!”

Shannon stared in disbelief. Had she really traveled 600 plus years back into the past? Thoughts ran through her head. Of Caleb. Of Caleb giving her the locket and being thrown into a strange vortex. Of losing Caleb in the time stream. She shook her head and almost cried.

“I know it’s hard to believe. But this locket and Caleb’s locket allows us to travel through time.” Shannon stood up and began pacing in front of the rock.

“I believe you. But where’s Caleb? Is he okay?” Dian shook his head.

“That, I don’t know. I expected him to show up here with you. Oh, what have I done!?!” Dian slammed his fist into one of his greaves.

“What do you mean ‘what’ve I done?’” Asked Shannon. Dian looked at her with sadness in his eyes.

“It’s going to be a long story. Are you ready for it?”

Unknown: The Beginning of Time

Leah, Ode, and I were flying backwards through the time stream. Waves of light blue and green passed by all around us.

“Caleb, what’s going on?” Yelled Leah from behind.

“We’re being sent through time. Hang on!”

“What!?! Caleb, Ode is badly damaged! I need to repair him!”

Before I could respond, we were hurled into a white light. I landed with a thud on the ground or what was supposed to be the ground. I stood up and saw nothing but white all around me. Even the floor was pure white. Behind me I heard the thuds of Leah and Ode coming in behind him. I turned around and saw a hole in the whiteness. Through the hole was the time stream we had just fell out of. Leah got to her feet and shook her head.

“Thanks for the help!” She said sarcastically.

“Oh. Sorry…”

“Where are we?” She asked, checking on Ode.

“What is going on?” Said Ode.

“Caleb! Ode is back online. But he needs repairs in order to move but I don’t have the tools.”

I looked ahead of them and saw a strange chair with a woman sitting in it. She stood up and looked towards me.

“Who… are you?” I asked. Leah looked to where I was looking and saw the woman. She gave a small gasp at her appearance. The woman was short, standing at 5 feet. She had pearly white hair that matched the surroundings. Her eyes were deep blue and sharp.

“Welcome. To the Beginning of Time.” Said the woman. Leah and I stared at her in awe.

“I know you must be surprised. I am Naroma, guardian of the Beginning of Time. Please, have a seat and I shall explain it all.”

I looked to Leah and shrugged and we both sat down together.

“You have the silver locket, correct?” Caleb nodded; no words could come to his mouth.

“Time is created from here. And from here come different time periods. There are four major time periods: 65 million B.C. the Prehistoric Age, 1300s The Middle Ages, 2000s, the age of the technology rise, and 3000s The Future. Apart from these four periods are the Beginning of Time and the End of Time. When it all began, four lockets were created to create barriers to prevent people from traveling through time. But the lockets had the opposite effect because one of the lockets never made it to its correct time. The Brass locket was to go to the prehistoric age but never made it. Instead it ended up at the End of Time with Nazoma.”

“Nazoma? You mean…”

“Yes. It’s the same Nazoma.” Said Naroma, interrupting me. “Nazoma is the guardian of the End of Time. When he got a hold of the brass locket, he used it to go back in time to find the others, for you see, if he gets all four lockets, he can control time itself.”

“Where are the other two lockets?” Asked Leah.

“The Gold Locket was sent to the Middle Ages, The Silver Locket, which Caleb holds now, was sent to his time period, and the Copper Locket was sent to the future.”

“So Nazoma knows Caleb has the Silver Locket. That’s why he was trying to get it from us. But that means…” Said Leah.

“That the Copper Locket is still in your time!” I said.

“Yes,” Said Naroma. “You must retrieve the locket at all costs. As well as the others.”

I looked to Leah and nodded.

“But, Naroma, how do we know we’ll get there?” I asked.

“Use the locket. It will take you where you desire. Just like how it brought you here. Nazoma may be able to travel through time, but he cannot enter the Beginning of Time.”

“Thank you, Naroma.” I said, turning to the others. “Lets go.”

I helped Leah drag Ode over to the hole.

“Be safe in the Corridors of Time.” Said Naroma. I concentrated hard on being back in the future and jumped through the hole, Leah and Ode behind me.