The Game!

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
The Game!

So... the game came out today, anyone get it? :p

Seems pretty good so far, but I'm only an hour or so into the game...

I'm using the japanese audio instead of the english, because I just really didn't like the english at all. To my surprise, the game voices sound pretty close to the anime ones, just in an older tone... the only two, so far, who sound different are Jiro, who's voice is higher pitched, and then Nene, who's voice is lower :p

If anyone is wondering if they should get it, I recommend that you go and get it now :D

Also, Rein is pretty cute. :3

GSR

That one guy
I don't have a 360. It's getting panned by reviewers from what I can see, though.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Actually, only IGN gave it a mildly bad review. If you look at all the others, they gave it like 9/10...

The guy at my gamestop said that IGN was just full of shit ;< Because I was going to cancel my preorder because of the review from them... but when I got the game today, I was glad I didn't cancel it :D

Kingston Ducky

The Blue Dragon Spec.
Scar WOULDN'T be lying because, ign and gamespot and shitty shooter raters and are full of shit when it comes to RPGs especially JRPGs, I would know, It's MY game and MY 360, Scar doesn't even play it :D

Rein

The Mysterious Stranger
I find it odd how before it came out in the US, reviewers from all over america were loving this game and like, buying it up and shit. Now it comes to america and they're supposedly panning it.

Seems kind of odd to me. <_<;

Either way, once I get a 360 I'm going to buy it along with Eternal Sonata.

Kingston Ducky

The Blue Dragon Spec.
I seriously think that they were bribed(Possibly By EA) To hate on it, because damn Peter Moore moved to EA, EA's going to Be even worse than it was to begin with, because they will be copying and panning on other games SO much.
Sorry about my Little Rant, i kinda needed to let that little bug out

Fruitsbsk28

Funga fufu~~
I'm seriously considering getting an XBOX 360 for this game.

Meh, It got better ratings in the Japanese community. Famitsu gave it a 37/40... And it's usually hard to get a high score with Famitsu. I mean, come on Gamespot. :/ Be nice for a change.

Neriek

Well, I played the game and it is great. The only problem I have with is is that the level design seems a bit bland, but I can get past that. I think that some parts of the game are so funny from what I have played. Small parst like Monster Fights and enemies dropping items in poo. Lol.

Kingston Ducky

The Blue Dragon Spec.
Almost through the 1st disc, if I really wanted to finish, i could have completed the 1st disc the weekend after I got it, but I tend to slack off and play other games and leave the game on. I'm about 75% through disc 1 at a staggering time on 33 hours and 52 minutes. That's the time one could normally complete 2 discs working at an average pace. But most of the walkthroughs I've been seeing don't help with what you REALLY need to know: Where to find items and spells. Let's use an example of something that happened to me today. I was playing through, checking the www.bluedragon-360.net walkthrough, and it said to use Flara (I believe it is the level 2 fire element spell) against a boss that was of the Darkness type. But I had Level 4 Shina(The level 4 light offensive attack) on every person in my party because the boss was a dark type, using Shina would inflict massive damage. Jiro was my main attacker for he is my White magic user of my party then Kluke was my next in line for a heavy attack, she is the Black magic user, so she has a high magic attack, which helped. Shuu is a Monk, which is pretty much a charged melee attacker, so his spells were garbage, so he healed, and Maru was a Generalist and he also has very low magic attack so he also healed. If I was told where Flara was by the walkthrough I was reading, the battle wouldn't have been 4 tries long. I might do a re-run of the game looking for major spells & items to make a spell & major item guide. But boss battles are somewhat easier than normal battles and you know their coming because of the "checkpoint" dialog that scares the living hell out of you, so you can run away and grind. When I finish the game I can give an honest rating, but no one'll really care then. But if you do have any questions about the game, or anything gaming related shoot something my way (even if that happens to be a bullet over Live) and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Thank you for enduring my detailed critique of online walkthroughs but if you read this you probably got SOMETHING out of it, and by the way you lose thegame!